- Text Size +
An Illicit Gentleman II

                    An Illicit Gentleman II

                                                 Chapter Four

 

 

AJ sat on the edge of the hotel bed as he quietly smoked his cigarette.  His mind drifted to this afternoon and seeing Eve and what he said too her.  He sighed as he rubbed his eyes and laid his head in his hands.  Nick was right he was an asshole and he couldn’t believe he said what he said to her.  Looking at his watch as it sat on the table, he read the time as eight minutes to midnight and he wondered if the place was still opened.  Putting his smoke out in the ashtray AJ stood up and quietly got dressed, careful not to wake the sleeping woman in his bed.  Slowly he closed his bedroom door over and waited a minute after it locked.  He walked over to the elevator, pressed the down button and waited.  When he walked up to the front desk, he asked the clerk for a cab and went outside lighting another smoke while he waited.  It only took about five minutes for the cab to roll around and he hopped in telling the driver where to go.

 

He laid on his back, his eyes closed, the sounds of the waves hitting the Maui shore line flowed through out the room, and the feeling of her lips on his chest sent goose bumps all over his body.  Opening his eyes he looked down at her and ran his fingers through her hair. 

 

“Eve?” He said and she looked up at him.

 

“Yeah?” She replied with a soft smile.

 

“That night at my place after you told me about going to Europe and you danced for me.” He said as she rested her chin gently on his bare chest.  “I just wanted to say thank you, I missed watching you dance but I didn’t want too…” He stopped as he searched for the word.

 

“You missed watching me dance?” She asked as she sat up a little.

 

“Yeah” He replied with a nod.  “But like I said I didn’t want you thinking that, that’s what I wanted or needed from you.”

 

“You’ve never made me feel that way, I don’t even think you ever could Alex, you’re above that, you treat everyone not just girls, with respect, it’s one of the things I love about you.” She said with a smile as she slowly moved up towards him. Leaning in she kissed him, trapping his lip between hers and then slowly pulled away.  “Do you want me to dance for you now?” She asked in a whisper as she brushed her lips over his.  He nodded slightly as she pressed her lips back to his…

 

“Sir?” The man said and AJ jumped startled.  “We’re here.”

 

“Oh” He said quickly as he reached for his wallet and paid the man.  When he got out of the car he looked at the large windows of the building, he could see chairs over turned sitting on top of the tables but there was someone sitting at the bar. 

 

“The bar” AJ said slowly as he hoped it wasn’t her.  Quickly he closed the door and walked over to the window.  When he saw that it was Eve sitting there his heart sank.  Slowly he reached up and gently tapped on the window hoping not to scare her.  It did anyways and she almost fell out of her chair.  He awkwardly smiled as his eyebrows frowned in apology as she looked at him.  She stared at him for a moment and then walked out from behind the bar.  AJ headed towards the front door and met up with her as she unlocked them.

 

“We’re closed.” She said looking at him.

 

“I didn’t mean to scare you I’m sorry.” AJ apologized.

 

“What do you want AJ?” She asked with a sigh as she leaned against the door.

 

“Wanted to say I’m sorry.” He said.

 

“Fine” She said with a casual shrug.  “Is that all?”

 

“Is everything ok?” He asked as his eyes darted to the bar.  She noticed and smirked.

 

“Just filling in the books for tonight, more room there.” She said as AJ looked back at her.

 

“Oh” He replied a little embarrassed he had jumped to the conclusion she would be drinking, he hated it when people and the fans did it towards him.  They stood in silence for a minute and then Eve spoke up.

 

“Did you cab it here?” She asked not seeing another car in the lot.

 

“Yeah, we usually just go from hotel to studio and back again, no sense wasting money on a rental.” AJ said with a shrug.

 

“Well why don’t you come in, I’m almost done and I’ll drive you back to your hotel.” She said and he looked at her a little surprised.

 

“Ok” AJ nodded as she let him walk in.  She locked the door and he followed her over to the bar.  “Can I ask you something?” He said as she sat down in front of him.

 

“Sure” She replied as she wrote something down.

 

“Why did you give me that cheque?” He asked and she looked up at him.

 

“Cause I owe it too you.” She replied as she picked up her pen and started copying numbers from a piece of paper into the book.

 

“No you don’t.” AJ said shaking his head.  “And I’m sorry I tossed it at you and said what I said this afternoon but it kind of pissed me off.”

 

“Oh and the little scene over there.” She replied as she pointed her pen over towards the doors and benches. “I mean the first time I see you in two years, you’re with some girl making out in my waiting lobby and I’m pretty sure you knew this place was mine.” She said as she closed the book over.

 

“You made me choose.”

 

“I didn’t make you choose anything Alex.” She replied as she picked up the book.  “You asked me what I thought and I told you.  It was bad enough I played rebound girl for you, I wasn’t about to become sloppy seconds to some seventeen year old.”

 

“See! That right there, that stupid fucking snide remark got us here!” He yelled at her.

 

“Every girl you were with between me and Kaci, every time it ended you came to me.” She told him as he followed her along the bar.  “And yea it’s on me too, I let it happened.  You’d fly out all up set, spend the week with me, go home and then hook up with someone else.”  Eve said as she opened the door to her office.

 

“And you didn’t get anything out of it?” He asked as he followed her in. 

 

“Damn it Alex!” She shouted as she tossed down the book on her desk.

 

“Well don’t get all fucking pissy at me, you’re the one that ended it remember?” He snapped back at her.

 

“You know why.” She replied as she turned to a cabinet, unlocked it and put the book away.

 

“Yeah and you still took me back every time I came to see you, so who’s the one throwing out mixed signals?” He told her.  “What was I supposed to do Evelyn? Tell you not to go? Tell you to give up on your dream and marry me?”

 

“No” she replied as she closed the cabinet.

 

“Didn’t you trust me?” He asked as she stood up.  “I mean after all the shit I went through with you.”  Eve didn’t say anything as she slid her jacket on and pulled out her hair.  AJ walked around her desk and grabbed her by the arm.  “Damn it answer me!” He snapped at her as he spun her around to face him.  When he did he saw why she hadn’t answered him, she was to busy fighting back her tears.

 

“I fucked up ok!” She shouted at him and shoved him away enough he let go of her arm.  He looked at her stunned as she walked around to the other side of her desk.  “I was scared and I panicked, I kept telling myself that whole month I was doing the right thing but I was wrong.” AJ walked over to her as she sat down in the chair across from her desk and knelt down in front of her.

 

“Why were you scared?” AJ asked.

 

“I was scared because I had this huge opportunity, something that I wanted and you wanted and I just felt like I couldn’t have both.” She told him as she wiped her eyes.

 

“Both?” AJ replied a little confused.

 

“I felt like if I went to Europe I would lose you and it scared me.  This was me we’re talking about some drug addicted, drunken stripper from a defunk home.” She said wiping her eyes, trying to stop them from flowing.

 

“Evelyn you were so much more than that, you still are, I mean look at this place.” AJ said to her as he took her hands. 

 

“I know that now but back then.” She replied as she lightly shook her head.  “The only good thing I had was you and I thought I didn’t deserve both, so I made myself choose and I knew you would never hold me back from going.  So I wanted to end it on my terms at least have a chance to say goodbye, and I thought it would hurt less but I was wrong.”  Without giving it another thought AJ pulled her into his arms.  “When you would come out and see me, there were so many times I wanted to ask you to stay, wanted to tell you I made a mistake and that I was sorry.” She told him as her arms slid around his back and she lightly sobbed.  He held her for a while, until her sobs stopped.  Pulling away he looked at her, her eyes red and wet, tears still wet against her cheeks. 

 

AJ cupped his hand against the side of her neck and wiped his thumb across her cheek as he cleared away the tears.  He almost forgot how soft her skin was, how lost he could get in her eyes, and how much he missed kissing her.  Slowly he leaned in and gave his lips what they craved and he was a little surprised he was met with little resistance.  As their mouths opened slightly their tongues gently flicked at each other and then retreated as their mouths closed.  He pulled her jacket off and she placed her hands on the side of his neck as their kisses grew more passionate.  They pulled away slightly; staring at each other breathless and in a split second decided what to do next. 

 

Eve slipped off of the chair, both now kneeling on the floor as AJ pulled her shirt over her head.  He lowered his head pressing his lips to her chest as she held his head in her hands.  With a snap of his fingers her bra came undone and he pulled it away from her, returning his lips to breasts.  His lips drifted down to her nipple and he gently teased it with his mouth and teeth.  When his shirt went over his head he brought his kisses back to her lips and shivered lightly as her nails slithered down his stomach.  She began unbuckling his pants and he began unbuckling hers.  He pulled her down on top of him as he laid back onto the floor.  AJ reached down and pulled her panties off as she kissed up his neck and behind his ear. 

 

His hands slipped down her sides and stopped at her hips, their lips pecked at each other and she slid down onto him.  He squeezed her hips as she began to rock her lower body against him and he thrusted up into her.  Her hands rested on either side of his head, her hair brushed past the side of his face as her pace quickened and he slid his hands up her stomach and around her breasts.  Gently he squeezed them as he bucked his lower body and moaned. 

 

“Fuck…Alex…” Eve gasped breathless as she pushed herself down onto him fast and hard.  His head rolled back and moaned deeply as he felt her tightening around him.  He grabbed her waist again and pulled her down onto him with each thrust upwards as he hit his peak.  Moaning her name as she brought her lips to his and kissed him, AJ’s body began to relax.  Cupping the side of her neck in his hand again as they kissed, his thumb gently brushed along her jaw line and he kept it there as their lips parted.  Their eyes locked onto each others as they laid on the floor of Eve’s office.

 

“Come back to my place?” She asked as his thumb drifted passed her lips. He nodded, still a little breathless.