- Text Size +
Chapter 2

She walked into the store, shaking her head, her heart pounding. She lifted a skirt, making a face and putting it back.

“Theresa?”

“Yeah Charyl?”

“Thank you.” The other woman paused in her shopping to turn and face her friend.

“For what?”

“Because you stayed. Because you’re helping me shop!”

“Oh please. Kris and I both needed a little time to breathe after all of that.” Theresa walked over and gave Charyl a hug just as Kris walked in with drinks.

“Okay, what am I missing now?”

“Nothing. I’m just thanking Resa that you two stayed. I couldn’t do shopping alone.”

“None of us could, Charyl! Honestly, it’s all just mind boggling. Like Desiree is staying with Melissa for a few days, they are helping each other. Rabia went to PA to visit Medina. Right now, after the high, we need the common sense of other girls to help us. Otherwise, we all would be spending tons of cash that we don’t have, on outfits that didn’t work.” Both Charyl and Theresa just stared at Kris before cracking up, for they both knew and understood the truth behind that comment.

“Look, let’s just enjoy this girl time. We got three weeks before we’re on a plane and headed to Paris,” Theresa said, which then made all three girls squeal in utter enjoyment.

----
Melissa shook her head as she read the tweet from Charyl, turning to Desiree.

“Did you just see what Charyl tweeted?” Desiree shook her head. “She said that we had 3 weeks till all hell broke lose in Paris! I can’t believe its only 3 weeks away!”

“I know! And to sit here and think about the fact of that tough journey, of doing all we did to get that dang video.”

“Oh don’t remind me. My feet and back are killing me. Not to mention my credit card, or my husband.” Both girls giggled over that.

“At least he’s a little more understanding about this one.”

“He has to be. This was a shot I was not turning down.” Melissa sat down on the couch, kicking her feet up and sent out her own tweet, laughing at that.

“What did you say?”

“I said…’to all my UC girls, you know we’re going to rock it in Paris, bring the party shoes and sleep now!” Desiree just giggled, nodding at that.

“Party like a rock star…in Paris!”

-----
“Thanks for this little break Medina.”

“Oh girl, please. Everyone needed to stop and breathe” Medina laid down on the couch, watching Rabia. “Besides, it’s bad enough that when you leave, I’m alone. And will be alone for another 2 weeks!”

“You aren’t alone. You have us. Just in various other parts of the US. Or Canada.”

“I know. But you all are still so far away.” Rabia shook her head, grinning at Medina.

“Did you ever dream this would happen?”

“Are you kidding Rabia? Never in a million years. I mean, what are the chances? The odds? How many groups of fans submitted that and yet, they picked our video?” Medina closed her eyes, shaking her head, the smile huge upon her face.

“It’s a dream come true, that’s for sure!”

“It is. I’ve never been to Paris. Who knows, we have 72 hours with the kids, perhaps we might get to have a private tour or something? Now, that’s awesome!”

“Staying in the same hotel, going to a private party, being front row, that’s not amazing?” Medina lifted her head up and looked at Rabia.

“Are we staying in the same hotel room? Are we going to a private party where we get to have lap dances? Then there are still more awesome things out there.” With that comment, but girls busted out laughing.

-----
All nine boys sat down in their marked chairs and smiled at the hostess, who smiled back and then turned to the camera.

“Good morning Germany. Yes, to the all the young ladies out there, I am sitting here with nine very sexy men. Welcome to the show NKOTBSB!” She watched as the crowd went crazy, the nine men all smiling and waving, waiting for the noise to die down a little bit. “Okay guys. Hush it down. Let’s start off with the tour. You wrapped up the States the end of last summer, where there were rumors that there was not supposed to be any over seas shows. What changed?”

“The response was outstanding. We were constantly getting messages, either through twitter or though our websites about wanting the show overseas. And after much talking with each other, we weren’t ready to end the show, so we said we’d cross the ocean,” AJ stated, smiling a bit and shifting as the crowd started clapping again.

“Are you exited to be back over here?”

“Totally. There’s a respect here with the fans, for both groups, that we might not get elsewhere. Well, to be honest, I think there’s just respect with our fans period. But it’s like we’re coming back home for a lot of us,” Donnie commented.

“Exactly. For us, as the Backstreet Boys, we got started over here. It’s always awesome to come back and still experience the screaming fans. Though, it still freaks us out,” Nick threw in, joking around.

“Since you brought them up, I was going to wait for this question,” Michelle watched all the guys break out into a grin, glad she knew her guests to well, “but, you again, you made a mention. This contest.”

“We did a contest?”

“Yes Brian, THE CONTEST. What in the world made you guys even think of that?”

“A lot of things actually, Michelle. To help support my album, and to have some awesome interactions with the fans, I’ve done a lot of various contests. So, it started as a joke, really, but I threw it out there that maybe we should do one. Sorta different of course, but something unique.”

“Howie is right. Unique is what we wanted. We weren’t planning on making it very difficult for the fans, and for that, we apologize. But then the prizes kept growing, and we kept suggesting stuff. So by the time we had everything planned, the only thing we could do was make it hard,” Joey added.

“And yes, though there is only one winner, all the fans that submitted did get something. Simply because we knew how much time they had taken out of their lives to do it. And I tell you, me and the rest of the guys, were blown away, by how creative the fans were. We actually watched all the submitted videos, which was around 60 I think? But..wow…we joked about some of them being directors or editors on our video shoots, but that wasn’t a joke. Some have some real talent.”

“I’m sure they thank you for that too Jordan. What did you guys send out?”

“Oh different stuff. A lot of it was autograph stuff though. One was a cd, the other a shirt, things like that. Stuff we knew the fans would want, would treasure, and yet stuff that was a little worth while, since what they did was worth our while,” Donnie answered, shaking his head as the fans in the crowd all clapped loudly.