- Text Size +
Chapter 3

Rabia glanced around the plane, not really looking for the seat number, but rather the person she was sitting next to you. She stopped as she finally saw the person and both women jumped up, squealing as they both hugged each other tightly.

“Can you believe the weeks flew by? Oh my gosh, Resa, it is so great to see you hon!”

“As it is you Rabz! Sit, sit, we’ll talk. We have a lot to catch up on.

“Good thing we’re going to Orlando, so we have some time.”

“Eh, a 3 hour, 33 minute trip actually.” Both girls giggled, smiling as some people turned to look at them.

“And Charyl knows that we’re sitting together?”

“No! I’m surprising her Rabia. Right now, Charyl thinks we’re in different spots! It was a lot of work to get everyone together. Geez. And the flight there…” Theresa cracked up as she slapped the arm of the chair. “We take up two rows, and it’s a long flight there. The poor people on the plane will not know what hit them!”



For the next three hours, the girls talked about everything, pretty much ignoring anything that had to do with the Backstreet Boys or the New Kids on the Block. Work, and the problems they seemed to keep having was a huge topic. And of course, the joy of seeing all the girls again; thought that might have been bigger. And as they touched down and taxied to the gate, they both squealed again. Resa quickly picked up her phone as Charyl called.

“What’s up sweetie?”

“I see the plane. I’m the second group to board. And you are sure that we aren’t sitting together?”

“Charyl, I told you that we weren’t. Why would you think I would lie?”

“Not lie Resa, but certainly tease.” Resa smiled as she could picture Charyl rolling her eyes as she said that.

“See you on the plane!” Resa hung up and turned her head to look out the window, while Rabia picked up her book. They waited a few minutes before they heard someone speak up.

“Excuse me ladies, I hope you don’t mind my bag.” They both turned to Charly, who smiled wide and squealed as well. “Resa, you suck!”

“Shh, that’s on the down low!” She stood up and they all shared a hug before they sat down, once more quickly talking.

-----
Melissa grabbed her coffee and then turned around, searching through the crowd to see the other woman. And once her eyes landed on Desiree, she couldn't help the smile and then ran over to give her a huge hug.

“Oh my gosh, can you believe we still have two more flights before we even get to Paris?”

“I know Mel. And all of us…in New York…too bad we don’t have time to party it up.” Melissa rolled her eyes at her friend.

“Are you kidding me Des? You would rather party it up in New York then party it up with nine hot guys?”

“No, I rather party it up with the guys, you know that. But come on, this is New York. You know the city that never sleeps.” Melissa chuckled at that, and yes, nodded her head in agreement, for she could admit that she would love to party in New York as well. She linked her arm through Des’s and started walking towards their gate. “Can you believe it’s finally here? That the time flew by so quickly and…in just a few more hours, we are going to be in Paris?”

“Well, not a few more hours, but yes, I agree. I can’t believe how the time flew. I was on the phone the other day with Medina and we were just talking about what we had to do and now it’s here.” Both girls glanced at each other and squealed.

-----
Medina watched as every member got off the plane, her arms crossed and yet her excitement through the roof. And after a few more moments of her impatience getting the best of her, she finally spotted her friend. Kris ran over and gave Medina a huge hug.

“God, I never thought I was getting off that plane!”

“Hell, I never thought you were getting off either!”

“There was this one chick who seemed to constantly drop everything…but it doesn’t matter. I’m with you and we…”

“…are going to Paris!” Both girls did a little happy dance, neither one caring about the looks they were getting. They finally sat down at their gate and turned to face each other.

“I think Resa managed to roughly book us in around the same too.”

“Yeah. And I think we had a few hours to kill in New York before we are due to leave. Something about lunch at some place or other.”

“Knowing Resa,” Kris said, leaning back in her seat, “it’s some place nice enough and yet awesome enough for us to squeal.”

-----
“What do we toast to?” Each girl looked at each other and then finally at Resa, who asked the question to begin with. “How about to one hell of an amazing adventure?”

“Or to some totally kick ass friends,” Melissa suggested.

“I rather like toasting to nine hot men who made this happen,” Medina offered.

“I say all of these,” Rabia said, holding up her glass, followed by the rest of the girls. They all laughed at the sound of clinking glass.

“Where did you find this place, Resa?”

“Online. I figured, as friends, when have we really sat down and just chilled together Des? Like never. So, to kick this off right, we need to eat and party.”

“Some of us anyway.”

“Some of us can hold our liquor Rabia,” Melissa joked. All the girls laughed, enjoying this time together. Away from their stress and the problems of their normal lives.



Two hours later, the group of girls left, heading back to the airport and to their final flight that would take them to the most and best vacation yet.