- Text Size +
Chapter 51

LeighAnne tapped her foot as she waited in the chair, listening to Kris rant. She watched the younger woman pace and had to smile.

“Kris, Kris, hold up there.” Kris turned and looked at LeighAnne, her arms crossed and her eyebrows raised up in a silent question. “Alex wouldn’t do drugs again. He would lose too much; everyone knows that, even Resa.” LeighAnne held up her hand as Kris opened her mouth to retort. “But someone within our group is. And Resa has to figure out who that is. Does it help you that I found her in Bri’s dressing room?” Kris frowned at that.

“Bri is the last likely person I could see doing drugs.”

“True. It is her job through to rule everyone out. How about you talk to her?”

“Not unless you wanted to kill me first.”

“Than how about you play the comforting girlfriend role and make sure your man is okay?”

“Yeah, I better check on him. He tends to get into trouble way too often. Thanks LeighAnne.” LeighAnne watched as Kris walked out the door, than leaned back on the chair, sighing as Brian started massaging her shoulders.

“Sine when did they get so close?”

“Brian, you honestly don’t pay attention.”

“How can I when I have such a beautiful wife to distract me?” LeighAnne blushed as she tilted her head back to look up at Brian.

“Any guesses who’s doing this to Alex?” Brian sighed as he moved to sit on the arm of the chair.

“A couple. And none of them are pretty.”

-----
“How are you doing?” Kris walked into the room, her eyes taking in Alex’s form. He smiled at her as he motioned her over and pulled her on his lap.

“I’m okay. The worst part is thinking that my best friend didn’t trust me.”

“Resa does, as hard as it for me to say that right now. Resa, she…you know she takes her job to heart baby. She’s only checking every avenue so she can say with confidence that it’s not you.” Alex looked up at her, smiling all the more.

“I’m glad you feel like that. And that you believe me. I screwed up in the past and can’t afford to screw up again.” He leaned up and softly brushed his lips over hers. “Speaking of Resa though, you know she wouldn’t dream of hurting you.” Kris sighed, knowing it would come to this.

“But she shouldn’t have said what she did. You heard her!”

“Come on honey, you know that when she gets pissed off and frustrated she tend to lash out at the closest thing to her. Sorry baby, but that was you. Now, I’m not saying its right, not by a long shot. But I know you understand that too?” Kris grumbled but nodded her head.

“Good, now, I think we better go save Nick, he has the twins and Rena.”

-----
He sat down on the bed, laughing as the little ones played with their games, Rena helping Tamara with hers. He leaned back against the headboard, rather content just to watch them.

“Is that you, Nick?” Nick had to roll his eyes as Terri asked that question. He lifted his arm up so Thomas could lie against him.

“Yeah, it’s me.” She flung up the door, her arms spread wide, revealing the nightie even more.

“Good, I wanted…AHHH!” She quickly rushed back into the bathroom, while he and the kids tried to contain their fits of laughter. “That’s not funny, Nick! Why the hell didn’t you tell me you had them kids?”

“You didn’t ask. You only asked if it was me. Not if I had company. Not that I expected you to come out in that either!” She pulled the door back open, tying the robe around her, sending a glare Nick’s way. “Excuse me; my kids have the right to spend time with me.” Nick started, climbing off the bed and walking up to her.

“Where the hell is their bitch for a mother?”

“Don’t you talk about my mommy like that!” Thomas yelled at her.

“Shut up you pesky little runt! No one was talking to you!”

“First of all, don’t talk to my kids like that. They have nothing to show you, because you are, and never will be, anything to them. Second, don’t talk about Resa like that. You don’t have that right! She’s a great mother who’s trying to do a job,” he yelled, getting in her face. Terri’s blood shot eyes narrowed at him and her hand reached out to slap him. He reeled back, his eyes glued to her. “You will never do that again!” With that, he gathered up the kids and left the room.

-----
Terri watched Nick leave, her eyes narrowed on him and those pesky kids. How dare Nick talk to her like that! She was the woman he loved! Or so he claimed. Maybe that wasn’t true anymore. Within a flash, Terri saw her life, or rather what it would become, flash before he eyes. All her hard work, all her business deals, gone! Just like that! She couldn’t afford to lose it all. She worked to damn heard, had way too many nice things. She sat down on the bed, pondering everything. Five minutes later, she was dressed and quickly knocking on Leigh’s door, her frustration building. How dare he! How dare them! She was going to make Nick see that she was the only one he needed. Leigh finally opened the door, her eyes concerned.

“What happened?”

“I don’t wanna talk here, think you can untie the leash long enough to have lunch?” In the back, Howie ground his teeth. He hated that Terri thought he, or Leigh, were tired on a leash, they were married, damn it, not that Terri would understand that.

“Terri, don’t say that. Just let me grab my purse.” Leigh turned back around, shrugging at Howie, than went back into the bedroom. Howie turned and looked at Terri, taking in her appearance, shocked to actually see her looking as shabby as she did. And even more shocked to know she was going out in public with baggy clothes and red eyes. Leigh kissed his cheek and she blew past him, closing the door behind her. “You got me alone Terri, now spill. What has you so torn up?” Terri glanced around, her hands twisting than pushed the button to the elevator, still keeping silent. “I can’t figure out what’s going on if you don’t start to share. You know this, Terri.” The doors finally opened and Terri dragged Leigh inside.

“It’s Nick.”

“Yeah, figured that one out. What’s going on?” Terri glanced at Leigh.

“I don’t need the smart ass comments, Leigh.”

“And I don’t need this stupid ass attitude. I’m rather happy to go back with my husband.”

“I’m sorry,” Terri let out with a sigh.

“Not good enough.” Terri rolled her eyes, walking out as the doors clanged open.

“I got into a fight with Nick. It was ugly and it was over HER and his little runts.”

“Terri, I don’t get it. If you have such a problem with those kids, why stick around with him?” Terri linked her arm through Leigh’s as they left the hotel, not paying attention to any of the girls.

“I love Nick, just those pains in the asses. Obnoxious kids.”

“Than you aren’t in love with Nick. He adores his kids!”

“He can adore from afar. I’ve managed to separate them before. Would be perfect if that bitch never stepped back into the line of fire.”

“Wait, excuse me, aren’t you Leigh Dorough?” And aren’t you Terri, Nick’s girlfriend?” Both ladies turned to the group of girls who had clustered behind them.

“Yes we are,” Leigh answered, smiling at the girls. The speaker looked Terri over and shook her head.

“I’m sorry; I don’t see what Nick sees in you. You’re just not his style. Theresa is way nicer, and certainly way prettier.” Terri’s eyes opened wide and for the second time in less than an hour, her hand flew out and connected with the cheek of the fan in front of her.