- Text Size +

My Breathless Mistress VI

Chapter Five

            December 24th 2009

                Man it really is beautiful out here during the winter.  Made it out here last night, stopped by the house said our hello’s.  Jerald wasn’t there; he was out with his family.  All the better if you ask me but now we’re on our way over there.  I don’t think he’d try anything, or say anything, Kevin’s there and Tim too.  Thank god at least one brother finally saw the light but…never say never, I’ve learned that all to well.

 

                AJ walked into the large country style home as he held the door open for Chelsea and Nadia.  He took his sunglasses off and let his eyes adjust to the light of the house.  The house had a hint of Cinnamon and he wondered what was going on out in the kitchen.

 

“Hi guys” He heard Kevin say and he looked over toward the couches.

 

“What it do?” AJ said with a nod.

 

“I’m going to go see what Anne is cooking, wanna come?” Chelsea asked Nadia as they hung up their jackets.

 

“Sure” She replied with a nod and the two girls walked into the room, the door opening letting out even more aromas into the living room.

 

“So how are you?” Kevin asked as AJ sat down.

 

“Good” AJ replied with a nod.  “Where are Kris and the kid?”

 

“Out back playing in the snow.” Kevin said with a light smile.  “So are you sure you’re ok?”

 

AJ looked at him confused.  “Yes, I’m fine” He replied slowly not understanding where Kevin was going with the second are you ok question.  “What’s going on dude?”

 

“Nothing, I’m just wondering, you know with you getting off tour and the baby news…” Kevin then stopped and stared at AJ for a minute.  “You’ve been sober right?”

 

“Oh christ Kevin” AJ sighed.

 

“I’m just wondering man because I care and I know you and I just…just asking to make sure everything’s good.” He replied.

 

“Everything is good, I have Nadia, I have Chelsea, and I have the baby coming I’m good Kevin really.” AJ said as he sat forward a little.  “I don’t worry about my Dad any more, I’ve got my own kids to worry about now, and I know with Chelsea around I’ll never worry about being alone.  She loves me, she gets me, and she’s everything I wanted, everything I was looking for.  I want to enjoy life with them and not worry about the stupid shit that’s always bogging me down.”

 

“Good answer.” Kevin replied with a proud smile.

 

“Just don’t ask me anymore, or at least almost every time I see you.” AJ sighed as he turned into the TV.

 

“Alright” Kevin replied sitting back.  “So what did you get Chels for Christmas?”

 

“I’m not telling you” AJ scoffed.

 

“Come on” Kevin said with a quick nod.  “Necklace?”

 

“Yeah a pearl one” AJ replied with a cocky smile.

 

“Dude” Kevin sighed with a disgusted look on his face.  “Ring?”

 

“Nope” AJ said shaking his head.

 

“Really?” Kevin replied a little shocked.

 

“Really” AJ said as he moved his eyes to look at Kevin but not his head.  He looked back to the TV.  He could feel Kevin’s eyes staring at him, burning a hole into his skull.  Taking a deep breath he let out a sigh. 

 

“I’m getting her…” He was distracted by the kitchen door opened.

 

“Anyone want a cookie?” Chelsea asked as she walked in with a plate.

 

AJ looked back at Kevin.  “Awww” He pouted mocking his friend.

 

“Thanks Chels” Kevin sighed as he sat back.

 

“What?” She replied confused.

 

“Kevin was being nosy and you ruined it” AJ said with a smile as he took a cookie from the plate.

 

The kitchen door opened again and Nadia walked into the room.  “I’m going outside to play with Kris and Mason.”

 

“Alright” Chelsea said as she turned to look at Nadia.  “Hat and gloves.”

 

“Mom I’m fifteen.” Nadia sighed.

 

“Exactly, hat and gloves.” Chelsea replied as she nodded to the closet door.  Nadia gathered her things and then headed back into the kitchen.  AJ looked over at Kevin who was laughing.  “What?” Chelsea said looking at Kevin.

 

“You sounded so Mom’ish there” He smiled

 

“Ugh shut up” Chelsea replied rolling her eyes as she put the plate down.

 

The front door opened and AJ looked over as he laughed at Kevin and Chelsea bickering.  When he saw Jerald walk in his smile left his face just as fast as Chelsea stopped talking.  Kevin’s eldest brother looked at Chelsea for a minute than his head turned to AJ.  His eyes locked onto Jerald’s and the memory of what that man had done to his family ran fresh in his mind.  The memory of how confused and scared Chelsea was brought a feeling of anger onto him.

 

“Where’s Mom?” Jerald asked as he looked to Kevin.

 

“In the kitchen” Kevin replied with a nod.  Jerald looked back to AJ quickly and then walked to the kitchen door.  When he disappeared into the other room AJ looked back at Chelsea who was looking at the door with sad eyes.

 

“Besides, if I remember right you still owe me for last Christmas.” She said as she looked back to Kevin and acted like she had completely forgotten about Jerald walking in.

 

“You cheated.” Kevin sighed.

 

“No” Chelsea replied shaking her head.

 

His eyes moved back to the kitchen door, sometimes he felt bad, maybe if he had just backed off back when they first found her, maybe then Jerald wouldn’t have gone so anal, and then maybe they would be talking still, acting like a brother and sister like they use too.  Who’s to say Chelsea and him wouldn’t have still ended up together if he had backed off and then he could have saved her the heart ache.  When someone walked in front of him it woke him from his day dream and he looked up as Kevin walked through the kitchen door.  He looked over and saw Chelsea as she sat down beside him on the couch.

 

“You know I have to say I’m proud of you” Chelsea said as she looked at him.

 

“You are?” He replied a little confused about what she was proud of.

 

“You haven’t bugged me once since you’ve been home about your gift.” She smiled.

 

“Maybe I already know” AJ said to her with a playful smile.

 

“Right” Chelsea lightly laughed.

 

“Nadia’s pretty easy to get info out off.” AJ replied and her head snapped to him.  He started busting out laughing, knowing he was only playing with her but her reaction made him crack up. “It’s alright sweetheart I know nothing” He smiled at her.

 

“Good” Chelsea replied with a sigh.

 

“How ya feeling?” He asked as his hand slid down her back.

 

“A little tired.” She replied with a light shrug.  “Nothing new” As he looked back to the TV she spoke up again.  “Do you think you could take me to the cemetery?” She asked.

 

“Right now?” AJ asked as she took his and nodded.  “Ok, are we taking Nadia?”

 

“If she wants to go” Chelsea said as she stood up.

 

“I’ll go get her you get ready.” He told her as he quickly kissed her.

 

Pushing on the kitchen door he walked into the room and saw Jerald and Anne in the kitchen.  He did his best to not look at Jerald as he stopped and turned to Kevin’s Mom.  “Is Nadia still outside?” He asked.

 

“Yes she is” Anne replied with a smile.

 

“Thanks” AJ said to her as he headed across the kitchen. 

 

He walked out onto the back deck ignoring the mumbling comment Jerald had said and smiled as he watched Kevin and Nadia erupt into a snowball fight.  He stood there for a minute silently taking in the moment. 

 

“Uh-oh busted!” Kristin shouted and the two stopped throwing snow too look up.

 

“What’s up?” Kevin asked as Nadia packed another ball.

 

“I need to talk to Nadia for a second.” AJ said and as the words left his lips a snowball flew at Kevin’s head.  It hit with hard impact and it shattered into millions of snowflakes. 

 

“Not cool” Kevin said as he turned and looked at Nadia.

 

“My Dad wants to talk to me” Nadia said giggling as she started walking quickly to AJ.

 

“Don’t matter; he’ll look away sooner or later…” Kevin shouted as she walked away.  As Nadia walked up the steps she turned back to Kevin and made a sarcastic ‘I’m frightened’ oooh.

“What’s up?” She asked smiling as AJ laughed.

 

“You’re so much like me it’s awesome.” He smiled proudly.

 

“It is amusing how it scares people that I am.” Nadia answered. “So what’s up?”

 

                “I’m going to take your Mom to the cemetery, did you want to come or are you ok with staying here?” AJ asked.  “Jerald’s in the kitchen.”

 

“Yeah I know” Nadia nodded.  “But I’ll stay here, play with Mason some more.”

 

“Alright” He replied with a light smile.  “We won’t be long.”

 

AJ walked back into the kitchen and looked at Anne as she turned to him.  “I’m taking Chels to go see her Mom, Nadia’s gonna stay here, play outside some more.”

 

“Ok Darling” Anne smiled as she gave AJ a quick hug.

 

When he walked into the living room he saw Chelsea waiting by the door with her jacket on, he grabbed his from the closet, slipped in his sneakers and checked for his keys in the pockets.  “Ready?” He asked as he reached for the door.

 

“Yep” She nodded as he let her walk out first. 

 

He made sure she made it down the stairs, he hadn’t realized how dangerous stairs could be for a pregnant woman but when you think about, how many times do you miss steps, and then add balance problems, and loofiness into the mix.  He walked over to the passenger door and opened it for her.

 

“Aww thanks hun” She smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

 

“You’re welcome” He replied smiling back at her. 

 

AJ got into the car and pulled out of the drive way.  It was a quiet drive as the local radio station played a variety of Christmas music.  It lightly snowed but nothing that would cause vision problems while driving.  As they were stopped at a red light AJ looked over at Chelsea, she was staring out the passenger window.

 

“Any reason why you wanted to go there now?” He asked as she looked at him.

 

She shrugged.  “Just kind of missing her right now, want to talk.”

 

AJ frowned.  “I’m sorry”

 

“It’s ok” She replied as AJ went through the intersection.  “I’m fine really.”

 

When they pulled into the cemetery he saw a few cars driving around, it was probably the busiest he had ever seen it, not that he had been here many times.  He drove the car to the back and into the circle at the bottom of the hill. 

 

“Do you want some alone time?” He asked.

 

“If you don’t mind.” She said as she looked at him.

 

“No, I can sit here and listen to some more Christmas Music.” He smiled.

 

“Thanks hun” She said with a smile as she opened the passenger door.

 

He leaned in and kissed her.  “Anything for you sweetheart.”

 

Chelsea smiled and then got out of the car.  He watched as she closed the door and walked over to the steps going up the hill.  Normally they would just walk the hill without the steps but things were different now.  He skimmed through the radio channels hoping something wasn’t playing Christmas music.  There wasn’t much choice but he decided on the oldies station.  He looked out the window at the snow as it fell onto his car.  His fingers tapped away on the stirring wheel as he listened to the old tunes.  When he looked at the clock on the dashboard he saw about fifteen minutes had gone by.  He looked out his front window to the top of the hill, he didn’t see her.  Grabbing his keys he shut the car off and got out of the vehicle. He decided to take the stairs too since the hill was covered in snow.   When he reached the top he saw her sitting on the bench across from her mother’s grave.  Putting his hands into the pockets of his jacket he walked over to her.

 

“Hi” He said as he sat down next to her.

 

“Hi” She replied as she looked up wiping her eyes.

 

“You okay?” He asked as his fingers slid over her hand.

 

“Yeah” She sighed.  “Just missing Mom, I keep wondering what she would say right now.”

 

“She’d tell you how much she loves you...” AJ said as she laid her head on his shoulder.  “…and how she’d babysit for us anytime we needed one.” And that comment made Chelsea smile.   “She would also say what an amazing, wonderful, intelligent, strong woman you’ve turned into and that she’s proud of you.”

 

With a sigh Chelsea sat up.  “I guess we should get going.”

 

She stood up still holding onto AJ’s hand, she stopped when she noticed he didn’t move.  “We can stay longer.” He said as he motioned for her to sit back down.  Chelsea smiled at him and sat down on the bench.  She laid her head back onto his shoulders as he wrapped his arm behind her and held her, the snow falling down around them.