- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok here I go again...with another ideas taking over my mind. I'm not used to this kind of story, but I thought what the heck lemme give it a try. So let me know what you think...don't be shy!

“This is a bunch of bullshit! They can’t keep us here…not like animals.” His fangs were bare and his eyes had gone fire-red. It had only been a year since his transformation and it was still hard to keep himself under control. He usually turned on the full moon, but occasionally his rage would be so big that it would just happen. Of course, the fangs and the eyes always appeared.

“Would you calm down, AJ. Aren’t we considered animals, anyway.”

“The hell we are. Why aren’t we just biting the fuck out of all these people and getting the fuck out of here?”

A girlie voice piped from behind. “They have a special force over this area…it protects them from any mythical creature.” When AJ turned to put a face to the voice he was startled by the beautiful young woman looking back at him with ghoul green eyes.

“Now I’m a creature?” AJ growled.

A younger girl with the same eye color giggled and hid behind the young woman. “You seem to amuse my little sister. Are you always this angry?”

“I’m a damn werewolf! What do you think?”

“I’m sorry about my friend. He’s a bit bitter about our situation…he‘s AJ. I’m Nick. Nick Carter.” He stuck out his hand and groaned when he noticed his claws had come out. “Sorry…it’s a defense against anything not were.”

“It’s ok. I know who you guys are…Backstreet Boys. Who would have thought. My name is Fae and this is my little sister Lilith. They caught us at the mall.”

“Where is your family?” Nick commented.

Lilith peeked her head from behind her sister and spoke up, “Mom and dad are dead.”

“What’s the kid talking about?” AJ piped.

Fae shrugged and frowned, “Our parents died a while back. It‘s just us…we are pixies.”

“You look like a vampire. You have fangs.” AJ muttered with his arms crossed.

She smirked, “You have fangs too. A werewolf usually looks pretty human if he’s not fully transformed.”

“He’s a newbie. It’s a bit harder for him. Although, ever since they caught us our eyes seem to change without warning.” Nick informed.

Fae looked up at the sky and saw nothing. “They have to be covering us with some type of energy…I can’t do a thing with my powers. My eyes are brown and they’ve been green ever since they got us too.”

“I don’t understand.” A woman from behind them cried. “What have we done.” Her clothes were tattered and her hair matted like she hadn’t showered in a long while. “I need to get out of here.”

Men in suits patrolled the area, with long rods in their hands and pistols with who knew what kind of bullets hung from their backs. “Back off woman!” One of them yelled, he pointed the rod at her and the tip flickered with electricity.

She held out her hand and her eyes rolled back. Slowly her body started to lift off the ground. She was chanting something. “Everything you say to me, everything you do, bounces off of me three times, and sticks itself on you.”

Zap.

Her body crumpled to the ground and she cried out in pain.

“Shut up! You crazy witch.” the angry man yelled at her and requested that the rest of the men pick her up and take her away. The crowd watched in horror as the woman screamed out different things as they carried her away. “Don’t let them take us prisoners. When darkness falls…we will only kill each other.” Her legs and arms were flailing to get free.

“Where are you guys taking her?” AJ asked a tall man in a black suit. Instead of answering he shoved AJ and demanded he face forward. AJ’s eyes widened and if anyone looked close, it was like there was a fire burning in the middle of his pupils. His fangs were bare and he was growling at the suited man.

“You have no power here…beast.” He took out a whip and lashed one at AJ, but he didn’t budge. Instead he took hold of the end of the whip and twisted it around his wrist and yanked the man forward.

“Don’t do that, AJ! Let him go…are you trying to get yourself killed?” Fae reached out to grab hold of AJ, but the heat he emitted made her recoil.

“Alexander Mclean, I’m not dying because of you tonight. Let the douche bag go.” Nick planted a hand on AJ’s shoulder and squeezed.

It was too late, by the time he let go of the freaked out suited man; there was a whole group of them. They began to prod him with long rods of electricity. AJ tried to stand strong, but it was debilitating him little by little. He growled loudly and his body was shaking intensely his eyes had shifted color again and his nails and fangs were out. No matter how much his body fought to turn. He didn’t.

“Stooooooooop!” A small voice screeched and Lilith stood in front of AJ. He fell to the ground panting and all the suited men flew a few feet away from them. Nick and Fae stared in awe at Lilith, they were sure no one could use their powers.

“Did she just do that?” Nick questioned in a whisper.

“I think so. We aren‘t supposed to have powers. Well…I don‘t.” Fae pulled her little sister back to her side and stood in a protective stance. Waiting for the men to return and try to take her away. She would fight anyone or anything before they took her from her side. But the men continued on as if nothing had happened.

Lilith bent down to check on AJ. “Are you alright?”

AJ turned to look at her and just nodded his head. Pain was shooting through his body and there was no usual feeling of it healing. He looked up at Nick, “We can’t heal, either.” He held his side and groaned.

“We have to get out of here. They’re going to kill us all.” Fae whimpered.

Nick and AJ both looked at each other, just as someone called them up to the registration table.