- Text Size +
Chapter 15

I sat on the edge of the pool, my feet swinging in the water, so very lost in my thoughts. That kiss happened over two hours ago, and yet, it wouldn’t leave my mind. When Leigh caught us, Nick couldn’t leave fast enough. And yeah, I can understand that the kiss was wrong, but I knew him, and knew he felt that it was right. I sighed, yanked my shirt off, thankful I had changed into my swim suit before coming down, and dived in. Maybe the pools coolness will cool me down. I swam to the deep in, freezing as I heard a splash. I quickly turned around and about freaked as AJ showed up right in front of me, a huge grin on his face.

“What in the world are you doin’?”

“Same as you, swimming!” I rolled my eyes at his smart ass comment.

“Not funny, McLean.”

“I thought it was. Aight, I saw you sitting there, and it looked like something was bothering you. So, when you jumped in, I figured it would be okay if I jumped in. So, darlin’, you wanna talk?”

“Not to you.” His hand covered his heart and he cried.

“You wound me baby. What’s wrong?”

“I did something stupid.”

“Marrying Nick instead of me?” He laughed, but that faded off as he glanced my way. “Baby, what’s wrong?” I shook my head, attempting to swim by him. His hand snaked out and wrapped around my waist. “Theresa, talk to me.” I glanced up at him, and felt the start of the tears prick my eyes. And before I knew it, they came rushing out. AJ was taking back for a moment, before he swam us back to the shallow end, standing both of us up and finally wrapping his arms around me. I glanced into AJ’s eyes and felt his arms tighten around my waist. “Baby, it can’t be that bad.”

“Alex, I kissed Nick. He kissed me first, but he stopped and pulled back and I kissed him.”

“Why is that bad, sweetie?”

“Because he has a girlfriend. Afterwards, we got caught, but what if we hadn’t?”

“Who saw you?” I visibly cringed. “You’re alive, so it wasn’t Terri.”

“No, her friend, Leigh.”

“Yikes.”

“She said she won’t tell her, but you know that won’t last.” I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. “Nick, when he wants something, knows when and how to utter those sweet words. He’s had tons of practice.” AJ chuckled, his hands running up and down my back. “I want him happy, and I know deep down, she can’t make him happy. Personally, I love him and believe I can make him happy. I’m just not all too sure that he sees that.”

“We all know that Nick is blind. He let someone as special as you go. He really has to be stupid.” I laughed and wiped the remaining tears away.

“Thank you, Alex.”

“Aww, sweetie, I haven’t done anything.” His thumbs brushed over my cheeks. “Theresa, is there no room in your life for another man?”

“That’s not it. I just love him that much that I’ve never really been able to look at another man.”

“Boy, Nick is a huge fool. He really is tossing the love of an amazing woman aside for that.”

“You don’t find her attractive?”

“Looks wise, yes, she’s pretty. But, I always got a vibe from her and that always turned me off. And than when we first meet her, it was a big NO in my book. I think she turned LeighAnne and Kristen off right away too.”

“Which is what I still don’t get. Nick is aware of how you all feel.”

“True. But, Nick’s got it in his head he has no one to please but himself.”

“Which I can understand. But, he’s always listened to his brothers. It’s amazing to me to see him so different because of her.”

“To all of us, we see it. Even to those fans who love us.”

“Oh, so only a couple?” He narrowed his eyes and started to tickle me. “Okay, okay, all of them!” He smiled and he paused, his eyes holding mine. I could feel it, the underlying current that always ran between me and Alex. His lips lifted slightly before his head came closer and his lips brushed mine. After a few moments, he pulled away. “What was that for?”

“To show you that you are amazing.” I smiled and gave him a hug. Between Alex and I, there was a bond no one else really knew or could understand. It wasn’t a relationship type bond, but it was stronger than a friendship bond.

“Theresa, the kids want their mother.” I pulled away and turned to glance at Nick.

“Don’t sound so pissed.” I shook my head and walked out, grabbing my towel and wrapping it around me, waving bye to AJ and walking past Nick. I smirked, knowing both pairs of eyes were on me.

“What’s up Nick?” Nick turned and glared at Alex. “What?”

“You had to kiss her?”

“You mean kiss your EX-WIFE? Yes I did.”

“Well, don’t!”

“Hey, you said…”

“Just don’t!”

“Back it up Nick. You told me I could ask her out because you didn’t care.” Nick flinched, knowing that Alex spoke the truth. Yet, he didn’t wanna say why the kiss bothered him! He shook his head and turned his back on AJ, never seeing the smirk that crossed Alex’s face.



I stepped out of the elevator, staggering backwards as I ran into a solid chest. I frowned until I stared into those green eyes.

“Not funny, Kevin.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t think you would come all but running out.” I smiled; glad his hand had helped me with my balance.

“The kids back?” Kevin groaned, and I couldn’t help but smile. “That bad?”

“Man, I don’t know how you keep those two in check. I barely handled one.”

“And yours is only two!”

“I know. It’s so sad. So, did you take a dip with Alex?”

“Haha Richardson.” He winked and turned as he heard the ding behind him. I glanced around him, seeing Nick stop as he turned to us, his eyes getting darker.

“Him too!” I frowned, but before I could comment, or ask, the kids flew out of the room and ran to their dad, followed by Baylee.

“I thought they were supposed to be out of energy?” I asked, turning to LeighAnne, surprised to see Baylee fly at me, his arms opened wide. I picked him up, and tickled him, laughing as he started to squirm and squeal.

“Mommy, we had fun!” I turned to smile at Tamara, who was more than happy.

“Did you thank aunt Kristen for taking you?”

“Yes mommy. We had pizza, and played games. Daddy, you should have come. And mommy too.” Tamara started to squirm in her father’s grip, so he set her down, only to have her run towards me. “Mommy, I gotta tell you something.”

“Is it important?”

“Yes. It’s about Thomas.” My eyes glanced from her bright blue eyes to the darker shades of her brothers. Thomas hid his head in Nick’s shoulder as I glanced at him.

“Baylee, sweetie, let’s let them talk and you can get ready for bed.”

“Mommy, I don’t wanna go to bed.”

“Baylee, you listen to your mom tonight, and maybe I might take you, and all the other ones out for something special.” Baylee’s eyes lite up, reminding me of Brian in so many ways. Damn, were all these grown men just like kids? Baylee smiled, and quickly asked to be set down. “And you, young man, have some explaining to do.”

“Mommy, I don’t wanna!”

“Thomas, if you tell us the truth, you might not be in as much trouble.”

“Us? Nick, you need to get in this hotel room because we need to talk.” Both Nick and I turned to look at Terri. She placed her hands on her hips, sending me one hell of a nasty glare before turning her eyes to Nick’s.

“Honey, we can talk later.”

“No, we talk now.”

“Terri, hush. I won’t be very…”

“Every since those pain in the asses rolled up on this tour, they have ruined everything! All they do is get in trouble or get into everything! I wouldn’t be shocked in the least if they were possessed by demons! Little, annoying rug rats! They remind me of your ex wife in so many ways, always having to be in the mix, ruining everything, and most of the time, coming off as a bitch!”