- Text Size +
Chapter 33

“You bitch! What the hell, are you jealous of an ex-wife? That’s real rich.”

“Jealous? Of you? Please! You ain’t got anything on me, and never will. And you only wish you had what I have!”

“Why the hell would I want to look and act like you? Skanks and hoes don’t rate very high in my book!” I rubbed the sore spot and glared at her. “And don’t you ever lay a hand on me again, or you’ll regret it.” She only rolled her eyes, her fingers pushing into my arm.

“Touching you, what are you gonna do about it?” I flung her arm off, my other hand connecting with her cheek.

“I said don’t touch me!” Terri’s eyes registered shock before her hand reached out, yanking on my hair. I growled, one arm trying to throw her hands off of me, but she only tugged harder, pulling my head back. I yelped, getting really annoyed and threw another slap. She instantly let go, but before I could lunge again, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

“Son of a bitch, AJ, just leave us the hell alone.”

“Not on your life, ladies. Shit, AJ, we need Nick!” Brian muttered, glancing over at AJ as he tried to restrain me.

“Let me go, damn it! I won’t kill her; just arrange a thing or two!”

“Oh, bring it on, Resa. I’ll do more than rearrange a few things!” I growled, actually breaking free of AJ’s hold and tried to lunge for her, but I was more than unaware Kevin had stepped into the room. His arms quickly caught me.

“I don’t think so!”

“Richardson, you better let me go!”

“AJ, go get Nick, he’s in Resa’s room. And you, shut it, I’m not letting you go.”

“Oh, come on, one more swing won’t hurt anyone! The little bitch can handle it!” All eyes turned to Terri, somewhat shocked by her display of violence. AJ rushed into the hallway, banging on the door. Nick yanked it open, surprised to find AJ there.

“What?”

“You need to get to your room. Your girlfriend and your ex were about to kill each other.” Nick sighed, glanced back at the twins and than at AJ. “I’ll stay, just go.” Nick ran down the hallway, walking into the room, watching them bicker for another few moments before he let his presence be known.

“You right, this bitch can handle it, and I’ll knock your ass out with pleasure!” I yelled, wanting more than to knock Terri’s ass down.

“I’m stronger than you think, wench. Come on!”

“What the hell is going on?” Nick shouted, not sure if he should laugh, or be pissed off.

“One hell of cat fight, Nick! Theresa, release the claws, you’re breaking skin.” I took a couple of deep breaths, slowly nodding my head.

“Let me go, Kev.” He held me for another minute before I looked at him. “I’m fine, I promise.” He nodded, letting me go and backing away.

“Can I let you go too?” Brian asked.

“Sure, I’ll behave, so long as the bitch stays away.” I growled, almost ready to attack again.

“Damn, stop it! I think the twins are acting better than you here!” Nick crossed his arms over his chest, glancing from one lady to the next. “Who’s gonna explain what’s going on here!”

“A rather heated fight. She slapped me, I slapped her. Amazingly enough it was over you.” Nick’s eyes locked with mine before he turned to Terri.

“Why were you fighting over me?” I bit my lip, watched at Terri just ducked her head and cleared my throat.

“Look, it’s nothing.”

“Bull shit it’s nothing. AJ came pounding on the door and I see both Brian and Kevin having to hold onto you two. No, it’s something and I demand to know what the hell is going on? Why are two adults acting like a set of twins?”

“She told me to stay away as if I was trying to steal you away.” I could feel the change in Nick, but he covered it up rather well.

“That’s crazy Terri. You know I’m not in love with her anymore.” I felt the blow and tried so very hard not to even flinch. There was the jist of it and damn did it hurt. He glanced at me before he turned to her. “What do I need to do to prove it you here?”

“Nothing! Because I’m not stupid! I can see what’s going on. You still love her Nick!” With that, she stormed past Nick, not wanting to hear anymore. I pulled my lip between my teeth, not wanting to look at him. I glanced around, for the first time actually realizing the power had kicked back on.

“I don’t love you.”

“So you’ve said before.”

“I mean it, Theresa. I’m in love with Terri.”

“Great. It means shit to me, Nick!” I turned and looked at him, praying my tears wouldn’t fall. “Go after her.”

“I want this clear…”

“It’s crystal clear. We get along for the kids sake, and go back to how things were before, when I hated you and you hated me. I understand.”

“I don’t…”

“Save it.”

“You know, I hate to admit it, but she’s right.” I cocked my eyebrow up, waiting for the rest of that comment. “You can be a bitch.” I snarled, my hand lifting up, but his hand quickly grabbed my wrist, applying more pressure and I winced. “No more of that. You’re not my wife anymore, nor do I wish for you to be.” With that, he flung me back, quickly stalking out of the room and in search of Terri. I rotated my wrist, wincing as the pain shot through it, seeing the slight bruising already.

-----
I leaned against the window, smiling as the two kids beside me were jumping up and down. I pointed as the plane started taxing to the walkway and if it was possible, both kids got even more hyper. I laughed, waiting as the plane stopped and started unloading the passengers. I had paid for the flight, so Kris and Rena, her five year old daughter, should have been in first class, which means they should be stepping out…now. I saw her, and screamed, causing her to turn in our direction. She ran, Rena keeping up with her.

“Oh my gosh, Kris, it’s so amazing to see you again.”

“Damn, same here honey! Wow. You look amazing!” She commented as she pulled away. She glanced down at my side, smiling as to two kids lunged into her arms as same Rena flung herself at me. She picked them both up, her smile slowly fading as she took in the brace on my wrist. Her eyes flung towards mine.

“You have a brace on your wrist and a cut on your cheek. What the hell happened?”