- Text Size +
Chapter 24

All eyes shot to him and inside, I wanted to die.

“Tamara, leave daddy alone.”

“But mommy, it looks bad. Does it hurt daddy?”

“Tamara!”

“No, Tamara, it doesn’t. Daddy was stupid and careless, and pinched himself this morning.” I played with the spoon, not even hungry for that shake anymore. I felt LeighAnne’s eyes on me, but I couldn’t meet her questioning gaze. Better yet, I didn’t want to meet that gaze, or anyone else’s for that matter.

“Oh. Does Terri do that too, because I’ve seen that on her?” I chocked on my shake, reaching for the glass of water, trying to help the ice cream down. “You okay mommy?”

“Yeah, baby, wrong pipe. Look, eat up, okay? Auntie LeighAnne bought that, so I don’t want to see it go to waste.” She nodded her head, knowing that anymore questions were just going to have to wait.

-----
I leaned against the back of the couch, watching as Kevin typed something into the computer, and I had to chuckle.

“Checking out the Twitter there, huh?”

“Yeah, it’s a great way to stay connected.”

“As if you all don’t have anything better to do?” Howie glanced over at me and beamed, before turning his attention back to the TV. “Hey, Kevin, was Kristen?”

“Leigh conned her into going to the spa today.”

“You two were left alone? I’m in shock.”

“Nah, daddy duty!” Howie announced, thrilled with that announcement.

“He’s here?”

“Asleep in the bed.” I smiled, and made my way to the bedroom, hearing him start to gurgle. I picked him up, his brown eyes huge in the tan skin, his black hair dark and curly.

“You’re just so adorable, yes you are! I’m going to keep you forever and ever,” I said, walking back into the living room.

“Um, hands off Resa, if that’s the case.” I stuck my tongue out at Howie, who only chuckled.

“You’re gonna get company. Everyone is coming over.”

“Why?” Kevin asked

“Because I’m the life of the party and I deem it so!” I laughed as Kevin rolled his eyes. “Mason, sweetie, your cousins will be here,” I heard the knock, “now.” With that, Mason came flying out of the room, more than eager to play with them, even in his tender age. Howie got off the couch and opened the door, standing back as everyone walked in. Nick was the last one and his eyes landed on me. He smiled and walked over.

“You miss holding them?”

“I do actually. At this age, their so innocent and sweet. Than you get that age,” I said, pointing to Mason. “Than there,” I pointed at the twins. “To that,” this time to Baylee. “And finally you,” this time, I was glancing at Nick.

“Hey now, I’m not that bad.” Everyone in the room laughed, including James.

“Even he knows better.” I laughed at Nick’s look. “Uh oh, daddy duty!” Howie looked at me as I handed James to him. “I don’t do diapers anymore.” Howie laughed as he got off the couch, baby in hand. I plopped down next to Kevin, peeking over his shoulder as Nick watched something on TV with LeighAnne, Brian, and AJ.

“Wanna see something?”

“No, I’m having fun watching the girls drool over you.”

“Why is that you all get a kick out of that?” LeighAnne’s eyes locked with mine and we busted out laughing.

“Because you guys are dorks! I mean, sure on stage, it’s all, well…sexy. But behind closed doors, if the fans knew you, believe me, the furthest thing from their mind would be sexy!”

“Not to mention, we know you, and all your nasty traits, habits, faults. How can we see what they see?”

“Very true, thank you LeighAnne.”

“Whatever, we’re still sexy.” I leaned over and kissed Kevin’s cheek.

“To best honest, you’re the best out of all these guys, anyway.”

“Music to my ears. But whatcha want?”

“Just to check my email.” He laughed as he placed the laptop on my lap.

“Enjoy it.” I beamed as I quickly logged in, scanned through my messages, and squealed. All heads turned to me but I waved them off.

“What’s got you so happy?” I opened the message, and quickly read the email, smiling as I turned to Nick.

“You remember Kris?” He thought if over for a minute before he nodded.

“Yeah, your friend from out east, right? Wasn’t that the one who sent that funky text as well?”

“Yes, and close enough. But yeah, she sent me an email, said she was thinking of coming to a couple shows, if she could get tickets, hint hint.”

“Oh, she’s using your status?”

“Nah, I just promised her a long time ago, if I could, I’d hook her up.” I quickly hit the reply button and sent a quick response, letting her know that I could arrange it for whenever she wanted, just to let me know.

-----
“Look here, Leigh, the whole gang is here.” I glanced from the TV to the doorway, seeing Kristen walk through, with Leigh and Terri following close behind. This was such a nice evening, why did she always ruin it?

“Terri, play nice,” Leigh said, walking over to Howie and a sleeping James. Terri walked over to Nick and sat on his lap, her arm wrapping around his neck.

“Sweetie, let’s to go our room.” I closed my eyes, not wanting to see that, or even hear that. Although, I heard the door to the bedroom open, heard the kids come out.

“In a minute, sweetie, let me say goodnight to the kids first.” Terri sneered before she got up, and allowed him to walk over to the kids.

“You know, he has every right to see them before they go to bed. After all, he is their father,” I commented as I stood up, facing her.

“I’m aware of that.”

“So stop getting so pissed because he wishes to see them.”

“I don’t need you to tell me what to do!”

“I’m not telling you, Terri, I’m only suggesting. It would make life a lot easier on you.”

“As if I need your advice.” She walked over to me. “Remember, I got your man, so who really needs advice.” With that, she walked over to Nick, her body molding to his as she pressed her lips against his, her tongue making its way into his mouth.