- Text Size +
Chapter 39

Terri smirked, easing away from the door way. Well, if Resa didn’t want him, good. Maybe Nick would finally understand that nothing would happen there and come back to her. Oh, she never really lost him, she knew that. He was just being blinded, like how everyone else was. Theresa wasn’t all sweet and charming, rather more annoying and bitchy. Terri rolled her eyes, walking back up towards the middle part of the bus, watching as the kids sat playing some stupid ass video game. Terri rolled her eyes. Lord, how she hated those stupid things.

“Terri, want to play?” She glanced at Thomas and rolled her eyes again.

“No.”

“Oh, want to watch a movie. Tamara and I have a collection.”

“Spend time with you two, never!” Tamara glanced at Terri before turning back to the TV, shrugging her slender shoulders.

“Want to play a game?”

“Look, Thomas, I don’t want to spend time with you if I don’t have to, okay? Leave that up to your mother and father, they want you around, I don’t.” Tamara dropped her controller and stood up, her eyes blazing, her hands going to her hips. “What, gonna be like your mom?”

“I don’t know what daddy sees in you.”

“I’m good for him and he knows it.”

“No, you’re fat, ugly, nothing like my mommy. No one likes you either.”

“Why you snot nose, pain in my ass, little brat! What the hell do you know anyways!”

“I know enough. I know I don’t like you. I know my mommy loves my daddy and my daddy loves my mommy. And I know my daddy will never marry anyone like you!” With that, Terri walked right over to Tamara, her hand connecting with the little girl’s cheek.

“I will be your step mother and you will show me some respect!” Tamara’s eyes blazed once more before running out of the room, straight to the back of the bus, falling on my lap.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Her head popped up and I saw the red hand print. “Who?”

“Terri, mommy.” I glanced at Kris before jumping of the couch, in search of her. I found her, her hand on her hips, glaring at Thomas.

“You bitch! You stupid ass bitch!” She quickly turned around and glared at me.

“What? I told you someone needs to discipline her.”

“You will never lay a hand on my child again! I will kill you if you do.” Terri’s eyebrow popped up at that.

“Is that a threat?”

“Hell no, that’s my promise!” Terri smirked, her hand inching out and shoving Thomas. I smiled, walked over to her, and let my fist fly, laughing all the more as she staggered backward, straight into the entertainment center. “I keep my promises little girl, remember that. You have nothing on me Terri. You might be slightly, and by that I mean months only, younger than me, but I’m stronger. I will beat your ass down and you know it. Don’t tempt me again!” I glared at her, motioning the kids to leave.

-----
“You didn’t!”

“I did LeighAnne! I was tired of her. And I have a serious problem with her and my kids. Nick isn’t handling it and that was the push. She slapped Tamara, she slapped my baby. And why? Because Tamara told her that she was ugly and fat and that Nick and I loved each other! That’s why!”

“Well…” I raised my eyebrow at her, Kris doing the same thing. “I’m joking. Gosh, no it wasn’t right. So you punched her?”

“As if you wouldn’t do it over Baylee! Come on! These are our kids, LeighAnne! You don’t allow some stranger in the midst and just allow them to attack the little ones!”

“You’re right. I just…damn, I would have loved to have seen that.”

“It was great, it felt great too.” I stood up, trying to smooth the skirt out, and made my way over to the soda machine.

“I need to talk to you.” I glanced behind me and shrugged at Nick.

“Sorry, I’m working.” I pulled the cup away and turned, but Nick’s hand grabbed my arm.

“I don’t care. We need to talk.” I glanced down at his hand before glancing at him.

“Let me go Nick.” He released me but his eyes held mine. “There’s nothing to say.”

“What about Terri?”

“What about her?”

“You punched her. What right did you have?” I clenched my jaw. “She did nothing; I mean, come on…” I growled, throwing the soda in his face.

“Nothing? NOTHING! You call slapping your daughter and shoving your son, nothing? I warned her, and I warn you, you damn asshole, she lays a hand on my kids, I will kill her,” I got out through clenched teeth.