- Text Size +

We checked in and went to our room. It was quite big and as I supposed there was only one double bed. I entered the room and looked around, not long after I let my body fall on the bed and closed my eyes. Then I realized that Nick was beside me, I opened my eyes to stare at him. He was so cute, and those deep blue eyes were staring back at me. He seemed thoughtful and I would give anything to know what he was thinking, but instead I smiled and nearly closed my eyes again to wonder.

            After a few moments in silence, he laid his head on the pillow beside mine and we remained like this for a while. But I stood up and walked to the window to see the view. Gosh, the night was wonderful and moonlight was filling the room with its shine. I looked back at him and he was in the same position in bed. So I walked to the tv and turned it on flicking the channels so that I could find something interesting to watch.          That’s when I saw his face. The hollow on tv that night and I could not miss this chance, so I sat on the couch and started watching. Fortunately it had just begun. In seconds I heard his footsteps coming to my direction. When I looked behind he was staring at the tv too. I sat straight on the couch letting a free space to him beside me. He fell on the couch and I glanced at him. He had a smirk on his face. He surely was very proud of himself with this movie.

            Slowly I leaned close to him and when I realized I was in his arms, my head over his chest and his heartbeat was the soundtrack of that moment. I will never forget that night. Being so close to him, his perfume filling me senses and the way he reacted to his own image on the screen.

            As it was getting later I couldn’t hold my eyes open. I was totally tired. The movie had finished but we kept on the couch talking and looking for something else to watch. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you miss your class tomorrow…” he said with sadness in his voice. I had to answer that there was no problem, I could replace the class or get the matter with a classmate. But that feeling in his eyes was still the same.

            After a moment he turned to face me and once again he thanked me. I really didn’t know why he was thanking me… have I done anything good for him and I didn’t realize? “Nick, why are you thanking me so much? This is the second time, I don’t understand” He looked into my eyes and gave a warm smile. Then stroking my face he explained, “Nobody ever treated me like you… You made me feel just an ordinary man, like I always wanted someone outside this crazy business treated me, and you still do. Everything is so easy beside you… I know it’s crazy, we barely know each other, but that’s how I feel.” All the sadness that filled his eyes minutes ago now has changed to tenderness and energy. “Nick, you say that as if you were a robot with no feelings, I mean, as if people saw you like that…”

            He giggled and nodded, “Well, many people just think I am a star and not a human being. They forget I have feelings too.”  Then just to prove his feelings I started tickling him. He was laughing so hard that both of us fell on the floor. He wanted to get even with me so he also tried to tickle me but I was smarter, I stood up as fast as I could and ran around the room to escape his grip. I should have known better… the second step I took he had me in his arms and then I was laughing hard. “Oh, Nick…please!” I couldn’t free myself neither attack him back.

            We tickled each other for what seemed like forever, my belly was hurting so badly and we were out of breath. Finally he let go of me and we both fell on the bed to rest, still gasping for air. We stayed like this for a while and sooner than I thought I was asleep.