- Text Size +
Chapter 55

Nick blinked a couple times, just staring at his son, wondering how in the world his two kids came up with that. He shook his head to clear it, before smiling at Thomas.

“That’s so huh? You plan on doing something than?”

“Yes we do. Sister hasn’t said what though. We just want you two back together.” Nick stroked his son’s hair, looking him over and just realizing how much Thomas looked like a younger Nick. If it wasn’t for their cubby cheeks or their freckles, and maybe bits and pieces of a certain personality, they wouldn’t have passed as Resa’s kids.

“You know, buddy, when mommy and I split, I don’t think we realized how much it would tear you guys up. I’m sorry. Mommy and I should have worked on it a little more.” Nick pulled his son’s head closer and kissed it, enjoying the feel of his strong little arms around his neck now. God, did he miss them. Miss holding them. Miss singing to them at night. Actually, he missed being a family with them. The days they went out to the park, had picnics on the boat or on the beach. He missed his family.

“Daddy, what are you thinking about?”

“I’m thinking about our family buddy. And how I miss it.”

“We miss it too. So does mommy.” I leaned my head against the doorframe, my heart breaking as I overheard the conversation. Thomas couldn’t be more right, but that wasn’t up to me. And maybe Nick was right, maybe we should have worked on things before just ending it. Or, him just ending it. I took in a deep breath, knocking softly before poking my head in.

“Hey guys. What are you doing?”

“We’re talking mommy. Big boy stuff. No girls included.”

“Aw, no? But I like talking with the big boys.” I walked further in, stepping up beside Nick, smiling at the picture that they made.

“No girls included,” Thomas repeated. I frowned, stepping up between Nicks legs, not even noticing his arm slipping around my waist and pulling me down on his other leg.

“Mommy can talk with us if she wants, buddy. Mommy is smart.”

“Mommy also knows how to tickle,” I said, wiggling my fingers at Thomas, laughing as his arms wrapped around his stomach and he started to squeal.

“No mommy, no tickle monster, please!”

“Fine, than daddy can do it.” I laughed as Nick threw Thomas on the bed, before tickling him. I grabbed his legs, holding him still, cracking up as Thomas just kept laughing and squealing. “Go daddy.”

“No go daddy!” I looked behind me as Tamara flew to the bed, jumping on my back and wrapping her arms around my neck.

“Help daddy, mommy is being attacked!” Nick turned, saw the other twin and reached for her, tickling her as well. We both rolled over, me being pinned by her, than having Thomas climb on me as well, both of them tickling me. “No…you…two…” I shrieked as Nick joined in. “STOP, please!” I begged, struggling to get free and breathe at the same time.

“Ha, no one escapes the King of the Tickle Monsters!” He laughed even more as the kids grabbed each arm and Nick knelled over me, tickling my stomach.

“Damn it…NICK!” I tried my damndest to break free, but to no avail. He stopped though, as Terri walked in, her arms crossed and her eyebrows raised.

“Do I even wanna know?” Nick moved off of me, offering his hand to help me up.

“The kids and I were talking, than Resa came, and we had an old time tickle fest.”

“Tickling? How fun,” she said, sneering.

“I’m taking the kids for a bite. It looks like you two need to talk.” Nick smiled, gave the kids each a hug and a kiss.

“I’ll be down later.” I nodded, taking a hold of their hands and leading them out.

“Wait, mommy, I forgot something.” Tamara ran back into the living room, spotting Terri’s purse and pulling out a bag filled with a fine powder, than sticking it her pocket and running back.

“Did you find what you were looking for?”

“Yes mommy. Now we can go, I’m hungry!”

-----
Nick looked at Terri, his blue eyes flashing. He nodded to the bed.

“Have a seat.” She rolled her eyes and sat down, crossing her legs. “Where were you last night? And this morning?”

“I had some things I needed to do. I don’t report to you Nick. Besides, what do we need to talk about Nick? Your annoying kids? Or your pesky fans?” Nick ran his fingers through his hair as he glared at Terri.

“Don’t even start. I saw what you did. As did just about every fan. I know you don’t like them, and to be honest, I don’t care. You are not the star and those ‘pesky’ fans aren’t paying your bills…wait, they are. Seeing how you’re taking my cards and my cash. So, they are frontin’ for you.” He smirked as he looked at her, making her shrink back slightly. The look he had was not one she was enjoying. “Let me make it simple, for I do understand your pea sized brain ain’t grasping too much. You will respect my fans. If they talk to you, you respond kindly to them. If they want a picture, you give them it and smile. If they want to compare you to Resa, than you say ‘I’m sorry you feel that way.’ If you think you can’t handle those simple tasks, let me know and I will buy you a plane ticket and send you home.” He turned to leave, walking to the door and stopping. “And Terri that will be the last thing I will every buy you.”

-----
Three hours later, Thomas peeked his head in the doorway, seeing Terri asleep. He grinned as he walked over to the suitcase, opening it up and sticking the mud-filled balloons in there, than popping it with a needle, covering his grin as he saw the mud start to trickle out over her clothes. He left quietly closing the door behind himself and ran into the living room, nodding his head at Tamara, who giggled.

“You know she might get mad enough to yell at you?”

“I don’t care sister. Daddy and mommy will protect me.” I walked out of the little kitchen with a couple sodas as Nick carried the popcorn and crackers.

“What are you two talking about?”

“Nothing mommy. Are you ready?” I just looked at him, than turned to Nick with a raised brow.

“Yeah Thomas, we’re ready.” He leaned back and pushed the TV on, than the DVD player.

“I can’t get it to work!” I laughed as I saw him push the button over and over, his tongue sticking out, acting way too much like Nick.

“Okay, okay, let me see it.” I took it and aimed it at the player, quickly getting it to start.

“How did you do that?”

“It’s a mommy trick, buddy.” Thomas shrugged and curled up next to me, reaching for the popcorn and quickly getting into Cars. I looked down at him than over at Nick, seeing Tamara curled up against him.
“Do you think they have ever looked so innocent before?” He just shook his head, resting his other arm along the back of the couch, his fingers massaging the back of my neck. I closed my eyes, letting my aching heart pretend this was all very real. After a few moments though, I stood up and excused myself. I was not going to sit there and cry. I made my way into the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror.

----
She groaned as she heard the laughter and rolled out of bed, heading over to her suitcase and pulling out a new outfit than heading into the bathroom to fix herself up. She sat the clothes on the counter, brushing her hand over her face. She gathered her brush and make up, finally looking in the mirror and seeing mud all over her face, gasping at the sight. “What the hell?” She turned and looked at her favorite top now covered in mud. “No! AHH!” She ran out of the bathroom and to her suitcase, screaming as she looked at all of her ruined clothes, finally catching sight of the empty balloons. “CARTER!”

“What is wrong Terri?” Nick pushed the bedroom door opened, the kids gathered at his legs.

“One of those twins,” she pointed at them, her eyes flashing with anger, “did this to my clothes!”

“They wouldn’t!” Nick walked into the room, looking at the clothes, trying to suppress his laugh. 100 percent Nick Carter’s kids. Terri looked at them, growling deep in her throat.

“Which one of you pains in my ass did it? Tell me!” She advanced on the kids, the twins taking steps back. “So help me, I will make your ass black and blue. WHO DID IT?” Thomas glanced at his sister and that was all the clues that Terri needed. She quickly grabbed his arm, hard enough to leave bruises and hard enough for her nails to break skin and draw blood.

“Let me go, you’re hurting me!”

“You stupid ass, no good…I’m gonna teach you to have respect! You will learn, if it’s the last thing I do!”

“No. Mommy, daddy!” She growled again, her hand flinging right into his face and leaving her hand print.

“Apologize!”

“NO!” She glared at him, reaching out to grab him again.

-----
I quickly ran out of the bathroom, shocked and dumbfounded by the scene before me. And before I could stop her, Terri slapped Thomas. I ran towards her as she reached for his leg and grabbed her hair, yanking her back.

“You do not lay a hand on my child!”

“He ruined my clothes!” Her hand fisted up as she turned to swing, my fingers pulling out strands of her hair.

“I don’t give two shits what he did; those are my kids, not yours!” She swung and I quickly ducked, my own hand fisting and swinging at her, knocking her to the ground.