- Text Size +
Chapter 53

I turned away from them, once more grabbing the laptop and holding it in my hands, just staring at the picture.

“Nick, management won’t tolerate this, you know that. Now your fans love you, and I know you all haven’t really cared if they approve or don’t approve. But, I honestly think you need to listen to them this time. They don’t like her and this was a huge factor.” His eyebrows shot up and before he could stop it, the words were shooting out of his mouth.

“Theresa, I think it’s you who wants Terri out, you have from the start, walking on that stage with that little skirt, yes, it’s been your plan.” My eyebrows shot up, trying so hard not to laugh.

“God, you are such a fool! It is so sad.” I shook my head, turning back and handing his laptop back to him, letting it slip through my fingers and smirking as it crashed to the floor. “Oh, Nick, I’m sorry.” I stepped over the pieces and headed into my room, laughing all the more as I heard him cussing up a storm.

-----
“What do you mean she’s up to something, Leigh? What did Terri tell you?” Leigh sighed as she picked James up, rubbing his back softly.

“I don’t know Howie. She didn’t say. She just said that whatever she had up her sleeve would make Nick eat out of her hand. That’s all I know.”

“And what do you know about this slap? The fans have deemed it the slap heard around the world!”

“That…does not have a good story.”

“Yeah, well, today is full of not good stories. Tell me please.”

“We had a run in with some fans down the way from the hotel. They said something, and I think anyone would have gotten pissed.”

“Leigh, are you actually telling me your okay with what she did?”

“No. They are your fans. I may not like them always in our face or knowing our business, but I know with out them, you guys are nothing. I just, they pushed and she had enough so she pushed back. Again, I’m not excusing it. But you know that anyone who constantly gets told that they rate second best is gonna start getting irritated. Come on Howie, you know this.”

“Yes, I do know that. But, I’m sorry, that’s not an excuse. And Terri is even a bigger fool if she honestly felt that Nick was totally out of love with his ex wife. Anyone can see the look in his eyes no matter how much he denies it.”

“I know that. But, regardless of what you all believe, Howard, Terri does love Nick. And Nick at least cares for Terri.” Howie sank back down on the couch, rolling his eyes for he doubted those statements.

-----
I closed my eyes, resting my feet on the chair in front of me, enjoying the gentle breeze and the soft splatter of the rain drops. I took a sip of my wine cooler, some what at ease that the kids where with Nick. Mentally, I sighed. I could lie to everyone that Nick was a bad father, but the proof was starting to show. He wanted them, not just when Terri was gone. And it’s obvious the hurt they felt was long gone, replaced with a love that was stronger than ever. Not to mention a sparkle in their eyes when they looked up at him with such admiration. Nope, I couldn’t deny it.

Nor could I deny Nick’s own sparkle when he had the kids. And maybe I just didn’t want to. I had such high hopes when I came back to work. I had felt better than I had in years. I had looked better too, and that so added to my self esteem. But, get me around Nick, and half the time I felt like a teenager with a high school crush. I took another sip, smiling to myself.

I shook my head, pulling my feet off the other chair, but stopping and frowning as I heard the arguing, squinting to try and make out the people, but failing. My brows wrinkled though, when I distinctly heard Terri’s voice. And I knew the other voice, for I had heard it before.

“I need them you jerk. I have people asking for them now too.”

“I just gave you that shit three days ago. Stop using it. Everyone keeps talking about how you keep changing.”

“That is none of your business. Now do you have it?”

“No. It’s gonna be a couple days before I can hook you up with that.”

“A couple days? Do you know who I am?”

“Yeah, a damn girlfriend! One who’s getting replaced by his ex-wife!” I leaned back as I heard the growl, followed by the loud slap.

“Get me those drugs, or you’re gonna regret it!”