- Text Size +
Chapter 35

“I don’t like her.” We stepped off the elevator and started making our way down the hallway.

“Now, honestly Kris, you don’t know.”

“As if I want to know. Give me a break! She’s bitchy, rude…”

“Talking about Terri.” We stopped and turned, seeing a smiling LeighAnne leaning against her doorframe.

“LeighAnne, I want you to meet one of my best friends. This is Kris, Kris this is LeighAnne! She’s the only other person I think who really understands me. Well, except AJ, but than again…it’s AJ.” Kris held out her hand.

“It’s a pleasure.”

“Thank you. Same here. So, ladies, are we having a ladies day?” I glanced over at Kris.

“It’s her vacation here. Oh, I’m so sorry. Rena, sweetie, this is LeighAnne, this is Kris’s baby Rena.”

“You’re a pretty lady.” LeighAnne dropped down to eye level.

“And your way too damn adorable. Thank you.” LeighAnne stood back up and smiled.

“Where’s Baylee?” I asked, hearing no commotion from inside the room.

“With Brian, who’s with Kevin and Kristen and Mason.”

“I wasn’t aware everyone was here, Resa.”

“It’s the BSB family, Kris! Do you wanna do something? I think the guys have a sound check around five, than they chill, a concert, than they rush back here. This is the last hotel for a few days too, just so you know.”

“Well, on that note, I’m thinking it’s best. What about the kids?” I glanced at LeighAnne. The only person left was Leigh and D and though I loved D, I just couldn’t stand Leigh right now.

“They go with. Unless you wanna leave Rena with Nick and Terri?”

“Over my dead body. But, aren’t you supposed to be watching the guys or something?”

“Kinda. I guess its part of my job. I am allowed days off, even on tour. And it’s not really a day off, because my protection services goes to wives, and sorry to say, girlfriends.”

“Eww, I’m so sorry.” The three of us busted out laughing.

“Well, she doesn’t need to know that. So, it’s a game plan than?” The other ladies nodded their heads. “Great, let’s get the show on the road than!”

-----
“Wanna check out the arena?” I asked, stopping at the hotel to drop our bags off. “Maybe we can pick up Kristen too. She’s just as much fun!”

“And what are we gonna do there?”

“We can be stars! The stage should be up and we can fool around. Come on ladies, you know you want to.” We all giggled as we made our way to our floor, the kids giving us strange looks. I gave Kris the key and made my way over to Kev’s hotel room, knocking softly. A few seconds later Kristen opened.

“Hey there.”

“Whatcha y’all doin?”

“Kevin and Mason both crashed. Me, I’m just chillin. Why? What are you up to?”

“My best friend is in town and I was gonna take her to the arena. Than we might fool around.”

“You mean, mess around with the guys’ stuff and risk getting in trouble?”

“But of course. Isn’t that the joy of anything, pissing off the guys?” She giggled and nodded her head.

“Meet you down in the lobby.”

-----
I opened up my laptop and set up the music player, smiling as Kris walked around the stage.

“You like?”

“It’s amazing. It’s the first time I’ve ever been on a stage.”

“Yeah, it’s pretty cool. Oh, gosh, the coolest was Millennium. I loved that stage.” I hit shuffle and turned it up as the music started playing, watched as the kids started dancing.

“Are you gonna tell us how you actually hooked up with Nick here?” I turned my attention from the kids to the girls, Kris sitting by them on the edge of the stage.

“Why do you wanna know?”

“Because I wanna know how he could go from someone as cool as you to a damn hoe like Terri. The other day Leigh was actually telling me that Terri can be annoying. If her best friend is starting to dislike her, that has to say something.”

“No one likes her Kristen. Hell, poor Kris just met her this morning and didn’t like her.”

“Yeah, slightly biased much?” I rolled my eyes at that.

“Look, I don’t think Nick and I are getting back together.” The three stopped smiling and stared at me, clearly shocked. “No matter what tricks I may use, I think he’s still gonna pick her.” I crossed my arms over my chest, glanced at the kids as the music switched and took a deep breath.

“Theresa, what happened?” My eyes flashed to LeighAnne’s before they went to Kris.

“The other night, when you called, Kris, the night that I was crying…”

“I knew you were. But, yes, go on. What did he do?”

“He…treated me no better than a whore.”

“What the hell do you mean?”

“We…well, we slept together. And here I was thinking things were going to get better when he told me that all he needed was a lay, or something like that.”

“Where is he? I’ll kill him myself.”

“Kris! No. Look, it was stupid…” I quickly shut up, hearing other voices.

“You did that? You son of a bitch! What the hell gives you that right?” With that, I saw Nick stagger onto the stage, AJ right there as well. “You treat her like a whore when you’re jumping from woman to woman?” Nick slowly stood up, but before he could make a move, AJ’s fist flew into his stomach; the other flew at Nick’s nose. I watched, surprised as Nick quickly pinched his nose, the blood coming out.