- Text Size +
Chapter 52

Leigh stood in shocked and stared at Terri, as did the remaining three girls, all who were right behind the speaker.

“Do not compare HER to me, she won’t stand a chance.”

“No, you bitch, it’s you who doesn’t hold a flame to Resa. And don’t ever touch any fan again. Are you okay Muffy?” the girl on the left said.

“Yeah, I am. Thanks for caring Samantha.”

“And to think I would defend you, said you weren’t that bad. Boy, I’ve never been more wrong,” another female voice spoke up, hatred burning in her young eyes.

“It’s okay Anne. We now know she’s just not worth the time.”

“Right on that account Julissa,” Muffy said. All four girls looked Terri over in disgust before turning and walking away. “Don’t be shocked if you have a run in with more fans, Terri, and they don’t like you either. News spreads fast on the Net.” Leigh swallowed hard, watching the girls leave than finally turning to look at Terri.

“What the hell were you thinking?”

“I wasn’t. That was a mistake.”

“A huge ass one. If they fans liked you before, they are sure as hell gonna hate you now!” Leigh ran a hand through her hair, letting out a loud sigh. “Damn it. There is no damage control for this. It doesn’t extend to lovers, wives, or girlfriends!”

“Look, I’m sorry. I’ll go post a message on Nick’s twitter account.” Leigh really looked at Terri, her eyebrow raised, and for the first time, Leigh started understanding why everyone else didn’t like Terri.

-----
I stared at my phone as it vibrated once more in pocket, frowning for that was the tenth time in three minutes. It wasn’t text messages and it sure wasn’t a phone call. I stepped off the elevator, pulling my phone out of my pocket, shocked to see it being over run with twitter messages. I opened the first one, even more surprised by the message in huge letters and bold, announcing someone really hated Terri. I shook my head, finally glancing up and than stopping as I saw Alex and Kris right before me. I inhaled quickly, not sure what I could say than, if anything. Kris just glared at me while Alex sorta smiled.

“Uh, hi!” I turned to Kris, feeling my heart drop. “Kris, I owe you the biggest apology. What I said was so uncalled for and I didn’t mean it. You know I don’t mean it. I just…there’s been so much stress and…and no excuses, I’m sorry.” Kris giggled and than threw her arms around me.

“I couldn’t stay mad at you and you know that. What fun would that be for me huh?” I gave her a tight hug, smiling even more.

“Thank you!” She beamed at me than ran off towards to Nick’s room, quickly entering it. I turned to him, taking a deep breath. “Alex, you know that…I, uh, don’t think that…”

“I know you don’t. There’s been a lot of stress on your Resa, I know. And if you add up all you found, I would say the evidence is pretty damning.”

“I can’t fight that. But, you are one of my best friends and I should trust that.”

“You do. If you honestly thought something was up, you would have told management long ago.” He threw his arms around my neck and smiled. “I like to think I know you better than your ex.”

“In some ways, McLean, I think you do.”

“So, being that you’re so smart, got any leads?”

“A couple thoughts. It worries me though. I’m the only person who has a master key card to everyone’s hotel room. That means someone took mine to plant that and I do not like that idea. I usually always have that key on me.”

“That’s really means that it’s someone in our group?”

“Or someone totally close to it. I just really need to narrow it down.” I glanced up at Nick’s door as it suddenly opened, his blue eyes even brighter by the simmering anger burning underneath. “Nick?”

“Where is she?”

“Where is…who?”

“Terri!” I glanced around and shrugged.

“I don’t know, why? What happened?”

“Don’t you have Twitter? Myspace? Facebook?”

“Yeah. But not the net on my phone and I haven’t gone to my laptop. What the hell is going on?”

“Read.” He handed me his phone and I skimmed over the messages on Twitter.

“You have to be kidding. This is a joke. Terri would not, could not, be that stupid.”

“She is. There’s a picture, look,” Kris said, handing me Nick’s laptop. I glanced at her, than at Nick before taking it, Alex looking over my shoulder. I glanced through the pictures that had been posted, not quite surprised that Terri had this in her.

“I’m not quite all that shocked,” I said, handing the computer back. “She has such hatred burning in her.”

“I’m aware of that. But those are MY fans. She has no right to be bitchy to them! The fans go with the fame that goes with the money. She really needs to understand that if she wants a relationship.” I planted my hands on my hips, raising my eyebrow.

“Carter!”

“What?” I shoved his shoulder pretty hard, enjoying that flinch.

“Listen up blondie! I think I’ve been pretty fair about your relationship with her and my kids. But get this and understand it now. If she can lay a hand on a fan, A FAN, what do you think she will do to your…OUR kids? I will not allow them to be with you if she is around. Think about that if you want to stay with her sorry ass!”

-----
Leigh glanced at her phone, seeing the fourth text from Howie, but once again she ignored it. She smiled at Terri who only rolled her eyes.

“What? You know by now, that little slap is all over the net. Which means you know just about everyone saw the messages that have been posted. I don’t think they got any pictures though, so you might have lucked out.” Terri glanced at Leigh, slamming her fork down.

“And if there is pictures? I’m not the star!” Leigh grabbed her glass of water and leaned back in the chair, regarding Terri very carefully. She honestly could start to see how people could view Terri as bitchy. She took a sip before speaking, judging her words carefully.

“Terri, you know by now that the guys and their management won’t stand for much. Do you honestly think that they will let you stay on this tour knowing you did this to a fan? Someone who pays to see the guys? They won’t risk losing the money should this one fan have any influence over any others. Believe me girl; I know them all too well.”

“I have a secret weapon, which even you, my dear Leigh, know nothing about. Nick can, and will be, eating out of the palm of my hand if I so choose. Everyone has a lot to learn, that includes you.” Leigh sat her glass back down, crossing her arms, slowly shaking her head, not liking that little bit of information at all.