- Text Size +
Chapter 37

AJ quickly spun around, his eyes narrowing at the blonde man standing there. I squeezed AJ’s arm and shook my head.

“None of your business!”

“You lied…”

“Shut up Nick! It really isn’t any of your concern. Damn, stop being the possessive jealous type of person.”

“I am not!” I raised my eyebrow and shook my head.

“Don’t pout either!” I turned on my heel and walked back to the stage, smiling as both twins waved and started running over to me. “What are you two doing?”

“Uncle AJ came in and spun us around, but Rena wants to do that…”

“But she doesn’t know Uncle AJ.” I glanced from the eager face of Thomas to the overjoyed face of Tamara. Nick’s kids, no doubt.

“I think I can do something. Go play with Kris, kay?” They nodded and ran off. I squatted down by Rena, who only smiled at me. “You wanna do what they did with AJ?” She bit on her nail, nodding her head. I reached out my hand and she grasped it, falling in step with me. “He looks scary, but he really is a teddy bear. He’s very sweet.” I stepped up to Alex, a smile tugging at my lips. “This is Kris’s baby, Rena. She saw you swinging the twins and wanted to do it.” He beamed before falling down to a knee.

“Rena is such a pretty name.” She giggled. “I’m Alex. Wow, you’re pretty, just like your mom.”

“Thank you,” she mumbled out. He held his arms out to her and she willingly walked into them, laughing as he swung her around.

“Did I miss something? She’s never that open with anyone.” I raised my eyebrow and glanced at her over my shoulder.

“You have.” I turned, placing my hand on her arm. “He’s not my boyfriend,” I whispered, before I turned away. I watched as the twins danced, than screamed as Nick stepped on stage, and than they both ran over.

“You two trying to be like daddy?”

“Of course. Even know some songs.” I rolled my eyes. Some? They were worse than the fans!

“Really? Like what?” Tamara glanced over at me before over, tugging on my pant leg.

“What baby?”

“Play THAT song, please?” I frowned before I started to laugh, finally seeing the remaining guys walk on stage.

“Go, show daddy and I’ll play it.” She nodded and ran back over to Nick. I walked over to my laptop, looked through my player and laughed as the song jumped out. “Kay babies, it’s playing.” I let the opening cords play; laughing all the more as all five guys heard the words to ‘Loverboy’. Although, I was clutching my stomach as I saw the look on all their faces as they watched two five year old twins sings a song they had no understanding of.

“Where did you get that?” I shrugged at Nick.

“Around. All fans have a way of getting tons of things. They totally love that song.”

“But they don’t know what they’re singing.”

“Duh, Brian. Neither did Nicky boy when you all were singing it. And Tamara didn’t know what a bit…what a female dog was either and she said it. You know it was so very cute. I mean, look at them; they wanna be little BSB’s. Can you blame them? Get Baylee and Mason as well, and you’re pretty much there! Oh wait, fifth is James, sorry D.”

“He’s still a tad young.”

“Eh, he can play Nicky’s role!” I laughed even harder as I saw the glare Nick sent in my direction.

“Hey, you two little mini BSBs, wanna play the drums?” I rolled my eyes, knowing this was nothing more than a noise making session. They jumped up, quickly following him to his drum set.

“Did he teach you how to play?”

“The drums? Yeah, I know. Not very well, but I always had a thing for learning them and it was just another common factor that we had, so he taught me. Why you askin’ D?”

“The kids love it, he loves showing them, just wondering if he showed you.”

“Yup, he did.” I watched as he pulled Thomas on his left leg and Tamara on his right, allowing each kid one drumstick and allowing them to hit as hard as they could. “Told ya, noise makers!” I laughed once more, before something caught my attention. I glanced over by the doorway, seeing Terri talking to that Joe guy again, before throwing her hands up in the air. The guy got upset, shook his head, and left the scene. I frowned, watching as she walked onstage and over to Nick.

“We have to talk.” He frowned and shook his head. “Ugh, would you two please stop it! That’s nothing more than noise and that’s more than annoying and I need to talk to your father! I mean NOW!” Both kids stopped and glanced up at Terri, who had more than just let loose her anger, again! The twins both pouted, which caused her to get even more frustrated. “There you two go again, acting like spoiled babies! I swear, between your father and mother, they spoil you rotten. So what if someone raises their voice!”

“Terri, that’s enough.” Both kids hugged onto their father, their heads buried in his chest.

“No, Nick, that’s not enough. I’m sick of this. I need to talk to you, and they won’t stop…” I crossed my arms over my chest, watching as Nick slowly stood up.

“Sick of it? These are my kids, Terri. If you’re getting sick of this so flipping ass early on, how the hell can you handle a lifetime of them?” Both kids clung onto his neck as he moved away from the drum set. “Maybe you need to think about that. I’m not sure how to make it anymore clear to you that when you want forever, forever comes with these two and an ex-wife who is still my friend. I tried that part time role as a father and I didn’t really care for it, all to make you happy. Well, guess what, it won’t happen again. These kids will always be around, and if you don’t like that, than I think you need to think twice.” With that, he walked off stage, leaving her behind with her mouth hanging wide open. I stared after him, more in shock than I thought possible.

-----
“Hey, what are you doing here?” I quickly turned around and smiled at LeighAnne.

“What do you mean?” She stepped into the room and crossed her arms.

“I mean, what are you doing in Brian’s dressing room?”

“Oh, I um, was, I thought I heard something in here.” She raised her eyebrow.

“What, is Brian sneaking in groupies?” I laughed, shaking my head.

“No, not that I’m aware of. All the fans know he’s off limits anyway. Most are way too scared of you!”

“Hey, I’m a sweetheart. Or at least nicer than you were.” I rolled my eyes, which made her chuckle. “At least we’re nicer than a certain girlfriend.” I groaned.

“Had to mention her didn’t ya?” I linked my arm through hers as we left the room, closing the door behind us.

“For real, Resa, what were you looking for in Brian’s room?”

“Nothing LeighAnne. I really thought I heard someone in there. There’s just a couple strange things going on and I’m just making sure everything is okay. No one sneaking in to places they shouldn’t be, or doing things they shouldn’t. That’s all.”

“I’m supposed to believe that?” I stopped, glancing around and than turned to her.

“LeighAnne, I’m asking you as my friend, believe me. It’s my job; I know how to do it rather well. There’s been some, again, strange things going on. I can’t tell you, can’t share it, don’t ask. But I’m asking you to believe me, to trust me. No one is in danger, but I’d rather be able to say that confidently now, than smacking my forehead later saying ‘oh shit’!”

“I do trust you. But, I heard you got called out here the other night. Well, not here, but to the arena. And now you’re doing spot checks?” I shook my head, pleading with my eyes.

“LeighAnne…” I stopped, seeing Fernando waving me over. “Look, go back on the bus, okay? I’ll be there shortly.” She nodded her head and I made my way over to Fernando, who shook his head at me. I frowned before I had even stepped to him. He raised an eyebrow before opening his hand. I sighed, picking up the bag.

“It was in his dressing room.”