- Text Size +
Chapter 27

I stood up, placing my hand in his, my eyes searching his again. He pulled slightly, bringing my body fully against his, his hands running down my arms to settle along my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers entangling in his hair as he once more captured my lips. He wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me as tight as he could as our kiss deepened, our bodies straining to touch each other. His hands fisted in my shirt, slowly pulling it up, his fingers brushing along my back as he completely took it off. His arms once more captured my waist and lifted me up, my legs wrapping around him as he carried me back to the bedroom, his eyes holding mine.

“You have no idea how long I’ve been denying that I wanted you. No idea how long I’ve been fighting to stay away from you.” Such music to my ears, and yet, deep inside, it still broke my heart for he had to stay away because of her. Mentally, I shook my head. This was my first real step in taking back my husband and I was not going to let thoughts of another female enter my mind. Or, actually, let those type of thoughts enter his either. He closed the door with his foot as he set me back down, his hands fluttering along my back, his fingers quickly unsnapping my bra. Yet, I pressed the material against my breasts. His brows pushed together and all I could do was shake my head. It had been quite a while since he had seen my naked. So, was I embarrassed, of course! I didn’t want him to see me and be thinking of her, or rather comparing, actually. His chuckle made my eyes snap to his.

“What’s so funny there?” He took a step closer, his fingers entangling in my hair, catching the back of my head and bringing my lips to his. Oh, that wasn’t fair. He knew exactly what card to deal in order to get his way, in order for me to surrender. And surrender, I did, for my hands started running over his chest, the material falling to the ground. He pulled away, a smirk playing along his lips, and all I could do was duck my head. But, his finger pushed my chin up and he shook his head.

“Believe me, baby girl, I have seen you before, nothing shocks me. I just don’t remember you looking as beautiful as you do now.” Look, there went those pretty words again. He ducked his head, his lips, tongue and teeth bringing such enjoyable torment to my body. I pulled away, watching as his lips pouted. “Hey, I was enjoying that.”

“Oh, I know you were.” I walked around him, my hands quickly yanking off his shirt, my lips brushing along his back, my nails gently scrapping. “But I promise, you’ll enjoy this much more.” I stood before him once more, my hands running down his chest as my lips trailed over his neck, closing my eyes and mind to that spot, although, it should have been the slap in the face that we needed, for wasn’t I now becoming the “other woman”? He growled, his body pushing me back steadily, my legs hitting the bed. Damn, he was smooth. Here I was trying to fight for control and yet, he still took it. I feel back, losing my balance, as he knew I would. His hands quickly removed the remainder of his clothes and my eyes hungrily drank in the sight before me. There wasn’t a spot on this man that I didn’t love, and my smile grew as I watched him get harder.

“Now, baby girl, that’s one hell of an evil smile.” His hands moved along my waist as he quickly unsnapped my jeans, and yanked off the rest of my clothes, his lips kissing along my legs.

“But you should know that when that evil smile comes around, there’s always more pleasure for you.” He winked at that, knowing full well just what that meant. His lips captured mine once more as he slowly entered, my body crying out for his.

-Inside, hell, even outside, his body shuddered. Her hands ran through his hair, her tongue caressed his, her legs fit so naturally around his waist; all of this was right. And all the pleasure he had was for her and her alone. Her fingers drove him wild, her kisses made him want her, her body made him crave her, yet her passion, her love, is what pushed him over. He knew deep within, this was not a good idea, but he couldn’t walk away from her. In so many ways, she was like a drug.

Her nails dug into his shoulders and that made him shudder. No one, ever, had made him crave something, or want something, or demand to have something, like she had. And she never spoke it, never would have either, but he could hear it, his body was too attuned to hers. He moved steadily, wanting to hold onto this pleasure for as long as he could. His eyes took her in, watched as her eyes closed, watched as she pulled her lip between her teeth. And those two points, he wouldn’t allow.

“Don’t you dare close those gorgeous eyes, baby girl. It’s even more thrilling to watch those eyes burn for me.” He watched, fascinated as her lips curled into that evil smile that she had so long ago perfected.

“I guess the same can go both….ways. Your eyes get darker.” Oh, shit, when had mere words been such an aphrodisiac to him? Her breath caught once more and she pulled that lip in between her teeth. His rhythm slowed, and even though it killed him, he would teach her yet. She frowned and he leaned over to her ear, gently nipping on the lobe.

“You know I love to hear those passionate cries leave that all too tempting mouth.” He kissed along her neck, knowing that even though it was a slower pace, he couldn’t hold out. -

I could feel it, could feel the all consuming fire raging in both him, and me, and though I wanted to last, I knew it wouldn’t, it couldn’t. I turned my head to his, my lips capturing his, my nails running down his spine, my muscles clenching him. He lips pulled away, his body starting to shudder, his moan resounding in my ear, and inside, that triggered my own release, my moan mixing along with his.

“That was unbelievable, baby girl.” Hearing that name, it sent shivers down my spine and goose bumps down my arm. I had learned early on, that was my special nick name, and it pleased me even more to know he never once called Terri that.

“It was amazing.” I could the feel his eyes on me, yet still refused to look at him. Okay, I was still embarrassed here. Never had it felt so good, so right between us. And to myself, I had to smile, picturing that he would stay the night and that we would be wrapped up in each other’s embraces. That come tomorrow, he would tell Terri there was no more them and that he would come back to me. This time, I wouldn’t make him beg for forgiveness, for after that, I couldn’t.

“I gotta go.” That we would…wait, what did he just say? Gotta go? As in leave? He quickly pulled away, his eyes searching out his jeans.

“Wait, what? Go?”

“You know I can’t stay.” I reeled back, feeling like I had just been slapped in the face. Never, in all my years of living, had I ever felt more used! I felt like I was nothing more than a cheap whore, except, I wasn’t getting any money out of this deal!

Nick turned, his eyes taking in the features, and knew he hurt her, but knew he had to. Knew that his next words actually were probably going to cut her even more, but he knew of no other way to cut this string that was there, to get this drug out of his system.

“I suppose I do.”

“I love Terri, Theresa. Did you think I would want you for anything more than a lay?”