- Text Size +
Chapter 1

The stakes where high and everyone on the phone line had waited with baited breath. Somehow, we had managed to do a huge group call so that we could all watch the results together. This really was the ultimate fan event. You couldn’t buy this one chance, no, it rested on sheer luck, and of course, creativity. See, the contest of all contests, was a few different things rolled into one; it was part scavenger hunt, part acting and part producing.

The nine men that made up NKOTBSB were having the biggest fan contest! They were giving away front row seats, plus an exclusive after party to just those lucky fans, not to mention the 72 hour all day pass, which means you got to hang out with the guys. Did I mention that the winner was also booked in the same hotel as the guys? The only one down far, the show they were doing was over seas, in Paris. Not that it was bad by any means, but a trip over seas for half of us was one hell of a pretty penny. Yes, they weren’t covering airfare, but that’s beside the point.

What made this contest so unique was the nine guys were hidden through out both North America and South America. The whole scavenger part of it was chasing them, or their family members, and answering the question. You also had to record the trip there and the answer, which is were the acting came into play. Then, to wrap it up, you had to make it into one cohesive and good video and of course, submit it. Us girls, our group who consisted of Melissa, Medina, Rabia, Charyl, Desiree, Kris, and Theresa, all had planned out our course of action. And no, after a very hectic and chaotic month, we were all together via phone and watching the results.

“This is killing me!” All of the other six girls groaned.

“Shut up Resa, we can’t hear,” Melissa said, hushing Theresa, who merely smiled at her end of the phone. We watched as they (NKOTBSB) finally finished up their performance. Then those same nine men gathered together, and started joking around, making small talk, knowing all too well the suspense that every fan had. Finally, Jordan smiled and stepped out in front of the group.

“First of all, thank you to al the amazing fans out there. It was such a joy and pleasure to meet you all! And it was even more awesome to watch those videos!”

“He’s right. We had a hard time trying to pick a winner. But, you all know you had to pull the big guns out for this contest,” Brian stated, coming up next to Jordan.

“And some of you, just wowed! I think I’m going to the fans to have them direct my next video,” Joey tossed out with a laugh.

“So, though it was hard, we did have to pick just one,” Donnie said, teasing us all the more. “And they would be…Melissa, Medina, Charyl, Desiree, Rabia, Kris and Theresa! Pack your bags ladies; you are hitting Paris with NKOTBSB!” All seven of us could not stop screaming!

-----
Two days later, us seven girls were having another seven way chat, all pretty much still over the moon with happiness and giddiness over the upcoming mini vacation. We had a month to get everything we needed, including a passport.

“Do we have the airfare all covered?”

“Sure do Medina. I pretty much booked all flights to be landing in New York around the same time, so therefore we can fly out from there,” Rabia said, the smile all too evident in her voice.

“Can anyone else believe this? I mean really. PARIS! With some rather hot guys!” Theresa rolled her eyes at Charyl, though she couldn’t stop the little giggling from escaping. In all truth, she was right there with her. As was all the girls. The whole trip in finding all nine guys was horrible, not to mention very costly, but it worked out. All seven girls had a part in handling the video process as well. For them, it was honestly a group effort! And though it had its rough moments, it had been fun and they had a great bonding experience. And now, it was only going to get better.

“I have to ask this, can anyone picture what 72 hours could bring? That’s not including the day of the concert, or the after party, so that’s an extra bonus in added time.”

“I sure can’t Melissa! I mean, that’s sure a lot of time to be spending with fans. They really have to be crazy,” Desiree commented. All girls just muttered their “mmhmms” in agreement.

“This tops any interview that anyone has done with the guys. Or any phone call any one of us has had,” Theresa said, making Rabia laugh. “I mean, we dreamed about it, sure. We talked and laughed and enjoyed it, but we never honestly thought we would win. And now that we have, the biggest question, ladies, isn’t can we picture what that time will be like.” Everyone paused as Theresa stopped speaking. “The biggest question to pose is we have 72 hours of non stop fun with the guys. Just what in the world are we going to do, EXACTLY, in those 72 hours?”