- Text Size +

I'm just trying to figure outr32;
What's wrong with you headr32;
Every time I look aroundr32;
You're somewhere else instead
I wanna ask you whyr32;
But everytime I try, you cry.
My Confession; Nick Carter

 

Nick C’s Point of View

Rosie absolutely hates going to the hospital but the one thing she hates even more than the hospital is the topic of Nick Jonas. But I decided it’s been three years, Nick deserves to know that one, he has a son, two, Rosie still has feelings for him and three, he will always be a special part of Rosie and Samuel’s life no matter what. This tour was going to change everyone. That was something I knew that for sure.

I sat next to Rosie’s bed while she was being given her insulin. We continued talking about the impending arrival of Jonas.
“Nick, he’s dating Delta Goodrem, I think they’re going to get married! You’ve seen them out on the street together.”
“You and Delta were best friends while you were in Sydney. I’m sure if you explain to her about the situation she will understand.”
“And rip my head off.”
“Rosie, you have high blood sugar, you are being moody. We’ll talk about this when you’re feeling better. Right now though, I am going to go and talk to your endocrinologist about other options for your diabetes because what you are on now isn’t working.”
“Okay, I’m going to sleep then.”

 

I wandered down the halls of the hospital to the office of Rosie’s pediatric endocrinologist, Doctor Andrews. I asked his receptionist if he was in and she said he was and to knock.
“Come in!” he called.
“Hi Doctor Andrews.”
“Oh please Nick, call me Phil. What’s up?”
“I just need to talk to you about Rosie’s insulin treatment. I don’t think what she’s taking is working properly.”
“Do you know if she’s actually taking her insulin?”
“I watch nearly every injection. That’s what I thought at first too. Rosie has never been really concerned about her weight. She’s always been very athletic. I just think what she’s on at the moment isn’t working.”
“It’s too early to put her on a pump at the moment, so maybe we should adjust her dosages and eating times. Then maybe we can look at the pump in the next few months. Has she decided what she wants to do for university? Will she stay in America or go back to Australia?”
“She has a life and friends back in Australia. I can’t make her stay here as much as I’d like to.”
“What does she want to do again?”
“Early Childhood then Photography. Part of me wishes she would do music because she is so talented at it but it wasn’t something she pursued in high school when she went to Australia.”
“I thought you of all people would discourage her from doing music?” he questioned.
“I did at first, and tried to get her to pursue sports and photography but now I wish I didn’t. She was so talented.”
“Maybe get her to take a gap year, it might be the best thing for her. She needs to just stop and take a break. Maybe she can write a few songs and it will give her time to adjust to her diabetes. She hasn’t stopped since she was diagnosed.”
“Do you really think we can get her to stop? Rosie never stops. She always goes at a million miles an hour and she is always determined to prove some point. She did when she was pregnant with Samuel.”
“Maybe now is the time she needs to have Samuel in her life.”
“Well she is coming on tour with me and the baby daddy is going to be there… and he has no clue he has a son so probably not the best idea.”
“Well anyway I’ll stop by tomorrow and we’ll look at her dosages and her eating times. She should be fine to go home by tomorrow night.”
“Thanks Phil.”
“No worries Nick.”

 

Since Rosie came back from Australia, we had to find a pediatric endocrinologist and so I contacted Denise Jonas and got the details of Phil. He’s been so good for Rosie. He’s my age and has been someone she is so comfortable talking to about her diabetes. He gave her his mobile so anytime she needs to call she can. It can’t be easy on her, it really can’t. She had such a promising athletics and basketball career in Australia. She was second in her age group in the country for 100m hurdles and sprint. She was playing for New South Wales U/19 Basketball team and had been offered an Australian Institute of Sport Scholarship. It was so good that she turned everything around for herself after Samuel was born. She was so upset when she found out she was pregnant especially to Nick Jonas because they had lost contact after the tour had finished. They were best friends and did absolutely everything together. They used to play basketball together, were homeschooled together, wrote music together, filmed home movies together and just genuinely loved each other, as much as they both denied it. They were perfect for each other but now Nick is with Delta Goodrem. I have a huge amount of respect for Delta as both an artist and a person. When Rosie first arrived in Sydney two years ago, Delta and her then fiancée Brian McFadden looked out for her. Delta would take her to club basketball games or to athletics meets. She would take Rosie to any concerts or events she had on. She wrote music with Rosie and nurtured her musical talent better than I ever did. She would listen to any problems Rosie had but never once did Rosie mention Samuel. I think it ate at her a lot because when she finally came back to America after graduation the first thing she wanted to do was see Samuel. She had never wanted to do that when she has come back before. I think diabetes has changed her perspective on life. I think facing Nick about Samuel will change things again for her. I think it will bring the two of them back to each other again.

 

Delta’s Point of View

Nick had gone to bed early, I was having trouble sleeping because of jetlag. I sat in the music room of Nick and I’s apartment and tinkered at the piano for a while. Being back in Australia brought back some raw memories for me, I had run into my ex fiancée Brian for the first time since our break up, it wasn’t awkward it was just a different feeling for the both of us. We had both gone along to Rosie’s graduation because we had both been such a big part of her life when she was at boarding school in Sydney for Year 11 and 12. I knew seeing Rosie tomorrow would be hard for Nick, Rosie was his first and he was Rosie’s first too. Rosie never mentioned she had been with Nick, she had mentioned they were friends though. She spent many nights at my house watching movies and talking about any problems she was having at school, with sport or even on the odd occasion with boys. She wasn’t insecure, but she wasn’t sure of who she was as a person. She had always grown up in the shadow of her family and Nick had taken responsibility for Rosie’s safety from the time she was two and when he was just fifteen. She had grown up being “Nick Carter’s Little Sister” but in Sydney she was just Rosie. It was a huge change for her, a change she needed.

 

I went to every club basketball game, except if I had a recording session then Brian would go in my place. We were like her family in Australia. She was like our daughter in a way. We spoilt her rotten. When Brian and I split and I moved to America, Brian looked after her in Year 12 so it was like having her brother back in a way. I still spoke to Rosie every day on Facebook, Skype or the phone. I went back to Sydney for her graduation then to catch up with my family for a week or so.

 

I was taken aback by Nick’s attitude when he picked me up. He never gets cranky like that unless he has high blood sugar. This Rosie thing must really get to him. He will have the best time on tour with Nick C. They are good friends and he’d take him under his wing. I know Rosie would probably be worried about seeing Nick anyway. I’m not jealous of Rosie, I never could be. She’s like my sister and I love her too much and I know how much Nick meant to her.

Chapter End Notes:

please review :) thanks to Wendi for the first two reviews xx