- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you like! Let me know what you think, don't be shy! :)

Are you causing controversy already, Mclean. My daughter loved your group, until she found out you were a...you know.” The blonde man sat at the table jotting down their names and writing on various papers.

“What’s going to happen to us?” Nick questioned.

The older man grinned from ear to ear, “You will be processed, housed for a couple of days…maybe weeks. We will enable your powers and then, we might get to set you all free. So you can be…as normal as you guys can be.”

AJ slammed his hand onto the steel table making the man jump. “We are fucking normal.” He crossed his arms again.

“Right!” The man stared at the indented hand print that now adorned his desk. “Good luck…”

The twosome looked back at Fae and Lilith. They looked just as unhappy as they felt. AJ’s eyes scanned the place and he couldn’t believe how many people were gathered in this one location. They all seemed distraught and tired. The line seemed to go on forever and the evil suited men walked around, kicking, and poking anyone that protested.

Nick let out a heavy sigh as they were shoved to follow the man in the suit in front of them.

“I think this is a school. It just looks all beat up and shit.” AJ thought hard enough for Nick to read his mind.

“That’s what it looks like.” Nick was thankful their telepathy hadn’t been affected. He could read AJ’s thoughts loud and clear. He grinned when one of AJ’s thoughts were intercepted with a thought of Fae and how hot she was.

Nick snorted.

AJ glared. “Fuck you.” He muttered out loud and then went back to inner thoughts. “There has to be a way to get the hell out of here.”

They were escorted into a building that seemed to be abandoned. Most of the doors were closed and you could hear screaming, banging, hissing, growling, howling and many other freaky noises coming from behind them.

“Here you are. You’re suite for the night.” The men laughed watching Nick and AJ enter what used to be a classroom. The place was a shit hole, but there were six cots, a bathroom and nothing else. The windows had been boarded up and not one peek of sunlight filtered in.

“After having my house by the beach…this is what I get. Fuck…fuck…” AJ turned to growl at Nick. “This is all your fault.”

Nick swallowed hard. AJ didn’t have to remind him every time that he got pissed that he was a werewolf because of him. It wasn’t like he liked being one his damn-self.

They walked in and looked around. AJ winced as he took a seat on one of the cots. His body was burning from inside and he was shaking.

“That electricity still bolting through you?” Nick took a seat next to him.

“Fuck yeah! I feel it.”

The door opened and they both looked up. Fae and Lilith both walked into the room. They were looking around and ran over when they saw the guys in the corner. Lilith curled up in the corner and stared straight ahead, her little body shaking.

AJ made a head gesture towards her, “What’s with the kid?”

“We just…saw those awful men torch a man that shifted. It was probably instinctual. They believe to have a hold on us and it took them by surprise.” Fae sighed.

“No. They meant to do it. They are going to slowly dispose of us.” They all turned to look towards the door at who was speaking. It was a young pasty looking guy. He was dressed all in black; like the Punisher.

"Nonsense!" The older woman from earlier entered the room. She turned to look back and spoke not until the door was slammed behind her. "They have something in store for us. This isn't work of a human. Their not that smart!"

"What the hell could they want with us?" Nick questioned.

The pasty guy flopped onto the cot and threw his arms behind his head; like what was happening was no big deal. "What else could they want? To use us for our powers and strengths! We can't even fight back..."

"It's something beyond that...one of our kind is behind this. Someone with a lot of power. Oh...I've got a headache." The woman took a seat on the cot at the very end. "I’m still trying to understand what happened. I was collecting my cans in the local church, when something came over me and I started chanting away. I had the slightest idea of what I was saying. But I could feel this intense energy inside of me and instead of making me more powerful it knocked me right on my bum. Now here I am.” She smiled warmly. “I'm Rosina Vesti…I’m a witch.”

“I thought witches were evil?” The pasty guy commented.

She cackled throwing her head back. “Well I see why you would get that idea. Damn movies. Although I must admit there are some of us witches that are evil. We are all evil when we have to be.” She tilted her head to the side and stared at Lilith. “Is the little girl ok?”

Everyone turned to look at Lilith who was now rocking herself back and forth. “Uh…she will be fine. I hope.” Fae sighed.

“You mustn’t lose hope my child. What is your name?”

“Fae and she’s Lilith. We are pixies.” She turned to look at Nick and AJ. “This is Nick and AJ.”

“Wolves right?” Rosina grinned.

“How the hell do you know?” AJ sat up and glared at the woman.

“Ah…you’re aggravated attitude. I never understood why wolves were so angry all the time. Then again, it’s a horrible process to transform and you end up butt naked in the middle of nowhere. I’d be angry too.” The woman was amused and so was the pasty guy.

“Plus, no offense but you smell like...dog." Pasty guy had a croaky voice, but still seemed polite. "Well I guess if we are introducing ourselves like normal people. My name is Lucas Silver. I’m a vampire, not by choice. Uh…I was practicing with my band. When my best friend threw a bunch of garlic at me.” Fae snickered. “Yeah. I thought it was a joke at first. Until he burned me with holy water.” He shrugged off his jacket and everyone gasped to see his whole left arm scared. “I was in so much pain. I didn’t see them coming…they tied me up and then called someone. Now I’m here. My own best friend turned me in.” Lucas seemed distraught. "My arm isn't healing...it sucks!”

The room went silent for a bit and then Nick spoke up. “I guess...I can tell you about ours." Nick got up off the floor and took a seat on the cot, leaning his back against the wall. "I think our capture will top them all.”