- Text Size +
Chapter 58

“You look like you need someone to talk to.” Nick glanced up and smiled at the blonde hair beauty.

“Maybe I do. Wanna join me?” Nick patted the seat next to him, swinging his legs off the side of the stage.

“What’s on your mind, Nickyson?” Nick chuckled, shaking his head.

“Resa and you, LeighAnne, are the only ones who get away with calling me that.”

“That’s because we are special, and you can’t deny that. So, why the long face? Thinking of your ex wife?” Nick nodded his head, running his hands over his jean clad legs. LeighAnne glanced at them, spotting the gold band on his left hand right away. “Nick, are you trying to feel complete?” Nick’s brow wrinkled as he looked up at LeighAnne, followed her gaze to his hand and nodded.

“Yeah, I suppose I am. When I’m with her, things feel so right, like I’m whole. I never even realized I felt like that, like I was…,” Nick smiled before finishing, “like I was incomplete. And part of me wants Terri, for some strange reason or other.”

“Have you tried being without Terri? Send her on a vacation alone, or without you. Than spend time with your family and see if you truly need Terri still. I mean, Nick, she’s screwing up majorly and you know this. How much more are you going to suffer? Or allow those you love to suffer?”

“You’re right LeighAnne.”

“I know I am.” She smiled as she threw her arms around his shoulder.

“How do you and Brian stay so strong?”

“Trust me, marriages all have rocky grounds and we aren’t any different, but the biggest issue, talk. You gotta be able to talk to your spouse. Be able to lean on them and have them lean on you. What happened between you and Resa sure seems like there was no talking going on. Resa needed you, even if she just about shunned everyone out. You were the man she loved and trusted. Still is, actually.”

“I know she does.”

“Look, Nick, life isn’t easy. It’s not supposed to be. How about you and Resa have a date night? Better yet, take her to dinner tomorrow night, since its BSB’s big anniversary day.”

“And Terri?”

“You tell Terri…I don’t know Nick, I can’t do all the work for you. Say, it’s only for those from the start. Or…I don’t know. We’re going to La Fuente though. The one were you took Resa for your guy’s first date. And you know how awkward it would be if you took Terri there. If I’m not mistaken, you have been avoiding a lot of the places you took Resa.”

“I have. And La Fuente is no different. No, taking Terri and not taking Resa is not an option. Thanks for listening LeighAnne.”

“You’re welcome sweetie.” She kissed his cheek before standing up and turning to walk away. “Nick, whatever you do, whatever you decide, make sure you really make the decision from your heart, and not your mind, or, any other part.” Nick glanced over his shoulder at LeighAnne, smirking.

“Resa has learned. She became way better in that department.”

“EWW!” LeighAnne covered her ears, grinning as she shook her head. “Did not want to know!” Nick cracked up, watching her leave.

-----
I glanced up from my laptop, watching all six kids in the pool, James being held by Howie. The twins, Mason, Baylee and Joslin were all plotting of how to tackle Uncle Howie, and by the grin on James’s face, he knew what was coming. I shook my head, having no heart to tell Howie to watch out. After all, he’s the one who got all the kids hyped up with sugar, than suggested they go for a swim, he can handle the torture of it now. It would show him not to do that again.

I went back to my email, reading it over, hoping I didn’t sound too desperate for a couple micro recording chips and a couple micro tiny cams. Maybe I could be lucky and have them installed on a necklace that Terri was bound to wear all the time. Granted, if it was expensive enough and it came from Nick, she would wear it, if only to show it off. Stupid female, just never learned. I quickly hit send, praying it would be read soon and than confirmed that I could get a shipment.

I finally sat my laptop down, closing it and dropping a towel over it, protecting it from the suns rays, but from oncoming water droplets as well. I leaned the chair back a little more, pulling my shades over my eyes and trying to relax.

“Lookie here, you get a break?” Behind my closed lids, I rolled my eyes.

“Lookie here, Terri being a bitch again. Nothing new there.” She huffed and took the only available lounge chair. Which sucked for me, seeing how it was right next to mine.

“Are you supposed to be protecting the guys?”

“I guess. Let me see, Brian, Kevin, and AJ are in their rooms, Nick is at the arena with two bodyguards, Howie is in the pool with a couple of kids. Why do think I’m down here?”

“Working on a tan? Since you need it?” I ground my teeth, making it a point to ignore her. I heard the giggle, peeking an eye open and watching Baylee run to the deep end, ready to dive in.

“Baylee?” He turned in my direction and I waved him over, pulling him down and whispering in his ear. “I’ll give you ten dollars if you do a cannon ball.”

“Won’t you get wet?”

“Yes, but I don’t care, for Terri will too. Think you can do that?” Baylee looked at Terri than at me, Brian’s grin coming out on his face. “You’re so much like your daddy. So, deal?”

“Deal, Aunt Resa.” Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Terri grind her teeth at that. Baylee ran, curled his legs up and yelled, ‘cannon ball,’ making Terri freeze, her eyes opening wide and than screeching as she got soaked. I cracked up, shaking the water out of my hair.

“COME HERE YOU LITTLE RUNT! HOW DARE YOU!” She stood up, marching over to the edge of the pool, not bothering to see the fans coming up around her.

“Who the hell do you think you are? Yelling at poor Baylee like that?” The girl planted her hands on her hips, glaring at Terri.

“And just who are you?”

“Deanna,” she said, pointing at herself. “And this is Manda,” pointing to her right. “Manda is a huge Nick fan. And Ashley here is a Brian fan, but more importantly, rather thinks Baylee is an adorable little boy.”

“And the last little musketeer?” The one standing behind the group smirked, giving Terri a rather pointed look.

“I’m Samantha. And while I’m a huge Nick fan myself, I’m a very adamant Terri hater. So right now, you yelling at the one person who let us in here and than yelling at Baylee, really just put you on my shit-o-meter.”

“I don’t have to take this from the likes of you. Theresa, get them out of here!”

“Hold up, Terri. Did you not hear Sam here?” Manda asked, uncrossing her arms.

“She said that Theresa let is in. We haven’t done anything but soak up some sun and talk to her. Why would you think she’s tossing us out?” Ashley asked, glancing over at me. I merely smiled, waved at Terri and closed my eyes.

“Look, I have no damn clue what is up with this little fan community, but you hating me doesn’t bother me. I can’t stand you guys either, with the way you always have to stalk and annoy and bug just to get a damn picture or a damn autograph. It’s rather sad.” My eyes opened wide and I sat up, shaking my head. She was seriously crossing the line. She knew jack sit about the fans and what they were feeling or thinking.

“Is that your final out take on it?” Deanna asked, glancing at the girls who all nodded at once.

“Yes it is. Grow up and realized that these guys are never gonna like you, nor want anything to do with you.” They all sneered, pushing Terri hard into the pool, but her arms shot out, grabbing one girl, who grabbed the other, all five of them ending up in the deep end. Samantha, the last one to get pulled, screamed that she couldn’t swim.