- Text Size +
Chapter 47

“What are we doing Leighanne?” She glanced up, smirking. “Oh no, I really hate that look on you. You try to play innocent to every fan, but they honestly don’t know the she devil inside!”

“Why, Theresa, what ever do you mean?” I glanced over at her, trying not to laugh as she pulled that southern bell accent. I shook my head, finally giving up. And after I calmed down from the laughing, I looked her straight on.

“What were you planning?”

“Another movie night. We never got the chance for the other one. We still have one more show tomorrow here, so I figured tonight wouldn’t be bad.” I sighed, closing my eyes and running my fingers through my hair.

“Why?” She shrugged, turning to walk back to her hotel room but I grabbed her arm, shaking my head. “No, you really are thinking something. What is it?”

“I just want you to dress up.”

“No way in hell.”

“Prove to all of us here than, that you don’t want him. Dress up simply because you want to. Because you want him to drool over something he can’t have anymore. If you don’t want him, than there really shouldn’t be a problem with him cuddling up next to her, or you, even if you look sexy as hell.” Her brow popped up and I growled. Sometimes, just sometimes, even if she was a dear friend, she could play a bitchy role better than the best of us.

“Why?”

“I don’t believe you, Theresa. You still love him, still..”

“Let me stop you right there, Littrell. I will always love him, you know this and I know this. I’m not denying that in the least! But wanting him back…” I shook my head, laughing. “No, I don’t want him back anymore!” Her brow arched even higher, her eyes darting to the door that was clicked closed.

“We’ll see.” With that, she turned on her heel and marched back to her room. I watched her retreating back, groaning to myself. Damn it, this wasn’t good. I rolled my eyes as my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out, glanced at the id, frowned for a moment before flipping it open.

“Carter here.”

“Were you going to tell us?” I pinched the bridge of my nose, knowing that voice all to well.

“I was. Just when I had more proof.” I started heading back to my room, more concerned with the person on the other end than little blonde bimbo sulking in some corner of the hallway.

“More proof? Such as?”

“Sorry, some drugs in a dressing room is not enough proof!”

“I believe you found some in his room too?” I paused before sliding my key card into my room.

“And just how the hell did you get that information?”

“That’s not the point Theresa. You kept this information from us. It’s enough to cancel the shows and you know it!”

“I know. That’s why we need to be certain. Honestly, I don’t think he’s doing it.”

“So where the hell is it coming from?”

“I don’t know, George. I’m still working on it.”

“Than let me offer you a piece of advice, since you’re working so hard. Stick to your job! Stop wasting time on family issues and start spending more time on protecting. That might make things easier. And I want a report pretty damn soon. I want to hear it from my head of security, not some peep ass person!” With that, the phone line went dead. I leaned my head against my door, letting out a frustrated sigh before heading in, once more not paying any attention to the blonde who was stumbling back down the hallway.

-----
I pushed my hair off to the side, clutching the black robe all the more tighter, and waiting for the door to open. Kevin finally answered the knock, his mouth dropping open.

“Hell, honey, are you out to win a war?” I smiled as I entered the room, my twins following me.

“Uncle Kevin, mommy got new clothes, do you like ‘em? Isn’t she pretty?”

“Yes, Thomas, she is. And yes I do. Mason and Baylee are in the bedroom, playing.” They squealed as they both ran into the room. “Kids.”

“Nick’s kids. They’re loud.”

“That they are. But, for real, are you trying to win a war?”

“Nope. Blame you’re cousin’s wife. She did this.”

“No, she only suggested. You bought it.” I turned and glared at her.

“Than you made me wear it.” She only shrugged in response. “Whatever!”

“Any way you slice, he’s a damn fool if he doesn’t come begging and pleading for you to take him back.”

“Kevin, you were always my favorite, did wonders for a girls ego. I know why Kristen married you.”

“HEY, I heard that!”

“Let the party begin, the party crew has…” I turned as I heard Nick’s voice, although, it trailed off as he walked into the kitchen part of the room, his eyes landing on me, both eyes and jaw wide open.

“Hey, blondie, what’s the hold up? I mean…” AJ glanced around him, setting the stuff on the table and rushing over to me. “You’re my date, right?”

“You didn’t even ask though. What? Want two women Alex?”

“Honey, make me the happiest man and just say yes. Besides isn’t it every male’s fantasy?”

“AJ, you are, by far, the worst flirt!”

“I might be, but you still love me.” I shook my head, glanced over at Kris who only shook her head, smacking AJ’s arm as she walked in. Than I glanced over at Nick, although, seeing no Terri.

“She’s, um, sick. She said when she got back to the room she wasn’t feeling good. Than she had dinner come back up.”

“Oh, wow, I’m sorry.”

“She has a sensitive stomach as it is. Anyway, um…” I raised my eyebrow, having to smile inwardly that once again, Nick lost that train of thought. Geez, couldn’t even begin to figure out why that was.

“Daddy, daddy!” Tamara flew into the kitchen and made a bee line straight for Nick, who turned and picked her up, tossing her in the air. I watched them, my heart squeezing at the sight. I shook my head, turned to head into the living room, seeing LeighAnne there with her eyebrow raised.

-----
An hour into the movie, I shifted slightly, moving even closer to Nick, who only lifted his arm up and placed it around me, thinking nothing of it. But I couldn’t help the tingle that raced from where his fingers sat and than ran through out my body. Shit, shit, SHIT! And there was no doubt in my mind that LeighAnne, along with the help of Kris, staged this. It was too perfect. Nick sat on one end of the couch, than me, Kris, AJ, followed by LeighAnne on the other end. How perfect indeed! I watched as Kristen got up, hearing someone knock at the door, than come back, her eyes wide as she looked at me. Than I heard the growl from behind her. I turned slightly, seeing Terri standing there.

“And who’s playing the slutty role now?”