- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Grr...things have been so crazy...and hopefully, I'm back to updating my stories...
Chapter 22

I stopped at the door, glancing back at AJ who held Tamara, both kids fast asleep. I smiled and finally managed to open the door, motioning for AJ to follow me to their room. He gently set her down, brushing a kiss over her forehead. I smiled once more and laid Thomas down. AJ walked over and gave the little boy a kiss, just like he did for his sister.

“You’re too sweet on them.” He chuckled as he shut the door behind us.

“They’re adorable kids. Although, they act like Nick way too much.” At that, I had to laugh, for everyone said that, and I had to agree.

“Do you want anything?”

“No, thank you. Sit down though, and talk to me. Something is up in that mind of yours.” I sat down on the opposite end of the couch.

“There’s not much going on.” AJ raised an eyebrow and I had to chuckle. I could never keep anything from this man. “I’ve kissed Nick, again, and every time, I’m making the first move, but I can tell he wants to. Today, well, it was the second time, and afterwards, I’m just not sure what he feels. And I’ll be honest, I hate seeing them together. If I could, I would leave.”

“And give up all that you’ve worked for? Resa, you changed to catch his attention, everyone knows this.”

“It wasn’t all for him. Yes, I wanted to seduce my ex husband back, believe me. I still don’t see how I can compare with her, though. This isn’t just a fade, I like how I look. But, even though you don’t like her, you have to admit that she has some type of sex appeal. I don’t have it, never had it.”

“That’s where your wrong, Theresa. You’ve told me your past, and if you ask me, I’d say Nick went into his own version of a depression and just got stupid. Nick can deny it to everyone, but we all know he loves you. Even Terri knows. And she’s worried now that you’re here, looking as good as you do.”

“Boy, flattery gets you no where.”

“Yes it does. So, you wanna tell me what got you worked up at dinner?” I blushed, trying to forget where my thoughts actually were at dinner. “Now, that’s a first.”

“Whatever. You really wanna know?”

“Yes, I do.”

“I was thinking about what Tamara asked. About me dating you.” AJ smirked and I just had to roll my eyes. “Whatever. Never mind.”

“I’m sorry. Why were you thinking about that?”

“I don’t know. If Nick hadn’t captured my heart, I think you’re the only other person I could have seen myself with.”

“Well, damn, should I be flattered over that?” I reached over to shove him, but his hand caught my wrist, pulling me slightly closer. “I have to admit, I have been thinking about it too.”

"Yeah, and what did you come up with?” His lips curled into that half smile that made all the females swoon, and even though my heart belonged to another, I wasn’t immune to his charm. His knuckles brushed over my cheek, his eyes holding mine. I smiled, and he returned it before his lips brushed mine. I whimpered as he pulled away. His hand entangled itself in my hair and his lips crushed mine, my arm wrapped around his neck, holding on for dear life as he took me on this journey. Moments later, we pulled away and inside, I felt so many conflicting emotions. Half of me loved that, the other half hated it.

“I’m sorry, Theresa.”

“For what?”

“I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Right now, I’m not saying yes or no.” He chuckled as he pulled further away. “You aren’t leaving, are you?”

“I don’t know. Are you gonna kick me out?” I shook my head, and he tugged me so I was laying on his chest. “Wanna watch a movie?” I knew that we had to talk about that kiss, but than again, it was a harmless kiss, probably just him showing me that I was desirable. I reached for the remote and handed it to him, more than content to stay on his chest, listening to his steady heart beat, to have his hands run through my hair, to fall asleep like this, actually.

-----
I groaned as someone tapped my arm again, than the pushing started to happen. I opened one eyes, surprised to find Thomas right there. I shifted and realized I wasn’t on a bed, but more like a person. My eyes opened wide and I pushed up, right on AJ’s stomach, causing him to grunt as he woke up.

“Okay, okay, I’m up,” he mumbled, his eyes opening just as wide as mine as he realized where he was.

“What happened?”

“We fell asleep.”

“We had a slumber party in the living room, Thomas, and no one told us.” I laughed and scooted off the couch.

“You two are up way to early.”

“We know. Can we watch cartoons?” I flicked the TV on and let the kids take the seat I just left. AJ got up too, walking over to the door. “Bye Uncle AJ,” both kids called out. I laughed as they never glanced back.

“Just like Nick.”

“Don’t you know it.” I held my hand on the door knob. “Thank you for everything last night, AJ. You really are a great friend. I know that I would be lost without you.”

“I know. No matter what, sweetie, I’ll always be here for you, you know that, right?”

“I do. Thank you.” I gave him a quick hug and opened the door. AJ smiled and walked out, but stopped. I frowned and peeked out as well, seeing Nick staring at AJ, than glare at me, anger flashing in his eyes. “Something wrong, Nick?” He swallowed his retort.

“I locked myself out.” I waved AJ away, who only winked at me as he turned and went into his room.

“Let me get dressed, than I’ll be over.” I laughed as Nick balled his hands up at his side. I grabbed my robe, quickly threw it on and than grabbed my key. “I’ll be right back, kids.”

“Okay.” I rolled my eyes as they keep their eyes glued to the TV. “How did you manage this?” I asked as I walked over to Nick.

“Just left, thought I had my key. That’s your key.”

“It’s the universal key, and I’m the only person who has a key to everyone room, for such cases, amongst others.” I slid the card in and smiled up at him, my eyes landing on that spot along his neck, my heart shattering into a million pieces. He kissed me yesterday with such passion and than he screwed her!