- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you guys! :)

Nick was sitting against the door. There was no one else in the hallway, they’d probably been scared of what would happen in the morning. He groaned feeling his butt cramp and a kink in his neck. He’d sat there all night waiting for AJ to knock on the door asking to be let in. That never happened. Light peered through the window; confirming that the sun had risen.

Sluggishly he stood up and looked out the window. His jaw dropped slowly and tears filled his eyes. “Noooo!!” He pushed the bar to open the door, but it was already locked. “Don’t kill them! AJ! AJ!” His voice broke as he slammed his fist into the glass.

After yelling with no avail. He gave up and rested his hands on the bar…his forehead thumped against the glass and he began to sob like a child.

“Nick…what’s going on?” Fae questioned.

She didn’t need an answer to know why he was so upset. She could see the suited men carrying torches and lighting up anything that was in their sight. She was thankful that most of them were already lifeless and they wouldn’t feel a thing. Others were caught off guard and screamed in agony.

“This is all my fault.” His lip quivered as he turned to look at Fae. “I should have listened to him that one night.”

“None of this is your fault, Nick.”

“No…but it is!” He swallowed hard.

13 Months earlier.

 “I can’t believe you are telling me this again, Lauren.” Nick paced and ran his hands over his head.

Lauren tilted her head and furrowed her brows. “I thought you loved me?”

“I do. It’s just that I‘m not ready for us to get engaged. Why do you constantly bring it up?”

“Well…Nick…we’ve been together for a while now and we‘ve been through so much. I would think that making me your wife would be something you want too.”

Nick huffed and grabbed his coat. “Of course I do. It’s just that with you always reminding me of it and constantly bringing it up, isn’t helping.”

She crossed her arms and stomped her foot like a child, “Carter, you better not leave right now. You always walk out on me when we are having a serious conversation.”

“Yeah, well this conversation is over!”

“If you…if you walk out that door, Nick Carter…” She paused, as if she was thinking through what she was about to say. “Don’t come back.”

“Fine! I wont.” He grabbed his keys and sauntered out the door. While rushing down the patio stairs and towards his car he dialed his cell phone. “Hello! Meet me at Boogies Bar…right now!” He clicked the red button on his phone and jumped into his car.

Half an hour later he was angling his car into the last parking spot in front of the bar. He could see the familiar Mercedes and he felt relieved. Lately, they’d become close and he had no idea how. Probably because he was the last one that wasn’t, actually, married. Although at times he acted like he already was.

“Yo! Is everything alright, dude?” AJ stood with a cigarette in his hand and smoke billowing out his mouth. “I got here as soon as I could. What’s going on? Are you ok?”

Nick sighed and snatched the cigarette from AJ’s fingers. “No! I just got in a fight with Lauren over the stupid engagement thing and now she dumped me.” He placed the cigarette to his lips, inhaled, then handed it over. “Fuck! It’s like we can’t go a day without talking about it.”

“Is it wrong of her to want to settle down with you? I thought you were ready for that?”

Nick glared up at AJ, “You are supposed to be on my side, man.”

“I am not on anyone’s side. I just think that you should propose if you are in love with her.”

“Whatever! I didn’t come here to stand outside in the heat and talk about love and engagements. I need a drink.” Nick made way towards the bar, while AJ took his last puff and flung the cigarette butt.

They took a seat at the bar and ordered a couple of Jack and cokes. The bartender quickly made their drinks and placed them on the counter. Nick quickly took a big gulp. AJ just took a sip and stared at his friend. This was going to be a long night.

AJ looked at his watch and groaned. He was fully sober and it was barely midnight. Unlike his good friend, Nick was totally hammered and he had his eyes on a pretty red head sitting at the end of the bar. Her eyes were blue and her smile inviting.

“Don’t even think about it! I think you’ve had your drinks and we should head home. I can tell Rob that we are leaving your car here.”

AJ was speaking, but Nick was enchanted with the red-head. “She’s hot though. Plus, when was the last time I had random sex?” He raised a brow at AJ.

“What about Lauren? You might be mad at each other right now; come tomorrow you guys are all over each other.” AJ’s eyes rolled.

"Why should I listen to you? You are the Backstreet fuck up! I can make my own choices, Mclean." Nick stood up ignoring AJ's scowl.

"Fuck you, Carter!" AJ retorted.

Nick knew that had been a low blow. He stumbled onto his friend, “I’m going for it, whether you like it or not.” He fixed himself and gave AJ a goofy drunken smile. “She can give me a ride.”

“You don’t even know if she wants you! Nick, seriously, we should go home. You can crash at my place. Sleeping with a random woman is not going to make things…” Nick began to walk away. “Nick! Nick get your ass back here…”

Nick slowly made his way towards the red-head and leaned up against the bar. “Hi there! I‘m Nick.” He slurred.

She giggled and looked him straight in the eyes. He was sure they’d changed color, because now they were between fire-red and orange. She slid her tongue over her lips and leaned forward.

“You want to get out of here?” She whispered into his ear.

Chills ran down his spine with the sound of her velvety voice. He didn’t say a word he just took her hand and let her lead the way. In the corner of his eye he saw AJ and his mouth was moving, arms flailing, but he was in a daze and determined to leave with the red-head.

Within minutes they were driving into a gated house. It looked like it was never ending. Nick had seen and even lived in his share of beautiful houses by the beach, but this one was amazing. Her lips were on his before he could even protest and her hands were fondling the buttons on his shirt.

He slammed against the front door, while she stuck the key in and unlocked it with ease. The door swung open and they both stumbled in, their lips never parting. The unknown woman’s body was hot against his as she slammed him into the wall and ripped off his shirt; slithering her tongue from his chest up his neck.

At that moment Nick was in lust and all he could think about was being inside the mysterious woman. She stepped away from him, leaving him breathing heavily. She unzipped the side of her red dress and let it fall to the ground.

Nick’s vision was getting a bit blurry and all he could see were her eyes glowing red and her tongue sliding over, what looked like sharp teeth. He laughed it off imagining that the alcohol was making him see things. He walked over to the naked woman and wrapped his arms around her waist and hoisted her up on a tall oak table in the hallway.

“Fuck me Nick!”

She slid her tongue around his earlobe and moaned as she felt him enter her. Nick felt her body shaking, but thought it was of pleasure. Her nails dug into the his back and he flinched with pain. He was used to woman moaning with pleasure, but this one was growling and the faster he went the more she shook and the louder she growled.

There was a snapping noise and she was now grunting into his ear. “Are you alright?” He asked slowing down.

She tilted her head back and let out a howl. He stopped and took a few steps back, pulling up his pants. The beautiful red-head he’d seen at the bar was gone and now there was a misshaped woman, with the face of a dog staring at him, teeth bare.

“Nice doggy!” He whispered. Then let out a scream as it pounced on him.