- Text Size +
An Illicit Gentleman II

                    An Illicit Gentleman II

                                        Chapter-Forty Seven

 

AJ pulled into Nick’s drive way as they arrived for the BBQ he had planned for Family and Friends.  They were already running late because they had a meeting at the Children’s Bureau of Southern California with Anabelle’s Adoption worker.  They went and filled out the first round of paper work, if they pass this then they will be able to set up play dates with Anabelle and her Foster parents so that the little girl would be able to get to know them.  After a couple of months of that if all goes well they can file for Adoption and wait for approval or disapproval.

 

They hadn’t told anyone yet they wanted to wait until they had decided a hundred percent that they wanted to do it.  After they left Eve’s therapy session they went out to dinner and talked about the situation.  It was nice for AJ to see Eve wanting to go out, not worrying about people looking at her because she was signing.  They went home and talked about it more, even deciding they should move, maybe it might detour Mats other friend.  Plus with a new house they could have it totally decked out with the latest technology for Eve and hopefully for Anabelle. 

 

The couple got out of the car and walked up to the front door, AJ rang the door bell and they waited.  Eve tapped AJ on the shoulder and he looked at her.  “Are you sure you want to tell them now? What if Brian’s here and he starts something?”

 

“Kevin will keep him in his place if he is and yes I do, the woman at the Agency said things looked really good and they are going to want to know why we’re going to San Diego every couple of days or so.” AJ signed back to her just then the door opened.

 

“Well it’s about damn time Kevin.” Nick said as he stood in the door way.

 

“Shut up.” AJ huffed as he walked into Nick’s house and Eve followed.  Nick waved hello to her and she waved hello back at him.

 

“So is there a reason you felt the need to arrive late at my party.” Nick said sarcastically as they walked towards the backyard.

 

“Yes there was and I will tell you later.” AJ said as they walked into the back patio area.

 

“I’m here before you, what the hall is up with that Jizzle?” Kevin yelled as AJ looked over at him sitting by the pool.  AJ threw up his arms and shrugged, he looked at Eve to ask her if she wanted something to drink and she had a confused look on her face.

 

“They’re razzing me about being late.” AJ signed, she nodded and lightly laughed.  “Pepsi?” He spelled out and she nodded.  “Kris is over there.” He signed and pointed over by the pool.

 

“I’ll wait for you.” She replied.

 

AJ nodded, he knew why because she still wasn’t that good at reading lips and Kristin didn’t know sign.  He walked her over to the cooler and pulled her out a can of Pepsi and grabbed a Dew for himself, then the couple made their way over to Kevin and Kristin.

 

“Fair warning my Cousin says he may be coming by with Leigh and Baylee.” Kevin said as he climbed out of the pool.

 

“Well he’s usually good if he has the wife and kid.” AJ sighed as he opened his soda.

 

“So how are things going?” Kristin asked.

 

“Good” AJ replied.

 

“How come you were late, traffic on the freeway?” Kevin asked.

 

“Naw, had a meeting to go to.” AJ said.

 

“For Eve?” Kevin asked.

 

“Sort of.” AJ replied and he looked over at Eve beside him who was using a notepad she kept on her to talk to Kristin, he was pretty sure she was thanking her for letting Kevin go on tour.

 

“Dude” He heard Kevin say and he looked at him.  Kevin gave him a what is going on look.

 

“We were at the Children’s Bureau.” AJ told him.

 

“Why?” Kevin asked really confused.

 

“There’s a three year old girl that goes to UCLA for audio therapy with Eve, she lost her hearing in a car accident the same accident killed her mother and father.” AJ told him.

 

“Alex” Kevin said and AJ knew he was catching on.

 

“We’ve talked about it, figured out what we needed to do to make this possible, one thing we’re doing is we’re going to move, and hopefully that will detour any of Mats followers.” AJ explained.  “When we decided it was what we really wanted we called the Children’s Bureau of Southern California, told them that we were interested in her and they set up a meeting and that’s where we were today.”

 

“So what happens now?” Kevin asked.

 

“If the paper work goes through which we’ve been told there’s a very good chance it will, than we can start setting up times when Eve and I can go and see her so she can get to know us.” AJ told him.  “If that goes well we fill out the forms and file for adoption.”

 

“What?!” Kristin said and it startled both Kevin and AJ.  She then looked at Eve.  “Adoption? You’re adopting?”

 

Eve looked at AJ.  “I told Kevin, she over heard.” He signed and she looked back at Kristin and nodded.

 

“Say what?!” Nick squealed from behind AJ and Eve.

 

“What?” Howie said looking at everyone confused.

 

“AJ and Eve are getting a kid.” Nick told him.

 

“Well when you put it that way Nick is sounds so much more exciting.” AJ sighed.

 

“Shut up.” Nick scoffed as him and Howie walked over to them.

 

“And it’s not definite yet.” AJ told him.

 

“Pfft who wouldn’t give you a kid.” Nick replied.

 

“There’s still someone out there trying to hurt Eve Nick.” AJ said as he looked behind him.  “The Adoption Agency might not want her going into house with a possible danger like that.”

 

“Then why try now why not wait?” Kevin asked.

 

“There are certain things that imply we should try now.” AJ told him.  “It’s kind of hard to explain.”

 

Eve tapped on AJ’s shoulder and started to sign.  “Oh, ok.” AJ replied with a nod.

 

“What?” Nick and Kevin asked at the same time.

 

“She says she doesn’t want Brian to know yet, she doesn’t want to deal with it.” AJ said.

 

“Nothing permanent yet I see no reason in telling him.” Kevin shrugged.

 

“Have you told you’re Mom yet?” Howie asked.

 

“No, we’re going to wait and see if the first set of papers go through, then we’ll call her and let her know.” AJ said.

 

“Well I think it’s cool.” Nick said.  “But how come not a newborn?”

 

“She’s special, something about her.” AJ replied.

 

“Hellooooo” Shouted Brian’s little boy inside Nick’s house. 

 

Everyone went quiet as Nick stood up to greet Brian and his family.  AJ looked over at Eve and signed that Brian was here and he saw her face fall.  He took her hand and gave her a loving smile.  She was still pretty hurt from Brian’s attack on her saying she cheated on AJ with Mats.

 

“Well since everyone is here I’m gonna fire up the BBQ.” Nick said as headed towards the house.

 

“So then how do you sign congratulations?” Kristin asked AJ.

 

“Like this.” AJ said and he raised his arms a little, clasped his hands together and gently shook them almost like a hurrah gesture.   Kristin copied and Eve smiled. 

 

She replied with “Thank You.” By placing her fingers on her chin and extended her hand towards Kristin.

 

“She won’t teach me the swear words.” AJ pouted and signed as he talked.  Eve shook her heard and made the letter T with her hand and gently shook it, then touched her mouth.

 

“Bite me woman.” He signed back and she laughed.

 

“What did she say?” Kristin asked.

 

“She said I have a toilet mouth.” AJ replied still looking at Eve.  Kristin started laughing and nodded at Eve in agreement.  “I’m going to go see if Nick needs help.” He signed and stood up.  The girls kept laughing at him as he walked into Nick’s house.  As he approached the kitchen he heard Kevin speaking some what loudly.

 

“Look I have the right to say something, look at what he did to him.” AJ heard Leigh-Anne say.

 

“He’s lucky Alex didn’t do worse after the shit he said about Eve.” Kevin bickered.  “You have your views on her fine, you’re entitled to that but he is extremely protective of her right now so if you make your opinions known you deserve everything you get back.”

 

“I really don’t get what is so special about her.” Brian sighed.

 

“No, no you wouldn’t.” Kevin replied and it made AJ smirk a little.  “Like Alex said in the meeting you haven’t been around, you haven’t even given her a shot.  You just labeled her a whore and moved on.”

 

“She was a stripper Kevin.” Leigh-Anne replied with a tone of disgust.

 

“Yeah well Leigh sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.” Kevin replied.  “And I never heard your husband complain about his distaste for strippers when he would go to the clubs with the fella’s and I while on tour.”

 

“Oh snap good one.” AJ said under his breath.

 

“And I’m giving you two a warning because you’re family, if the both of you don’t back the fuck off and just except that Eve will be here for a long time, the both of you will miss out on something amazing.” Kevin told him before he walked out of the room. 

 

“Alex” Kevin said a little stunned to see him standing there.

 

“Came to see if Nick needed anything but he’s not here.” AJ told him.

 

“Look about…” Kevin started to say but AJ interrupted him.

 

“Couldn’t have said it any better myself.” AJ replied with a smile.  Kevin smiled back. “Well let’s go find Carter before he burns the hell outta the burgers.” He said as he motioned for him and Kevin to head back outside.