- Text Size +
Chapter 43

“You guys are more than a pain, do you know that?” The twins stopped playing and turned to look at Kris, who couldn’t stop the smile from forming.

“Why do you say that, Aunt Kris?”

“Because you are,” AJ said, walking in.

“Uncle AJ!” Tamara climbed off the couch and flew into his arms, quickly followed by Rena.

“I think you have two rather huge fans there.” AJ smiled at each girl as he set them down.

“Tamara and Thomas got close to me because I was actually visiting Theresa a lot. She had us concerned.”

“Was that the only reason?” Kris’s eyes opened wide and her hand flew to her mouth. “I’m sorry. That’s none of my business.” AJ had to smile before taking the seat next to her.

“No, don’t worry, it’s okay. We all knew what Nick was doing, so we were all concerned. Resa has been one of my best friends for years. I hate Terri and half the time, I hate Nick. So, I kept on eye on her and the kids. Not that I didn’t trust her and thought she couldn’t take care of herself. I knew she could. Just thought she might need a friend.”

“That’s awfully sweet of you Alex. You didn’t have to.”

“She was my friend. I had to.”

“And you never wanted more?”

“I can’t lie, I did. We didn’t try anything than, but we did when she came back here. Although, we didn’t succeed very well. Our friendship goes too deep, too strong. And though I love her like my friend, I couldn’t date her.” Kris tried to hide the grin, and failed. “Oh, I see those two girls aren’t my only fans?”

“I suppose, since we’re being honest with each other, no. I’ve been a huge Alex fan for a while.”

“And does that include wanting to date me?”

“I am a female who appreciates the male species. Come on!” AJ’s knuckles brushed across her cheek.

“Would it be forward of me if I told you when I first saw you, I knew something was different about you?”

“No. Not at all.”

“How about if I told you I wanted to kiss you?”

“I’d say you better.” Alex grinned as his head drew closer, his lips brushing hers once, than twice, before pressing against hers.

“Eww….that’s sick!”

“Mommy what are you doing?” Kris pulled away, glancing at the two girls before busting out laughing.

“Nothing. Now…” She stopped as James started to cry. “Excuse me Alex.”

“No problem. Got a phone call I have to take anyway. Be right back.” He held his phone up to his ear, smiling at her before turning his attention back to the caller. “Hey man, yeah. Wait, let me head outside.”

-----
I shook my head, glanced at my watch and turned to walk away, running straight into Terri. Her eyes ran over my attire, her blonde brow arching upwards.

“Wow. Look what we have here. A hoe!”

“Terri, how nice of you to grace us with your presence. Gosh, I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’m sure.” She waved her hand to dismiss me, the lights flashing off the diamond that sparkled on her left hand. Her lips tugged up into one hell of a smirk, knowing where my eyes were. “Since you’re not trying to win him back, you have no problem with him being completely engaged do you?” I snapped my eyes to hers, shaking my head.

“No, why should I?”

“Good. It’s obvious the love for you is gone, and well, we just don’t care about the love you have for him.”

“You were listening?”

“Every last word! He’s mine, Theresa. And I won’t let you take him back.”

“I’m not trying to anymore Terri.”

“You never would have either. He knows what’s good for him. Who’s good for him.”

“Oh, yes, tying him on a leash and never letting go, is so good for him? Get over yourself Terri. You ain’t good for him. Never will be either. He needs a woman, not a little girl trying to be a little groupie.”

“Better than same stupid ass who lost it all and made everyone else pay for it.” My eyes narrowed at her, my hand fisting at my side. I dragged in deep breaths, feeling the restraining top.

“That was uncalled for, Terri, and you know it.”

“Shut up D. You’ve been on her side since the start. You’d want Nick to suffer with the likes of her than be happy with someone like me.”

“No, not true.”

“Oh, you’d rather him be with me?”

“No, he wouldn’t suffer with Theresa. Not like he’s doing now. I’d have to say the sex is pretty damn good if you keep him blinded to the truth there!” She screamed, her arms flying up into the air.

“None of you believe that I love him!”

“Love him? LOVE HIM? Keeping him under lock and key is love? Keeping him from what he loves, is love? From doing what he loves, is love? You, blondie, don’t know the first damn thing about love! You think screwing is love, making him blind to all else?” I shook my head. “I feel so sorry for you Terri. So damn sorry. I just didn’t realize it till now.” I turned to walk out, slamming into Nick. His eyes held mine before glancing over at Terri. “And you, Nick, are one of the biggest fools. You want to marry her, go right on ahead. She’ll milk you for everything you have. You just about called me the whore that night, but I think I’m staring at one. In fact, I know I see one before me. I agree with Howie, the sex must be mind blowing. Just remember, it fades, at least that’s what you kept telling me after ever kiss these last few weeks.”