- Text Size +
An Illicit Gentleman II

                    An Illicit Gentleman II

                                        Chapter Twenty-One

 

           

AJ felt something flutter against his face and his eyes slowly opened.  Looking back at him, barely above the top of the bed were a pair of bright blue eyes and a smile that would melt the coldest of hearts.  He stared at the little girl, who could not have been older than three,  as she pulled herself up onto the bed.  Her hair was dark brown and it hung down to her shoulders and he started to wonder what this little girl was doing in his house.

 

“Lily.” He heard Eve sigh and he looked at the door.  “Sorry, I turned my back for a second and she was down the hall.” She told him with a light smile and as she walked across the room, the little girl giggled and scrambled behind AJ wrapping her arms around his neck.  She pulled back and laughed as Eve got closer to her and AJ was too confused to notice the little girl lightly choking him. “She’s getting to smart for her own good.” Eve sighed.  “She saw your shoes and bag downstairs and realized you were home, she missed you.”

 

AJ said nothing as he looked at Eve, his eyebrows frowned with confusion.  “Are you ok?” Eve asked as she finally got the little girl off him.

 

“Fine” AJ said still confused.

 

“Want some breakfast?” She asked as the little girl settled on Eve’s lap.

 

“Sure” AJ replied with a slow nod.

 

            Eve then looked down at the little girl she called Lily and smiled.  “You want to help me make Daddy breakfast?” She asked and as the word left her lips AJ’s eyes bugged out of his head, now he was really confused. He watched as Eve tickled the girl and she squealed with delight as Eve leaned in and playfully kissed her.

 

He watched as Eve picked the girl up in her arms and carried her out of the room.  Slowly AJ got up and walked out of his bedroom.  He walked down the hall and stopped when he saw the room beside him.  A small light purple bed sat in the corner, the walls had animals and flowers painted on it, and the floor was cluttered in toys.  He continued to explore the house and walked downstairs.  As he walked down the hallway he saw the pictures on the wall.  There were wedding pictures, ones of him and Eve holding a small newborn, there were pictures of him and Eve together with the little girl that woke him up, and then sitting in the middle of them was a flat glass frame.  In that frame was a certificate.

 

“Name of child, Lillian Dawn…” AJ said as his voice trailed down.  “Adopters name and surname, Alexander James Mclean and Evelyn May Mclean…”  Everything clicked into him as he read the words.

 

“Alex?” He heard Eve call and he looked down the hall.

 

His eyes opened and he found himself back in Eve’s bed, Eve sleeping soundly on his chest.  His eyes darted to beside the bed but there was no one there.  Slowly he slid out from under her, laying her head carefully on top of a pillow and then crawled out of the bed.  He threw on a pair of boxers, grabbed his cigarettes and quietly walked out of the room.  As he walked down the hall to the back patio doors, he rubbed his arm and rubbed away the goose bumps that were left by the dream.  He had never had a dream like that before, at least not one that felt as real as that one did. 

 

Turning off the alarm he walked out back, pulled a chair out and sat down as he tapped a smoke from his cigarette pack.  He lit it and took a drag his mind still focused on the little girl that ‘woke’ him up, the way she clung to him as she tried to get away from Eve, and the way she laughed and giggled echoed in his ears.  Again the weird sensation he woke up with came over him and he shivered a little.  The goose bumps came back and he rubbed his arms again.

 

He sat outside under the warm Nashville air, thinking about that dream and each time he thought about it, his feelings changed.  First it gave him they strange sensation, then it scared him a little the thought of him as a Father but then he thought about Eve being there with him and how happy she was.  His mind drifted back to a memory, the memory of what happened in Florida and how she felt about not being able to have children.  The next time it played in his head he found himself enjoying it, smiling at the little girl, the sound of her giggling in his ear made him laugh a little.

 

Taking a deep breath AJ picked up his cigarettes and walked back into the house, making sure he turned the alarm back on.  He made his way back into the room and placed his smokes on the night stand.  Carefully he crawled under the blankets and slipped behind her as she slept on her side.  He wrapped his arm over her stomach and pulled her against him.  She mumbled a little as her hand searched for his, and as he took it her fingers tangled around his.  A small smile crept across his face when she didn’t complain about how he smelt, or the fact he was up at all.  He brushed his lips across the base of her neck and as he lovingly pecked along her shoulder Eve started to wake up.

 

When she tried to roll over he stopped her as he continued to gently kiss her shoulder.  He stopped at the base of her neck and pulled her hair away letting his finger drift along her skin.  Returning his lips he started to kiss her again as he let his fingers inch their way under the t-shirt.  They drifted around her stomach as Eve titled her head exposing her neck more for him.  His lips floated to the back of her ear as he tenderly took her breast into his hand.  Eve softly moaned as his lips dripped down her neck and he caressed her nipple in his fingers.  The longer he lovingly played with her like this the more her lower body grinded back into his, wanting him, needing him but he wasn’t anywhere near done.

 

Releasing her breast his hand slid back down her stomach and directly into her PJ’s, Eve gasped and bit her lip as his fingers gently slid past her clit.  Slowly he began to rub between her legs still slowly kissing along her neck and behind her ear.  His lust for her was starting to over whelm him so he removed his hand and pulled down her PJ bottoms. As he removed his boxers he sat up on his arm and Eve rolled against him resting her head between his neck and shoulders.  He draped her leg over him and slid into her from behind as his lips found their way back behind her ear.

 

 Eve reached behind her and grasped the back of his neck, she moaned as she pushed her lower body down onto him.  He breathed heavily as he wrapped his arm across her, gripping her shoulder and pulling her down against him.  She called out his name as her body began to tremble and her lower body tightened around him.  He whispered lovingly in her ear as he hit his peak and held her against him as he began to tremble with her.

 

Finally he allowed her to roll onto her back, his hand let go of her shoulder and drifted to her neck.  Slowly he leaned down and softly kissed her as they both calmed themselves.  As he pulled away her hand slipped from his neck and drifted down his chest.  He looked down at her as she lied there looking up at him and he lightly smiled.

 

“I love you so much.” He told her but before she could reply he silenced her with a kiss as he slowly crawled on top of her, he still wasn’t done yet.

 

The next morning AJ was awoken by the sun beaming through the curtains; again he made a mental note to talk to Eve about getting new ones.  Tiredly he sat himself up and rubbed his eyes as memories of the night and morning floated into his mind.  He looked beside him and saw she wasn’t there.  Quickly he jumped in the shower and noticed Eve must have had one when she got up.  When he was done he grabbed some fresh, clean clothes and got dressed.

 

As he opened the bedroom door he heard someone talking, closing the door behind him he walked down the hall, when he approached the kitchen he recognized Eve’s voice and poking his head around the doorway he saw who she was talking too.

 

“Hey Ma” AJ said as he walked into the kitchen.

 

“Morning sweetheart, or should I say afternoon.” Denise smiled and AJ looked at the clock on the microwave.

 

“Oh, wow.” AJ said a little stunned he had slept in so late.  “How long have you been here?” He asked.

 

“Couple of hours, Eve was up and she made me a lovely breakfast.” Denise replied with a smile and it came across as sincere.

 

“Do you want anything?” Eve asked as he sat down.

 

“Naw I’m good right now thanks babe.” AJ replied with a light smile.

 

“Ok, well I need to go make some phone calls.” She said as she put down the dish cloth.  “I’ll be in my office.” AJ watched as she left the room and found himself gazing at the doorway.

 

            “So how are you doing this morning?” Denise asked him, breaking him from his thoughts and he looked at her.

 

“I’m doing better than I was yesterday.” He told her.

 

“When do you plan on going home?” His Mom asked and he found himself feeling defensive wondering if she wanted him away from Eve.

 

“I’m not sure.” He replied.  “I would like Eve to come, get her away for a few days, and she can go see Sean.”

 

“Sean?” Denise said confused.

 

“Her brother.” AJ replied and his Mom nodded remembering. “But I don’t know when she’ll be able to go because of the restaurant and I’m sure I’m not done with the police and kidnapping investigation.”

 

“What about recording?” She asked.

 

“Gotta talk to the guys about that, they said they were coming by today.” He told her and right on cue the doorbell rang.