- Text Size +
An Illicit Gentleman II

                    An Illicit Gentleman II

                                                 Chapter Three

 

 

“I must be the luckiest girl in the world.” Rachel smiled as she walked into the hotel room with AJ in her arms.

 

“You will be in a minute.” He mumbled as he pressed his lips to her.  She laughed as he picked her up and walked over to the bed.  Laying her down his lips drifted down her neck as her hands pulled his shirt over his head.  Their fevered passionate kisses were interrupted when someone knocked on the door.

 

“Alex” Rachel pouted as he got up and walked to the door.

 

“What?” AJ said as he opened the hotel room door.

 

“We’re going to go eat, you wanna come?” Nick asked as he looked over AJ’s shoulder and saw Rachel fixing her hair, sitting on the bed.  “Never mind.”

 

“What do you mean never mind?” AJ asked.

 

“We’re going to Eve’s place.” Nick told him.  “Didn’t realize you brought a guest.”

 

“Oh” AJ said looking back at Rachel.  “Yeah I asked her to come with.”

 

“Well then see ya when we get back.” Nick replied with a light wave as he walked away from the door.  AJ stood there for a minute staring at Nick as his friend walked down the hall.

 

“Are you coming back?” Rachel whispered in his ear as her arms wrapped around him.

 

“Yeah” AJ said as he closed the door.  He let her pull him back over to their bed and slid up to the pillows as he crawled over to her.  AJ returned his lips to her neck as her fingers drifted across the base of his neck.  When he pulled her panties off she began to unbuckle his belt as Rachel sat up and kissed his chest and stomach.  Laying her back down he kicked off his jeans and pulled her leg around him.  He looked at her as their bodies rocked against each others.  His mind filtered back to the many times he held Eve against him like this.  She arched her back and moaned his name as she hit her peak; AJ faked his and then collapsed beside her. 

 

Lying in bed as Rachel lightly kissed his neck, he stared at the ceiling.  “Are you hungry?” He asked.

 

“For food?” Rachel replied with a smirk. 

 

AJ lightly smiled back. “Yeah”

 

“Sure.” Rachel nodded as she leaned in and kissed him again.  The couple got dressed and headed down to the lobby, the hotel called AJ a cab and soon they were off to eat.

 

“Where too?” The driver asked as AJ closed the door.

 

“Garden of Eden.” AJ told him and the driver pulled away from the hotel.

 

“Is that the place Nick was talking about yesterday?” Rachel asked as AJ looked from window to her.

 

“Yeah” He nodded.  “They still might be there but we can eat by ourselves.” He told her and she smiled back at him.

 

“I hope we can get a seat.” Rachel frowned as they looked at all the cars in the parking lot.  AJ took her hand and walked into the restaurant and up to the hostess. 

 

“Table for two?” He asked and the woman looked at her chart. 

 

“It’ll be about fifteen minutes.” The woman replied.

 

“Ok” AJ nodded and then turned to Rachel but something caught his eye and he looked over her shoulder.  He saw Howie waving to him.  “We’ve been spotted.” He said nodding to Howie as Rachel looked at him.  She looked over her shoulder and then back to him. 

 

“We can go say Hi, we have some time.” She said as she took his hand and walked over to their table.

 

“Changed your mind?” Nick asked and only AJ picked up on his tone.

 

“Yeah we had desert before the meal.” Rachel said with a smile.

 

“Are you guys sitting with us?” Howie asked.

 

“No we got our own table just waiting.” AJ said as he started to scan the restaurant. 

 

“What do you think?” Nick asked and AJ looked at him.

 

“About?” AJ replied.

 

“The restaurant?” Nick said with a small sly smile.

 

“It’s nice.” He replied shooting Nick a look.

 

“Well we should get back, don’t want to miss them calling us.” AJ said to Rachel and he took her hand.

 

“See ya back at the hotel.” Howie said with a nod. 

 

The couple took a seat on the long leather bench and cuddled as they waited for their table.  As Rachel whispered something in his ear he saw Nick get up from his table and grab his jacket.  AJ watched as Nick walked away from the other guys, passed him and Rachel and out the door.

 

“What was that about?” Rachel asked as AJ looked back at the table where Brian and Howie were. 

 

“I dunno, be right back, if they call us go grab the table I’ll join you in a second.” He told her and she nodded.  AJ got up and headed outside of the restaurant and looked around for Nick.

 

“Where are you going?” AJ asked as he walked up to his friend who stood at the restaurant walkway.

 

“Going back to the hotel.” Nick said not looking at him.

 

“Done already?” AJ asked.

 

“No, but it seems I’ve lost my appetite.” Nick shot at him.

 

“What the fuck does that mean?” AJ asked noticing the look and comment.

 

“Why the hell did you come here?” Nick asked.

 

“We were hungry and you said this place was good.” AJ replied.

 

“You’re a fucking asshole.” Nick snapped at him.  “Go back inside.” Nick yelled as the cab rolled up and he got in.  AJ stood there and watched the cab pull out of the parking lot and down the street. 

 

When he got back inside the hostess was coming to get them to seat them.  He followed her and Rachel to the table and they sat down.  He noticed a moment later Howie and Brian leave; he waved to them and they returned it.

 

“So what was wrong with Nick?” Rachel asked.

 

“Guess he wasn’t feeling good.” AJ replied with a shrug as he opened the menu.  The couple ordered and chatted as they waited for their food.  As soon as AJ took a bite of his spaghetti he knew it was Eve’s and he couldn’t help but smile.

 

“This Alfredo is so good.” Rachel said with a smile as their waitress walked up to the table.  “This is so good.” Rachel told the waitress and the woman smiled.

 

“This is for you.” The woman said as she handed AJ an envelope.

 

“Oh?” AJ said as he took the paper from the woman and watched her walked away.

 

“Love letter from a fan?” Rachel teased him.  AJ just lightly smirked as he slowly opened the envelope.  He looked inside and saw a thin piece of paper sitting inside, pulling the back out more so he could see deeper into the envelope he realized it was a cheque, a cheque for the exact amount Eve’s schooling cost, and her signature at the bottom.

 

“I’ll be right back.” AJ said as he got up from his chair, Rachel looked at him confused as he walked over to their waitress.

 

“Excuse me?” AJ said to get the waitress’s attention. “Did Eve give you this?” He asked.

 

“Yes.” The woman nodded.

 

“Is she busy?” AJ asked.

 

“No not right now, she’s in her office.” The woman said and pointed to the cherry wood door on the other side of the restaurant.  AJ made his way over to the door and stopped in front of it.  After he knocked he waited and a moment later the door opened.  The air in his lungs rushed from his chest when he saw her.  Her cook’s jacket was unbutton and hung down her sides, her hair in a messy ponytail but AJ found it a little sexy.

 

“Not enough?” She asked as she stared at him.

 

“No, I mean yeah it’s enough.” He replied finally being able to get his breath back.  “But you don’t have…”

 

“Yes I do.” She replied quickly. “Now is there anything else I can help you with…Sir?” She asked as she held the door opened.  He crumbled the envelope up and tossed it at her.

 

“Keep it.” He told her.  “I owe you for all those dances anyways.” He snapped and then walked away as the rage rushed through him but when he heard her door slam his heart sank.

 

“Everything ok?” Rachel asked as he sat back down at the table.

 

“Fine” He replied as he picked up his glass of soda.  “Are you done?” He asked nodding to her plate.

 

“I’m stuffed.” She sighed.  “To bad too the cheesecake looks good.”

 

            “Thought you had desert already.” AJ smirked to her and she laughed.