- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
That means I only got 50+ more chapters to add...yikes!
Chapter 30

I watched as they stopped talking, watched at Terri walked back into the building, leaving the guy alone. I frowned, making my way over there, stopping just right behind him.

“Excuse me.” He turned a look of shock in his eyes. “Aren’t you Joe?”

“Yeah. What’s it to you?”

“Theresa, head of security.” He paled, and actually looked rather nervous. He swallowed, his hands digging into his pockets.

“Yeah. What can I help you with?”

“How do you know Terri?” I asked, nodding my head at the building.

“I knew her a long time ago.”

“Where you from Joe?” Damn, I needed to change the line of questions.

“Born and raised in Florida.”

“That’s where you currently live still?”

“Yeah. Look, did I do something?”

“Not as of yet, unless you’re the one not putting things away and causing accidents?”

“It’s your job to check that out?” I took a step closer, my eyes narrowing into slits, loving how he actually looked worried, even though he was bigger than me.

“It’s my job to make sure those boys, who pay your pay check, are safe. If someone isn’t doing their job, it’s my ass that will fire them, do I make myself clear?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Good. So, is it you?” He shook his head. “Well, will you let me know if you see anyone?”

“Yes.”

“Thank you.” He nodded and made a beeline into the arena. Well, he hadn’t known Terri from way back when, not if Florida was his home. Thanks to those little twins who couldn’t stop talking, I was well aware that Terri had never left California. So, how did Joe know Terri?

-----
“You look like AJ.” I smiled as I tossed a glance over at Kristen. “Well, you do. He always wears those shades.”

“It’s his trademark.”

“Mmhmm.” I took the shades off, pinching the bridge of my nose, not opening my eyes. “Theresa?” Without thinking, I turned to Kristen. “Oh, girl, could those eyes be anymore puffy and red?”

“Who’s eyes?” I quickly pulled the shades back on, hearing AJ’s voice right behind me.

“No ones, AJ.”

“Right, on that. Kevin was just looking for you, Kristen. I think Mason got upset at his dad and wanted his mommy.”

“Poor baby, Kevin is gonna give that boy issues.” She laughed though, as she walked off to Kevin’s dressing room.

“Resa?” I turned to him, smiling.

“That’s me. What’s up?”

“I should be asking you. What’s with the shades?” I tried to shake my head, but AJ’s eyebrow shot up and I knew I wouldn’t be able to lie. “Does it have to do with that asshole?”

“That’s your best friend.”

“Who’s being a jackass by hurting an amazing woman. It was him!”

“Yes, it was him.”

“What happened?”

“Nothing I want to talk about here, okay?”

“Theresa!”

”Alex, if you love me, please, not here.” AJ nodded and I saw the concern there. I lost it, letting the tears flow once more, which took him by surprise. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me tightly into his embrace.

“Sweetie, it’ll be okay, I promise.”

“No, don’t say that, because you really don’t know that, do you?” I didn’t have to see him shaking his head, I knew he was. In fact, we both knew it. I rested my head on his shoulder, grateful for his silent strength. And deep down, no matter how much I flirted with this man, no matter how many times I thought about him and I, that just never would happen. Not because I loved Nick, but because I loved Alex as my best friend and the last thing I wanted was him to leave my side. I gave him a squeeze, heard the call for the Boys to hit the stage. “Go, I’ll be okay.” He kissed my cheek and dashed after the guys. I took a deep breath, catching those blue eyes before he turned to follow the other guys.

-----
My eyes scanned the crowd, smiling at how many young ladies were out there, screaming for these guys. I shook my head, felt someone rest their arm on my shoulder and heard LeighAnne’s chuckle as well.

“Doesn’t it just crack you up?”

“Like you wouldn’t believe! They’re cute, I’ll give ‘em that.” She laughed, and I joined her.

“Those poor girls. If they only knew.”

“Right LeighAnne. We all know that Brian is no saint!” Her blush gave her away. “And you knew that prior to saying I Do!”

“May I ask what made you fall for him?” Shit, the last thing I wanted to think about was my past with that ass! I pushed the glasses further up, hoping it would really stop anymore tears.

“Other than those big blue eyes or golden blonde locks?”

“You read the fan fiction?”

“I’ve read a couple. It’s hilarious to me. I get out a kick of how many ways they kill me off. Or rather, killed me off.”

“Now it’s Terri.”

“She’s dead in more stories than I can count!”

“You’re not getting away from it.” I sighed, resting my arm against the wall as I watched the guys sing and dance for the crowd.

“He was funny.”

“That’s it?”

“When Nick and I meet, there was something there, we both felt it, both knew it. That automatic spark? But, I wasn’t looking for a relationship, and he sure as hell didn’t need one. So, to make us less nervous, he always made me laugh.” I paused, hearing the tapping of heels as they walked along the walk way, stopping, and leaned against the other side of the wall.

“So, LeighAnne, when is our next movie night?”

“Soon. In fact, probably tomorrow night. We’re staying in the hotel for one more night while the guys get that free day tomorrow.”

“Oh, sweet. Been looking forward to it.” I had to stop the laugh that was about to emerge. I knew LeighAnne too well and knew she was rolling her eyes. All three of us knew Terri was lying, so why she had to play it off, who the hell knew?

I turned my attention back to the guys, hearing the opening cords to ‘I’ll Never Break Your Heart’. I had to smile, always loving this song. And for some unknown reason, my eyes stayed glued on Nick. Not that he did any sexy moves, thanks to Terri, and he most certainly wouldn’t do it during this song. My eyes quickly glanced to the front row, seeing him eye the camera the girl held. I shook my head, yet I felt my jaw drop as Nick stuck his finger in his mouth, than ran it down his chest! I heard the girls start to scream, heard the gasp from LeighAnne, but above all that, I heard the growl from Terri!