- Text Size +
Chapter 54

I crossed my arms, my foot tapping, not really paying attention to the fans, for my mind kept replaying that scene.

“Resa, are you okay?” I chewed on my lip, barely hearing the voice that had moved up beside me. I jumped as she placed her hand on my arms, causing me to turn and look at her. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah Leigh, why wouldn’t I be?”

“You look dazed. Spacey even. Something on your mind?” I tiled my head to the side, looking at her fully.

“Why are you here?”

“What do you mean? I’m here to watch my husband; why else would I be here?”

“That’s not what I mean. I mean, why are you watching me? Usually you’re hanging out with your best friend.” I watched Leigh closely as she shifted, glancing downward.

“Well, she’s not here. And, after things earlier, she, uh, kinda upset me.”

“You mean the slap?”

“Yeah. That…you don’t do that to the fans.”

“No you don’t. And we all have wanted to. It wasn’t easy being a wife and part of security. I had way too many chances where I could have abused that power.”

“I can imagine actually. You probably wanted too way more than any of us.”

“Possibly. Hey, Leigh, I know we were never close. Especially after the divorce, but how well do you honestly know Terri?” Leigh shrugged, trying very hard to look every where but my eyes, making me fully believe that she knew something, but for whatever reason, was not about to share.

“I like to think I know her pretty well. She confides in me a lot.”

“Just because a person confides everything in you doesn’t mean you know them.”

“Yes, I know that. Fine, truthfully, I don’t really know her. Just more her emotions.”

“Thank you.” I paused, taking a deep breath. “Does it seem like Terri has done some dramatic changes in the last few days? Things that she normally wouldn’t do?”

“Is slapping something she wouldn’t do?”

“Not in my book. But, to a fan like that, I really can’t see her doing that.”

“She has had quite a few angry days, but I always put that on you, or on the kids. She hates you so badly, so I just figured…”

“Don’t worry about it. Thanks though Leigh.” Leigh shifted her weigh, being quite obvious that something more was bothering her. “Leigh, what is it?”

“When we were talking, Terri and I, she told me something, and…I think, you…uh, may kinda need to watch her. I don’t know what she’s doing, but it kinda freaked me out. I’m not ratting out my friend, but I don’t trust her all that much either.” She frowned, than turned on her heel and quickly left. Great! That just told me that she was up to something, but damn it, how did you get proof?

-----
“Daddy, why do you fight with mommy? You know you love her.” Nick finished drying his face, tossing the towel on his bed and looked at Thomas, yet again amazed at his kids and how smart they were.

“I do love mommy, buddy. But, she likes to push the buttons that make me mad.”

“Oh, like how you push Uncle Kevin’s buttons?”

“Well, kinda. I push Uncle Kevin because it’s funny to see him so upset. Mommy does it because we just love to get to each other mad.”

“But why?”

“It’s just our nature buddy.”

“I don’t remember you two fighting though.” Nick sat down next to his son and pulled him on his lap.

“We didn’t. But things happened and things set us in bad moods.”

“Oh.” His head nodded as it laid against Nick’s chest. “Like Terri? She’s always in a bad mood.”

“I know buddy.”

“Tamara and I heard her yelling at someone yesterday.”

“You did? Do you know who?”

“No daddy. I just know she wanted something that the guy couldn’t give. I think she slapped him too.”

“I’m sorry, you shouldn’t have heard that.”

“Daddy?” Thomas pulled back and cupped his father’s cheeks, being dead serious for a five year old. “I can’t tell you how, but I’m going to tell you that Tamara and I believe you need help. Help to get rid of Terri and to get mommy back. You need help and it’s time we get involved.”