- Text Size +
Chapter 56

Nick rushed out, glanced from Terri, to me, than to Thomas, holding his hands out to him, but Thomas shook his head and ran over to me, a first in Carter history. I picked him up, looking at Nick over Thomas’s shoulder.

“Tamara, honey, anything that’s in daddy’s room that’s your guys’, please pick up and bring it.” Nick stared at me before watching his daughter head back to the room. “I told you, one more time. Nick, this was that one more time. Either you get her on a damn plane and get her the hell out of here. Or you will not be alone with MY kids again.” I rubbed Thomas’s back, kissing his cheek as he hiccupped. “Say bye to daddy.” I took Tamara’s hand, heading outside, almost knocking Brian and Baylee down.

“Baylee!” Thomas looked at him than at me. “Mommy, if it’s okay with Uncle Brian, can we go play?” I looked at Brian, who was glancing between Nick and I.

“Yeah, sure buddy, let’s go.” The kids ran off before Brian finished talking. “Holler when you’re done.” I nodded my head and closed the door, crossing my arms as I looked at Nick, than down at Terri. He sighed, lifted her up and set her on the bed before walking back out to talk to me.

“Theresa, you can’t take my kids away.”

“I’m not taking your kids away Carter! I’m just not putting them in that position anymore! You wouldn’t stick them on a train by themselves and let harm come to them, right?”

“Right.”

“And you wouldn’t stick them in front of you if someone shot a bullet?”

“Of course not! I’d defend their lives!”

“So why are you putting them through this? God, Nick, they are five! FIVE! They can’t handle her, handle the way she is. Listen to me, not as your ex wife, or the mother of your kids, but as a friend, if nothing else. Terri has some very bad problems. She’s becoming even bitchier, to the point her friends don’t even want to hang out with her.” I ran my hands through my hair, trying so hard to get my point across. “She has issues. They have always been there, you know this. But since we came back into your life, they have gotten worse. Nick, you need to deal with this. Confront this. She’s slapped your kids. She’s slapped you. Hell, she’s slapped your fans! YOUR FANS! Maybe you don’t mean anything, or your kids don’t mean anything, but come on, the people who support you?” I sat down on the couch, feeling the cushion next to me sink.

“I know. Talking to her isn’t doing much good. And I told her that if she didn’t stop, I was sending her home, and I did threaten her that if I did that, it would be the last thing I do.”

“Which is a start. Hon, she’s poison for you.” I took his hand in mine, turning to face him. “I don’t think those drugs I found are AJ’s. Or any of the guys. But I know it’s somebody who has access to these rooms. Terri knew I had a main key. And I’ve seen some serious effects in her. The drastic changes in temper, the late nights, and the blood shot eyes. I’ve even heard her yelling at some roadie.”

“Drugs? You think Terri is the one doing them?”

“Nick, don’t be stupid. This is not the time to be stupid. You’re with her more than anyone else. You’ve seen her in some of the most…,” I chocked up on the word, not wanting to think about those scenes but knew I had to make him see, “…the most intimate of moments. You see her behind closed doors.”

“I can admit she’s not the same person. But...drugs?”

“For the sake of your kids, Nick, I need you to look. Every where! Her suitcase, her purse, her clothes. If I have to search it, I’m doing it with a court order. And if that’s the case, I will be taking your kids away, Nick, for good.” I quickly got up, leaving him to ponder that thought. I leaned against the wall outside of his door, taking a couple deep breaths. I never wanted it to come to that, but if he was honestly going to be pig headed about it all, than he was leaving me no choice whatsoever.

-----
I placed my elbows on the table, resting my chin on my folded hands as I watched the people outside the café. Smiling all the more as the fans kept coming, knowing the guys were staying in the hotel across the street. I sighed softly, my thoughts still rambled all together.

“You look like you could use a friend.” I smiled even more at the voice.

“Park it Kris.” She beamed as she sat down.

“Thank you. What’s on your mind girl?” I tugged my lip between my teeth, twisting my wedding band. “You still wear it?”

“Haven’t taken if off. And no, Nick hasn’t noticed. Actually, if you look closely, he still has his.”

“WHAT?”

“I know. It doesn’t look like a wedding band. And unless you were a die hard fan who watched him enough, you’d know it. But otherwise, not even close.”

“I see. You didn’t answer my question.”

“I punched Terri. Knocked her ass out and damn did it feel good.” I shook my head as Kris cheered. “Than I told Nick I suspect its Terri doing the drugs.”

“Are you positive?”

“No. Not in the least! And if, a big IF, it’s not her, I royally screwed that up. But I’ve really crossed out all other people. It has to be someone close to the guys. And none of them are stupid enough to do it. The wives, or girlfriends, are left. Leighanne is…” I trailed off as I glanced at Kris, who only raised her eyebrow. “You can’t tell her I told you, but she’s pregnant, so drugs are the last thing she’d be doing. As for Leigh, I may not think highly of her, but Howie would behead her if he found out. Besides, she’s too prissy to be the type to do it.”

“And I’m not doing it. Nor you, are you Resa?” I rolled my eyes at her.

“No. I asked Nick to do a search. But I can’t go to the management with just that. I need to see them on her, to have pictures, to have more die hard proof than a jealous ex wife. In fact, that would be the number cause for them to say ‘not buying it’.”

“I see.” I shook my head, glancing up as I felt someone step up to the table.

“Excuse me?”

“Yes?”

“Are you Theresa Carter?” I nodded, smiling at the young lady. “Oh my gosh, you’re so pretty.”

“Thank you. This is Kris, my best friend.”

“AJ’s girlfriend. Gosh, he looks so much happier. You’ve done a number for him.”

“Thanks. I’m sorry…you are?”

“Where’s my head, I’m Kasy. I was wondering if it was possible to take a picture with you two? Well, with my friends over there too. Jessica and Carrie?” I turned to Kris who shrugged.

“Of course Kasy, that’s fine. We’d love to.” The other girls smiled as they quickly walked over, hugging us as the kneeled down between us, the waiter quickly snapping a picture.

“Thanks again, Mrs. Carter.”

“Please, Kasy, Theresa is fine.”

“You know, if you don’t mind my saying so, what Terri blogs about you, is so off base. You’re not a bitch three times over,” Jessica commented.

“Well, I think she was misinformed.”

“No I wasn’t. I was stating the truth. Its airheads, stupid people, and teeny little bopper fans who seem to be screwing up the information.” I watched as both Carrie and Kasy wrapped a comforting arm around Jessica’s shaking shoulders, her voice hushed by the tears. “Nick is so much smarter than to date a fan, like you. So take your teeny bopper dreams and fantasies and just move on.” Carrie looked at Kris, than at me. I smiled, waving her to do what she wanted. She returned my smile, shoving Terri out of their way and into the waiter behind her, the loaded tray of food landing on Terri.