- Text Size +

My Breathless Mistress VI

Chapter Four

 

                AJ’s eyes slowly opened and as they came into focus he saw a brown curly hair in his face.  Reaching for it he pulled it away and saw her sleeping.  His fingers drifted from the piece of hair he held down to her neck, it drifted across her shoulder and down her arm.  They slipped from her wrist and glided around her stomach as she slept on her side.  His eyes drifted back to hers as the memories of the night before flashed into his mind.  He shimmied down the bed a little and became eye level to her stomach.

 

“Hello” He said as he stretched his hand over the bump.  “I guess I should introduce myself, I’m your Dad.  I’m on the outside but I can tell you, you have a killer crib. I want it back when you’re done tho so take care of it.” He said as he jokingly pointed at her stomach. His eyes followed his hand as his fingers trickled down her stomach.  “I’m always going to be there for you lil man, I promise.”

 

“I’m not that good at the sports stuff but I’m sure your Uncle Kevin can help ya with that, and I can teach ya how to play pool and poker.” He spoke with a loving tone.  “Your Mom will teach you all the good stuff like how to be strong.  She taught me so I know she’ll have your back.”

 

“You were always strong to me.” Chelsea voice interrupted him and he looked up at her startled. 

 

“Well there was a lot you missed.” He sighed as he looked back at his hand.

 

“I still know what you’ve been through; I think I know a little something about having to find a new life, having to start over.” She said as her hand slid over his. “I know what kind of courage and strength it takes to pull yourself through that.”  He smiled, her words putting a skip in his heart.

 

“So you never did tell me what Anne said about the news.” AJ said as he shimmied back up to her.

 

“She’s thrilled” Chelsea replied.  “She wants us to come out there for Christmas, if we didn’t have anything planned.”

 

“Who’s going to be there?” AJ asked knowing, he would be there.

 

“Kevin, Kris and Mason, Tim, his wife and kids…” She paused. “…and Jerald” She said quickly.

 

“Chelsea, I’m not risking him saying something that would upset you.” AJ sighed.  “I just can’t not now.”

 

“Even if we stayed in a hotel? We could go if he started anything.” She replied and he saw in her eyes how much she wanted to go.  He knew why too, her Mom was out there, and with the exception of Jerald, they were her family.

 

“Talk to Nadia about it but if we do it that way I guess I’m ok with it.” AJ replied as he took her hand.  “He starts anything…”

 

“And we can just get in the car and go back to the hotel or do our own thing around town or something.” She replied with a hopeful smile.

 

“I’m ok with it then.” He shrugged as she wrapped her arms around him.

 

“Thank you” She said.

 

“There you’re family Chelsea I’m just worried about Jerald.” He told her as they pulled away.

 

“I know but I think if he were to start anything right now.” She said as she looked down at her stomach.  “Kevin or Anne would kill him or Jerald himself would come back and give that boy a whoopin’” She replied with a light laugh.

 

                “Did you tell Kevin yet?” He asked.

 

“No, I called last night but there was no answer, I’ll try in a little bit.” She said as she looked at the alarm clock.

 

“I wonder if Nadi’s up.” AJ said with a sly smile.

 

“She hates it when you call he that.” Chelsea sighed.

 

“I know” He said with a smile as he looked at her.  His wife rolled her eyes at him as he crawled out of bed and got dressed.  He opened the door and took a deep breath.

 

“NADI ARE YOU UP?!” He shouted down the hall way.

 

“Alex” Chelsea sighed again.

 

“NAAAAADIIIIII!!” He shouted as he started to walk down the hall.

 

“WHAT!?” Nadia screamed from her bedroom.

 

“WHATCH’A DOIN’!?” AJ shouted back at her.

 

“STOP SHOUTING!” Chelsea yelled back at the both of them as AJ stood at Nadia’s open door.

 

“So what ya doing?” He asked.

 

“Playing Baseball” She said as she swung the Wii wand.

 

“Am  I ever getting that back downstairs?” He asked as he sat on her bed.

 

“Nope” She replied and he wondered if she was impersonating him.

 

Just then there was a knock at the door and Nadia stopped what she was doing as AJ stood up.  He walked down the stairs and across the living room to the front door.  His eye looked out the peep hole and he saw Kevin standing on the other side. 

 

“Hello” He smiled as Kevin looked at him.

 

“Welcome home man how was the tour?” He asked as AJ let him in.

 

“It was good, hectic through the last part, not enough hotel time to much bus time.” He sighed as he closed the door.

 

“Ew, I don’t miss that” Kevin replied with a laugh as he sat down.  “So where’s the family?”

 

“Upstairs” AJ replied with a nod towards the stairs but then he saw Chelsea coming down.

 

“I was just about to call you” Chelsea said as Kevin got up to hug her.

 

“Kris and I went out last night.” Kevin told her as the two hugged.

 

“Why didn’t you call me to watch Mason?” She asked.

 

“Figured you’d want some alone time with AJ getting home and all.” He said as he sat back down on the couch.  “Where’s Nadia?”

 

“She’s upstairs probably still coming down from yesterday.” Chelsea said with a light laugh as she looked at AJ.

 

“Did I miss something?” Kevin asked as he saw the couple exchanging glances.

 

“Hey Dad” Nadia said as she ran down the stairs, cordless phone in hand.  “Oh, Hi Kevin”

 

“Hi” He said with a smile as she walked around the couch.

 

“When can you drive me to Kandis’s?” She asked.

 

“Well let’s have breakfast and then I’ll take you.” AJ said as he sat down.

 

“Okay” She replied as she turned and ran back upstairs.

 

“Don’t think she’s come down at all.” AJ said looking back a Chelsea.

 

“What?” Kevin asked as he looked at the both of them.

 

“After the Ultra Sound Alex took us to see a rehearsal of Nick Jonas.” Chelsea told him.

 

“What?” Kevin asked looking at AJ a little shocked and weirded out, than he remembered the fifteen year old upstairs.  “Oooh”

 

“Yeah, scored some major Dad points yesterday.” AJ said as he clapped his hands together and rubbed them excitedly.   Kevin laughed with a bright smile.

 

“So do you want to know what we’re having?” Chelsea asked.

 

“Yes damn it, took you long enough” Kevin said sitting up.

 

“It’s a Boy” Chelsea told him with a bright smile.

 

“That’s awesome.” Kevin said with an impressed nod.  “So awesome guys”

 

“Yeah that’s now four outta the five” Chelsea sighed.

 

“Four outta five what?” Kevin and AJ asked confused.

 

“Backstreet Babies” Chelsea said rolling her eyes.

 

“Oh Nick’s having a girl.” AJ said with such certainty.

 

“Yup” Kevin nodded.  “It’s karma.”

 

“Na-ah, that’s revenge.” AJ said shaking his head. “Karma is him having twin girls.”

 

“Puts a whole new meaning to that kids ‘Double the pleasure, double the fun’ saying.” Kevin said as AJ started laughing.  “So” He said looking at Chelsea.  “Did you call Mom and tell her?”

 

“Yeah I talked to her last night.” She told him.

 

“Did she talk to you at all?” Kevin asked and AJ smiled to himself knowing Kevin was going to bring up Christmas.

 

“Yes, yes she asked me if we could think about going out there for the Holidays.” Chelsea said as she too had a smile.

 

“Have you two thought about it?” He asked.

 

“Yeah” AJ nodded.  “We’re going to get a hotel just incase Jerald starts anything.”

 

“I don’t think he would.” Kevin said with a light shake of his head.

 

“I wouldn’t put it past him.” Chelsea said.  “But I know Anne would kill him.”

 

“Well good I’m glad you’ll be there.” Kevin smiled.

 

“We still wanna run it by Nadia but Kevin I swear if he starts anything.” AJ said as he looked at his former band mate sternly.

 

“He won’t I’ll make sure of it” Kevin said.  “I promise”

 

Kevin stayed for about a half hour more and after he left Chelsea started making everyone breakfast.  They sat around the kitchen table talking more baby names and talked to Nadia about going to Kentucky for Christmas. 

 

“I’m ok with going” She said with a shrug.  “I kind wanna see what it’s like to have Christmas with snow.”

 

“Plus we’ll get to see Kevin hurt himself.” AJ nodded.

 

“Why?” Nadia wondered.

 

“Cause he hurts himself every year.” AJ told her.

 

“Not every year” Chelsea sighed.

 

“Pretty damn close then.” AJ said with a light laugh. “Usually sledding somewhere, trees, bushes, rocks, nothing’s safe when that man is flying down a hill.”

 

“That’s funny” Nadia said laughing.

 

“Are you ready to go?” AJ asked her as she put her plate in the sink.

 

“Yeah my bag’s upstairs.” She said as she turned and looked at him.

 

“Okay, go grab it and meet me outside.” He told her as he stood up and Nadia headed upstairs.

 

“Do you want to come?” He asked as he turned to Chelsea.

 

“No, think I’m going to stretch out on the couch and watch TV.” She replied with a smile.

 

He walked over to her and kissed her on top of the head.  “Alright, I’ll see you when I get back, need anything, call my cell.”

 

“Okay.” She replied as she looked up and smiled at him.

 

AJ headed to the door and as he slipped on his sneakers he heard Nadia coming down the stairs.  She quickly shoved her feet into her shoes and opened the door.

 

“Hey” AJ said as she stopped and turned around.  She looked at him innocently.  “Say goodbye to your Mom.”

 

“Oh, yeah” Nadia said jokingly tapped her forehead.

 

When AJ got to the car Nadia came back out of the house and walked up to the passenger side.  He got in and slipped the key into the ignition as his daughter closed the door and buckled he seat belt.  AJ did up his and then backed the car out of the drive way. 

 

“Have you thought about writing to Santa?” AJ asked as the pulled out from his street.

 

He could feel Nadia’s eyes staring at him.  “Um, no”

 

“Awww why not” AJ pouted looking at her.  “I still do.”

 

“What?” She said looking at him like he had lost his mind.

 

“I write my Mom a list of things I want and she sends it to Santa and then Christmas morning he brings them to her house and then she brings them to me, it’s sweet.” AJ said as he looked at his daughter from the corner of his eye.  “Besides, you could always entertain us because we’ve never done the Santa thing before and really want to?” AJ said as he looked at her while they stopped at a red light.  “And did I mention you get presents, why wouldn’t you want to write a letter to Santa.”

 

Nadia smirked and then laughed.  “Alright fine”

 

“Sweet” AJ smiled as the car started rolling through the green light.

 

They pulled up to Kandis’s house and AJ parked the car against the curb. “Ok so call me when you want to come home, if you’re going to stay for dinner call and let us know.” He said as she grabbed her bag.

 

“Okay” She replied with a smile.  Then she wrapped her arm around giving him a quick hug.  “See ya later.”

 

“Bye Hun” AJ said as she closed the door.  He watched her walk up the path and knock on the door.  When it opened Kandis’s Mom waved and closed the door behind Nalia.  He smiled to himself as he put the car into drive; this whole Dad thing wasn’t too bad.