- Text Size +
An Illicit Gentleman II

                    An Illicit Gentleman II

                                              Chapter Sixteen

 

           

            AJ started coughing and his shoulder began to ache as he started to come too.  Sluggishly he lifted himself up and tried to look for something to lean against but his eyes only saw blurs.  With a moan he lied back down and let the fuzziness wear off.  Rubbing his eyes he concentrated on remembering what happened, how he ended up like this. 

 

“Eve” AJ said as he sat up and looked around again.  He was alone in a small bedroom, a mattress on the other side, a chair and a glass of water.  The windows were covered with plywood and the door across from him was closed.  Then he remembered going to the restaurant, finding Eve and the small scuffle with the guy who’s behind this.

 

Slowly he got up and made his way to the door, he knew it wouldn’t open but he just had to check.  He turned the knob and pulled on it, nothing.  He pulled on it again, a little harder this time, letting his frustration through.  As he shook the door harder and harder he began to scream.  Then he pounded on the door as he screamed, someone would have to hear him.

 

The door flew open and it sent him tumbling backwards to the floor.  Someone grabbed him by the shirt and punched him.  AJ reached up and grabbed at the person, trying to pull him down and the persons foot got tangled on his skull wallet chain causing themselves to trip and fall.

 

Quickly AJ got up and shook as much of the punch off as he could.  He made his way to the open door and headed out of the room.  When the person in the room shouted he dashed down the stairs and hoped there was a door at the bottom.  But the only thing he found was a huge arm swinging at his chest and knocking him to the ground as the air left his lungs.  AJ gasped for air as he rolled on the ground, the pain rushing through him but he was able to watch the two men, one big, like a trucker or wrestler and the other one, the one that punched him was average size.  They both had ski masks on and wore all dark clothing, generic, nothing special.

 

“Damn it, you better not have broken a rib.” The one that punched AJ yelled as he made his way down.  “Punctured his lung or something.”

 

AJ started to feel himself getting dizzy as the lack of oxygen was causing him to pass out.  Then the pain began to lessen and slowly he could feel his breath returning to him, when his body realized this he started coughing and curled up on the stairs.

 

“Why haven’t we left yet, you don’t think Mats is going to give us up?” The man with the big arm and deep voice asked.

 

“No he won’t, not unless he wants his precious Evelyn to get hurt.” The man who attacked AJ said and this got AJ’s attention.  “Tie him up and put him in her room, maybe he can get her to stop jabbering like a mental patient.  I’m going to call the house, let them know there’s been a change in plans, sure they know he’s gone by now.”

 

AJ felt the bigger man grab him and he wanted to fight but he was still out of it from the close line he got at the bottom of the stairs. Besides they said they were putting him with Eve so he acted out of it, more than he really was.  He let the man tie his arms up behind him and then picked him up over his shoulder.  AJ let out a moan and it wasn’t acting as some of his chest pain came back.

 

The big guy carried him back up the stairs but they didn’t go down the hallway AJ ran from instead they went the other way down the hall.  He was carried down to the other end and when he heard a door open he opened his eyes and looked around.  Then he was thrown to the floor, he grunted as he hit the hard wood floor and almost hit the back of his head.  AJ lied there and still pretending to be semi conscious watched as the big man tied his legs with another rope.  When he was done the guy left the room closing and locking the door behind him.  AJ struggled for a minute to sit himself up, when he got into a sitting position he tried to look around the room.  When he heard something behind him AJ shuffled around turning himself to see what it was.

 

Eve lied on the ground, the gag over her mouth hung around her neck, she stared at the wood floor, her legs weren’t tied up but her hands were tied together in front of her. She still wore her robe over her PJ tank top and bottoms. Her lips slowly moved as she quietly talked to herself.  Slowly AJ slid over to her and got himself onto his knees.  He wanted to pick her up and hold her, let her know he was here but his damn hands were tied.

 

“Evelyn?” AJ finally spoke and she flinched a little.  He leaned closer to her.  “Evelyn, Evie baby look at me.” Her eyes closed as a tear rolled from the corner of her eye and down the side of her nose.

 

Just then the door opened and AJ turned around to see the smaller of the men walk in.  “What did you do to her?” He asked angrily as he stared at the man in front of him.

 

“Nothing” The man sighed.  “It’s like she just snapped.”  AJ looked back to Eve, still lying there oblivious to the two men in the room with her.  “Who’s Sean?” AJ’s head snapped back to the kidnapper and he stared at him.

 

“Why?” AJ asked holding back his anger to get an answer.

 

“She keeps talking to him.” The man replied and he laughed a little.  AJ’s teeth started to grind.  “Man Mats sure did fuck her up huh?”

 

“Shut up!” AJ yelled at him.

 

“What is it with you boy band members, so testy.” The man sighed.  “I just got finished talking to your friend, well let’s just say he’s not very happy with me either.” 

 

AJ thought about who it was, most likely Kevin.  He stayed silent as the situation started to sink in, he was being held captive, for ransom, and Eve was a complete mess.  He didn’t know how he was going to get them out and he wondered if the police and Detective Ozwith would find them. 

 

The sound of a cell phone ringing startled both men but AJ was the only one confused by it.  Reaching into his pocket the kidnapper pulled a phone from his pocket and flipped it open.  The entire time staring at AJ.

 

“I don’t even wanna know what you have to do to get these cell phone calls.” He said into the small black phone.  “She’s fine, having a lovely conversation with herself.”  There was a pause, he could hear the muffle sound of a voice shouting but he couldn’t make anything out.  “I did nothing, you’re the one that dragged her into a van and then played tag with her around LA all night.” The kidnapper started laughing.

 

The man closed the phone without saying goodbye and shrugged.  “Looks like something came up.”  He walked over to the door and grabbed the knob.  “I’ll be back, you two love birds enjoy the private room.”

 

When the man left the room AJ looked back down to Eve, her eyes were open again and she lied there mumbling.  “Evelyn?” AJ said to her as he shuffled his way over to her.  “Evelyn can you hear me?” He asked as he leaned closer to her.  “It’s me, it’s Alex, come on baby talk to me.” She still didn’t respond to him.

 

He scooted closer to her and carefully lied down beside her.  He could hear her mumbling but he couldn’t make out what she was saying.  His eyes locked onto hers but hers didn’t lock onto his, still staring at the wooden floor beneath them.  AJ positioned himself so her head was under his, he could smell her hair and it brought his emotions out.  He started crying as he leaned his head against hers.

 

“It’s ok Evie, I’m here.” He told her as he sniffed.  “It’s ok, I’m here.” He repeated again.  She didn’t turn or move to look at him like he expected her too.  AJ lied there with Eve as she talked to herself, or whatever, whoever it was she was talking too.  With everything he had been through the last few hours, he found his body starting to fall asleep.  A long rest needed from all the emotion and physical exhaustion he had been through.  His heavy eyes closed over and soon AJ was fast asleep.