- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Woohoo...half way there...or almost half way there! Thank goodness. And once again, I'm sorry guys!
Chapter 40

“How long are we going to be in town?” I glanced up from the corner of the stage and over at Terri who was staring at Nick, the black eye more then evident, and hell, that was two days ago! Nick shrugged, turning his attention away from her. After our talk, so to speak, he never asked exactly what happened, and I’m not sure if the asked the kids, but he sure as hell was giving his girlfriend there a rather cold shoulder. “Nicky baby, how long?”

“We have three days. Another break for the guys.”

“Thanks Leigh, you’re a doll.” She walked over to Leigh, tossing a glance at Nick before heading out of the arena.

“You’re awfully quiet.” I turned and smiled at Kris.

“Nicks pissed off at Terri. But he hasn’t talked to me and the kids haven’t mentioned it to me if he’s talked to them.”

“And let me guess, you’re enjoying that?”

“Oh, immensely. I had so wanted this to happen. Just actually never thought I would see it.”

“You’re worse than me.” I turned and looked at her, eyebrow raised.

“Kris, darling, no one is worse than you. Excuse me; I got something to check out.”

“By all means.” Kris sat down on the edge of the stage, lost in her own thoughts.

“Hey you, whatcha doin for lunch?” Kris looked up as AJ walked over to the end of the stage and looked down at her.

“Well, uh, I was just taking Rena to lunch, nothing to special, why?”

“Would you mind terribly if I offered to take you two out?”

“No, but why would you?”

“Let’s just say that I’m finding you a rather interesting person to talk to.”

“Oh, that’s it huh?” She grinned up at him, laughing all the more as Rena ran over, attaching herself to his leg, followed by Tamara, who attached herself to his other leg.

“Hey, every guys dream, two beautiful girls attached to his legs. How lucky am I?”

“Uncle AJ! Why you talkin’ to Aunt Kris for? You like her?” AJ’s eyes opened wide and Kris covered her smile.

“I’m, uh, I’m talking to her because I want to get to know her, little missy! Why are you asking?”

“You don’t like my mommy anymore?”

“That, little girl is none of your business. Now come on Tamara, let Uncle AJ and Aunt Kris talk.”

“But mommy, Rena gets to stay!” I glanced over at Kris than at AJ, smiling all the more.

“Rena is Kris’s daughter, your mine! Let’s go! Besides, daddy is looking for you.”

“Oh, bye guys!” With that, she jumped off the stage and straight into my arms.

“Bye you two. Oh, and uh, have fun.” I laughed as I walked away, knowing those two were blushing.
“Daddy wants me?”

“Yes he does. Something about McDonalds for lunch?”

“The four of us, like old times?” I paused in my step, glancing at her before glancing at Nick.

“If mommy wants to come sweetheart, than yes, just the four of us.”

“Where’s your girlfriend?” I asked.

“With her friends. I think she sorta figured I was a little upset.”

“Just a little Nick?” He grinned, picking up both kids and heading out to the limo.

-----
“Don’t you get tired of fast food?” Three heads turned to look at Kris, who glanced at each of us in turn. “What?”

“Let me share something with you since things between you and AJ look promising. Fast food is their life line. You better get used to it if you go on tour.”

“Thanks LeighAnne, I’ll keep that in the back of my mind.” I kept my eyes locked on Kris, who only giggled.

“Wait, LeighAnne, you know something?”

“Oh, Miss Kris didn’t tell you that she and Alex shared a peck?”

“Oh, no she didn’t.” I reached over and shoved her, laughing all the more at her blush. “And when were you going to feel the need to share this very important information with your best friend here?”

“Well, maybe when, oh, um…”

“Instead, I hear it from LeighAnne. How shameful!”

“Theresa, leave the poor girl alone,” Kristen said, laughing all the more though. I shook my head, leaning against the wall, turning my attention back to the guys.

“Oh, I better go check on the kids, they’re to damn quiet.” I looked over at LeighAnne, nodding in my head in agreement. “Be right back, gotta discuss tonight.”

“Why?”

“Talk to ya when I come back.” I rolled my eyes, watched as she drug Kristen with her too.

“You’re not mad are you?” I looked and raised a brow at Kris.

“Because you didn’t tell me?”

“Well, yeah. You’re my best friend here, I should have mentioned it.”

“No, I’m not mad. I’m happy though. I really think Alex likes you and I know you like him.”

“Are you okay with it?” I straightened up and really turned to her.

“Kris, Alex was nothing more than a friend. Granted, thoughts did enter my mind, and yeah, we kissed. But AJ and I have been friends for years, and I wouldn’t want to destroy that friendship in the least, and neither would he. Sure, we flirt, it’s just our nature, but no, seeing you with him doesn’t bother me at all. And I’m glad that he made a move, he really deserves a good girl who will treat him right.” She squealed and threw her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly. “Okay, don’t be a teeny bopper here.”

“Whatever. As if you were floaing on cloud nine when Nick first kissed you?”

“He does tend to do that, doesn’t he?” I froze, rolling my eyes at Kris before turning around and looking at Terri.

“Can I help you?”

“Watching the show just like you two, is that a problem?”

“Nope, not at all.” Kris made a gagging motion than leaned against the wall, watching the guys. “What’s the agenda for tonight ladies?” I shrugged.

“Not sure, LeighAnne was supposed to talk about it when they came back.”

“I see. It’s obvious she has something up her sleeve. I’m thinking, though, that Nick and I are going to have to pass tonight.”

“Why don’t you let Nick decide that? He’s a grown man; you don’t need to be making his choices.”

“As his EX WIFE, neither do you.” I shrugged.

“You’re right Terri, I am nothing more than an ex wife to that man, but in the course of the years, I learned a thing or two about him, and I can actually say one of his biggest peeves is having other people make choices for him.”

“My Nicky doesn’t mind.” I shrugged yet again before turning back to the show.

“His other is being called Nicky,” I mumbled under my breath.

“What was that?” I turned to look at her, giving her the fakest smile.

“Nothing. Please, watch the show.” I watched as the guys walked to the edge of the stage, Nick smirking as he looked out into the cameras. His hips started to roll, his shirt started to ease up, and the screams started to come. I watched, as Nick’s shirt came off, his hips still shaking and the girls screaming even more. Than I felt Kris nails digging into my arm.

“That stupid son of a bitch is in more trouble!” I cringed, feeling the laugh building up in Kris and I as we turned to Terri, hatred making those blue eyes darker.