- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey ladies! I hope you continue to enjoy AJ and Nick as werewolves. Ugh...my computer crashed last night so it only lets me write...I have to post from my ipod and my ipod is a douchebag and doesn't let me reply to your reviews. So I just wanted to give you a heads up that I enjoy and love your reviews and if I don't reply it's not because I'm ignoring them, I just can't...until I figure it out on my ipod. Gracias once again! :)

“That’s how we got here!” Nick sighed and sunk into his cot.

Lucas shook his head, “Now, that really sucks. I wonder what they used to make you guys turn." He turned to look at Fae and Lilith. "What about you two?”

“We kind of panicked when we saw them rounding up random people and we ran. Two guys in suits grabbed us by surprise and I used my dust on him. Of course they panicked and electrocuted me.” Fae shrugged and turned to look at her sister who was sound asleep.

Lucas got up off his cot and walked over to the door that had been bolted down. The windows were covered up with black film making it impossible to see anything. There was a small opening in the corner and he forced himself to see.

“They gonna pace the place all night? I feel like I’m in jail.” He sighed and strained himself a little more. “I can see the end of the hall.”

Lilith sat up as her eyes glowed green. “They’re gonna kill many people tonight.” Everyone spun around to see her. She was staring straight ahead like she was in a trance. “We have to save them. They separated all of us and now they will rid themselves of the ones they don’t need.”

Suddenly a loud humming noise was heard and Lucas announced that he could see the guards running away. The door clicked loudly. He placed a hand on the doorknob and turned to look at the others for their approval.

Nick, Fae and Rosina all joined him at the door. They were all talking over each other, trying to figure out if they should open or not. He twisted the knob and it turned easily. He smiled feeling successful and peaked his head out a bit. There wasn’t a soul in the hallway and he could see the exit not to far from them.

“We should make a run for it.” He suggested opening the door a bit wider.

Fae nodded, “I think it’s a trap. Why would they lock us up and then let us out.”

There was static and then a female spoke, her voice was honeyed and soft spoken. “Hello there. I know you are all afraid and confused. But I do promise that this will all be sorted out very soon. I have called you all here for a purpose.”

Nick’s head perked up and he stuck out his ear to listen carefully. The voice was so familiar; yet he had no idea where he had heard it. He didn’t say a word, he just continued to listen.

“If you are cozily in a room…” she cackled softly. “Then you’ve passed the test and have been chosen to be saved. We have been so kind to unlock your doors and let you mingle with your fellow class mates.” There was another cackle.

“Bitch!” AJ muttered getting up off the cot. He moved as fast as he could towards the door and pushed everyone out of the way. He took hold of the door and opened it all the way. There were more people standing in the hall, confusion all over their faces.

“You are still unable to use your wonderful powers so I suggest that you don’t torture yourselves trying to use them on anyone around you or to try and escape. If you are smart you will not unlock any of the entrances or step foot outside. As I said before you have been chosen to remain alive for a reason and it would be seriously stupid to open the doors and let those horrible, infested creatures left outside get you. If you all play by my rules you can survive this…good night.” There was more static and then silence.

AJ was out the door staring at the entrance. He knew that with a quick stride he'd be at the door and he He was so tempted to unlock the damn door and run.

“Don’t even think about it. You heard what she said.” Fae’s sweet and intoxicating voice brushed against his ear.

He turned to look at her and was hit with an ache in his chest. Her pale complexion reminded him of his wife-to-be and for a split second he saw Rochelle smiling back at him. He lifted his hand to touch her cheek…

“My family! I need to save my family!” A man sprinted from the middle of the hall towards the exit. They all turned to look at him.

“Wait! Don’t open those doors…don’t let him open the doors.” AJ hollered to anyone that would listen. It was as if he was speaking another language because everyone just watched the guy running towards the entrance. He suddenly crashed into something that knocked him on his ass with an, oomph!

But he stood back up with ease and a lot of anger. He hissed angrily at Lucas, who was standing across from him hissing right back. There was no doubt that the man was also a vampire and was on a mission to see his family.

"You can't go out there. We don't know what the hell is out there." Lucas told the man.

The man shook his head vigorously, "I can't stay here when my family was left out there. I turned my family a couple of years back...I...I thought it would be best. Now they are going to kill them out there and I want to be with them. Please."

Lucas looked up at his new roomies for an 'ok'. Usually he would have made up his own mind, but he wanted to survive whatever else was coming and having allies would come in handy. Especially, the group he'd been given.

AJ and Nick looked at each other and made way towards the exit. They all clustered around the door watching as Nick calmly unlatched the lock and pushed the door open. A warm breeze brushed against his face as he carefully inched his way outside. His eyes went wide as he watched the chaos unravelling in front of him.

"I wasn't lying to you. It was obvious that we would all attack each other after dark. Not all weres are able to contain themselves and anyone else that has magic powers will be forced to use them." Rosina quietly joined him. Soon one by one everyone stood on the stairs watching as fairy dust, blood, flesh and green magic filled the night.

"EMILY?!?" The same man from early shouted. AJ had a grip on his arm and was growling; an indication to stay calm. The man was wiggling and hissing back at him. "Please. That's my daughter and they are going to kill her...just look." AJ stared into the darkness and saw the young woman with pale skin fighting off what seemed to look like a demon. "I beg of you...if I can't save her. I want to die along her side. I will not stay here and become an experiment."

"I'm healing!" Lucas smiled watching as the scars on his arms gradually disappeared.

"You are right!" AJ smiled feeling it easier to move and breath. He was so excited his grip on the man loosened and with a shove broke loose.

"Emily!" The man shouted, this time catching the attention of a overly grown werewolf. The angry wolf barrelled into the man and with one quick move snapped him in half. Fae let out a small shriek and the wolf's eyes quickly fixed on the group at the door.

"Oh fuck! Get back inside!" Lucas shouted. He opened the door wide and everyone hustled back inside.

"Come on! What are you waiting for?" Fae grabbed him by the arm, her hand tingled with the contact of his hot skin.

AJ was fixed watching the wolf, his body shaking. "Go back inside...he saw us already. Someone has to distract him."

“AJ don’t be dumb!” Nick muttered getting shoved inside.

“Aaaaaah…” AJ grunted feeling his spine crack out of place. “Goooo…” He didn’t give Fae a chance to protest as soon as she was inside he slammed the door and leaned against it. Yelling out in pain as his body snapped into it’s wolf form. “Come and get it ugly fucker…” was his last thought as he felt something drag him into the dark.