- Text Size +

10 Hours Earlier

There was a crash against the door, Howie and Brian both jumped and looked at each other with worried eyes. Nick and AJ had been closed up in the room for quite the while now and it sounded like the place was being torn apart. There was another bang against the door and the twosome even took a couple steps back this time.

“I don’t think all that growling is normal.” Howie finally spoke up.

Brian smirked. “Well, they aren‘t really normal…not anymore. I just hope they don’t kill each other.”

“Why do I feel crazy talking about this. When both of our bandmates…brothers are in the room shifted into big burly wolves kicking each others ass?” Howie commented biting on the edge of his lip. This was all still fresh to him. He’d only found out three months ago that Nick and AJ were not as human anymore. Plus, it hadn’t been the smoothest way to find out, either.

Brian lifted up a finger and signaled Howie to listen. “Do you hear that?”

Howie looked around and stuck out his ear. “I don’t hear anything, Brian.”

“Exactly! I think the big fight is over.”

Howie didn’t get a chance to answer. Out sauntered Nick and AJ shirtless looking like nothing had happened.

“What’s up?” Nick smiled.

AJ on the other hand huffed and went straight to getting dressed.

“Uh…is everything alright between you two?” Brian questioned changing his shirt.

Nick turned to look at AJ who had placed some headphones on and was busy changing his clothes. “Yeah. He’s just…pissed at me.” Nick felt the guilt come over him all over again. It was a feeling he knew would be with him for the rest of his life.

“No offense, but you can’t really blame the guy. I would be too.” Howie admitted with a light shrug. “We know it wasn’t exactly your fault. How were you to know.” He tried making Nick feel better.

Brian gave Nick a pat on the shoulder. “Sheesh. You are burning up. How about we just get this last number over with and enjoy our vacation time.”

“That’s easy for you to say. You still have your family with you. You are still a normal man.” AJ growled.

Brian frowned, “I’m sorry, AJ. I know this is--”

AJ was right in Brian’s face within seconds. His chest was heaving. His eyes were fire-red and his fangs were showing. There was a rumbling coming from his throat as he stared into Brian’s terrified eyes.

“You don’t know a damn thing about being this way. So, I suggest you don’t make any comments.”

“AJ, I didn’t mean anything by it. I know you are upset about Rochelle.”

AJ still couldn’t control whatever set off the anger inside of him. He tried hard, but it always overpowered him. “Don’t talk about her!” He placed his palm on Brian’s chest and shoved. Brian flew and crashed against the lockers.

“You’re an animal. You should be locked up…in…in a cage.” Brian yelled getting up with Howie’s help.

AJ huffed once again and walked away to wait for their last number.

Nick helped Brian take a seat. “Are you alright?”

“How is it that you don’t get that way? We didn’t really know that you were one, until that time you shifted out of the blue. Or you at least don’t get that way for everything and with everyone.”

“I’m sorry, Brian. You gotta give him time. This is all new to him and he’s really trying to keep it under control.”

The manager walked in and noticed the tension in the air. She decided to ignore it and inform them that their time was up.

~~~~~

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh."

“Everyboooooody….”

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh."

"Rock your body RIGHT!"

Nick felt his head get fuzzy. The tip of his fangs sunk into his tongue and his body felt warmer. He looked around a bit disoriented as all the confetti fell from the sky and he watched his band mates and The New Kids On The Block jumping around.

He couldn’t move. It was like he was glued to that one spot. His eyes fixed on AJ who was a couple of feet away from him and he was staring into space. Nick took hold of the microphone in his hands and whimpered at the sight of his claws. He dropped the mic and dug his hands into his back pocket.

Pain seared through his stomach and he instantly bent over. “Oh shit!” His breathing elevated; along with his heartbeat. He knew that familiar pain and it was not a good sign. He didn’t even know or understand why it was happening...at that very moment. Slowly he started to remove his clothes…starting with his shirt.

“AJ!!” Howie shouted to get his attention. “AJ!!”

The music was too loud and AJ was in a trance. He could feel his body heat rising and his fangs poking at his bottom lip. His claws were digging into the palms of his hands as he clutched the microphone too tight. That familiar pain had started deep down in his chest. The one that made his heart race and stop at the same time. That pain that came from having his insides ripped apart to mold his new form.

He turned to look at Nick, who was down to his boxers. The crowd was going wild, little did they know what was happening. “This never gets easy!” AJ muttered falling to his knees in pain. He ripped off his shirt and then did the unexpected. He threw his head back, puckered his lips and let out a loud howl. Nick watch in horror at his friend, unable to stop him or himself from turning…Within minutes, their faces painfully stretched and molded into snouts. Their backs cracking as they broke into a new form.

All the other guys had stopped their moment of cheering and jumping and watched in awe as their friends turned into werewolves.

“What do we do?” Brian asked.

“Run!” Donnie yelled and all the New Kids ran off the stage.

Howie and Brian felt bad to leave Nick and AJ in such conditions, but they also knew that it wasn’t safe to be around them. Something they noticed most of the fans had realized. Everyone was scattering all over the place, girls screaming at the top of their lungs, crashing into each other. They looked like a bunch of bats out of a cave. They were pretty sure the screams and commotion weren’t out of excitement anymore, but of terror.

Then there were the crazy ones that had decided not to budge and watch how half their favorite boy band turned into creatures.

Hiss.

Something flew and hit AJ where his neck would have been. His wolf form whimpered as he fell sideways; everything turning to a haze. “This sucks major ass…” He thought hard enough, hoping Nick could hear him.

Another dart sailed through the air and hit Nick right on the thigh. He huffed and growled; straining himself to make it to AJ. “I’m sorry, dude.” He thought and fell to the ground, his hind legs still fighting to get up.

Then everything went black.