- Text Size +
Chapter 25

I watched the display for only a moment, before I closed my eyes, more than sick to my stomach. Not so much over her, but over the fact that he allowed it. This wasn’t my Nick. And it wasn’t that he hated a public display, that wasn’t it, he just hated to get used, and that’s what she was doing. I felt the arms around my legs and opened my eyes, glancing down at my kids.

“Let’s go,” I whispered, not even uttering a good bye or a wave, to ashamed and hurt to really care. They nodded as they held onto my hands and left. Once in my room, I ushered them off to bed, having them quickly brush their teeth and climb in to bed. I sighed as I sat down on the couch, not actually tired, more just emotionally drained. I closed my eyes, groaning as my phone beeped.

“Boss lady?”

“What’s up?”

“I’m having some issues, think you can come over?” My eyes stared at the phone’s time, reading it to be 11:07.

“10-4. I’ll be down shortly.” I quickly yanked open my door, seeing Terri enter their room. “Nick.” He stopped, and glanced at me, a frown on his face. “I hate to ask this, but Rick just paged me. I guess something has come up, and the kids are in bed. Think you can stay here while I check this out?”

“Yeah, just let me, you know.”

“Just come on in when you’re done there.” I closed the door, leaving it slightly ajar to allow him entrance. I made my way to my room, changing out of the tank top and into a tee shirt, grabbing my jacket, and checking my gun.

“That bad?” I swung around, glaring at him as he stood in my door way.

“How long have you been there?”

“Long enough to see your tattoos.”

“Long enough to see me changing. You could have said something.”

“Anyway, did AJ see you when you got those?”

“No, he was getting his own. He only bought them. I’m going to the arena.”

“Theresa, be careful.”

“No worries Nick.” I past by him, but his hand grabbed my upper arm.

“I’m serious.”

“Don’t worry about me, you don’t have to anymore.”

“That was cold, and you know that.”

“But the truth, and you know that.” His finger ran along my cheek.

“I thought we were friends, here. Don’t friends care?”

“Friends do. But friends don’t flaunt a mistress in front of one another face either.”

“I’m sorry. That was all on her. I was too stunned to pull away, to be honest.” I could see the truth in that statement. And, it didn’t surprise me, actually. Terri was always behind everything.

“I know. And I promise to be careful. Better?” At Nick’s nod, I smiled, and turned to walk away.

-----
“Okay, guys, it’s late, why am I here?”

“Theresa, we have to talk to you.”

“Rick, its 11:30, this couldn’t have waited until the morning?” As he shook his head, I knew it wasn’t good news that I was about to hear. “Okay, what’s going on?”

“We found something. I’m not saying it’s the guy’s, I’m just saying we found it backstage.”

“Found what?” He held out his hand, some joints in the middle of his palm. “Is that it?”

“Nope. We found a couple of needles, but no drugs.”

“Backstage, though, right?” Rick nodded. “Who found them?”

“Fernando.”

“Does anyone else know of this?”

“No.”

“Okay, I don’t want anyone else to know, either. If word got out, BSB would be screwed. And not that I’m saying it’s them, for it’s backstage, any crew member could have it. Let’s just it lay low for now. I’ll do some random room checks; make sure it’s not the guys.”

“You can do that?” I smiled at that.

“Head of security. I can do whatever I want. Not to mention management told me to keep an extra eye out. But, I know these guys, I know it’s not them, which makes me think it’s a member of the crew. But that’s still a huge no-no, and everyone knows that! Keep those locked up, too, and out of eye sight.”

“Right, boss lady.”

“Make sure everyone is on point tomorrow too, I don’t like this.”

“Check.”

“Oh, and Rick.”

“Yes?”

“Get Fernando, and go to bed. It’s late for you all to be up.”

“I know, but, well, we were coming from dinner and saw the door slightly open. We just wanted to make sure everything was okay.” I frowned, not liking that news one little bit either.

“Thanks. The next time that happens, beep me.” He nodded and turned to head out, stopping to talk to Fernando. I waved to them, making my way back down the hall way than down the dressing room corridor. I paused as I stopped at the first door, turning the knob slightly and entering the room. A quick glance showed nothing out of the ordinary. I walked over to the small dresser and opened the first drawer, sighing as I saw a pair of shades, right next to a bag that held two more joints.