- Text Size +
Chapter 46

“I, uh, I…” I glanced from Kris to AJ, shoving the bag in my pocket, than shrugged my shoulders. “I was looking for something. Thought I gave it to Alex.”

“You have a key to my room?”

“I have a key to every room. It’s mandatory that I do.”
“What did you give me Resa? I don’t remember holding anything for you?” I licked my lips, trying to smile, than became thankful as I heard the scream come from outside. I paused, than hurried to Nick’s room, sliding the card and quickly entering.

“What was that?” I heard the growl, turning around to see Terri standing behind me, soaking wet.

“Who did it? Which one of your pains in my ass did it?”

“Terri…”

“Shut up, Theresa. I don’t want to hear you, hell, I don’t want to see you, so get the hell out of my damn room right now!” I crossed my arms over my chest, pushing my hip out.

“I don’t give two shits what you want. I heard a scream…”

“It was me. You’re little rotten, stupid ass, spoiled brats…”

“Daddy says stupid is a bad word Terri!” Terri turned to Tamara, her eyes flashing.

“Your daddy is just as stupid right now.” I rose my eyebrow than motioned for the kids to come over.

“Let’s go to our room, okay. I think Terri and daddy need to talk.” They nodded their heads, their hands slipping into mine.

“Than will you talk to daddy, mommy. He loves you.” My head snapped up as Terri let out a part growl, part scream. I shook my head, glancing at Nick who only shrugged, than quickly left the room.

-----
He gave her a few minutes to rest, change, and hopefully calm down before entering the bedroom. She turned around, seeing him than throwing the towel on the blanket.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for them to hit you.”

“Right!”

“I’m serious. I just told them to pick a target and than bombs away.” Terri turned around completely, her hands flying to her hips.

“Smart. Knowing they don’t like me, of course they would hit me.”

“You hadn’t come back last night; I didn’t think you’d be back today. So, I figured they wouldn’t see you.”

“Well, they did.”

“And no harm was done, other than you got a little wet.”

“Soaking wet. But that’s not the point. Nick, you need to grow up and start being a man. Hello, you’re how flipping old now and you act half your age!” She sat down on the bed, crossing her arms and legs. “I mean, you’re divorced with kids here and you’re just as old as they are. That’s rather sad. And while we’re on this subject of growing up, this will be the last time I’m mentioning it. I don’t want you striping, teasing your fans, or making any sexual moves for the fans. It’s going to stop, again.”

“No.”

“And….what?”

“I said no, Terri. My fans love it. Our fans adore it. What the hell…who the hell do you think you are to tell me to stop?”

“The woman you love and plan on marrying!”

“Now where did you get that? Have I given you a ring? Oh, wait, you think the diamond you flashed in front of Theresa is really something I would give you? You’re not worth that much to me.” Terri stood up, her eyes flashing.

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying I think we need to take some steps back here. Things aren’t right between us.”

“So you cheated, I can accept that.”

“With my ex wife, whom I still love?” Terri swallowed rather hard, her head slowly nodding.

“Nick, I love you. I always have. I can’t bear to be away from you.”

“Honestly, you can take everything and be okay with it?”

“I’m not happy. But you cheated on your wife with me. It’s not like you meant to and that it meant something…”

“It did, Terri. That’s the problem. If it was really some lay than it wouldn’t bother you, or me. But we both know the truth, no matter how much we try to fight it. I can’t explain what’s going on. I wish I could. All I know is that I love you, that some part of my loves you. At the same time, though, I still love her. I don’t know what else to say, other than maybe we should just step back. Take time away from each other.”

“Are you dumping me?”

“No, I’m not. I’m just saying let me think things through, okay? But, let me make things clear Terri, if you want me as your man, your boyfriend, your husband even, the leash, it can’t be tight. You keep making all these demands, you keep screwing things up, and it’ll be over. Make sure you understand that, because I won’t tolerate you yelling at my kids like you have, again.”