- Text Size +
Chapter 61

I sat down in the chair, unable to actually stop giggling. Kris pinched my arm and I laughed even harder.

“Woman, if you don’t stop shaking, I’m going to burn you with this curling iron.”

“I can’t help it. I kinda feel like it’s a first date, with these stupid butterflies and everything. And it’s sad because she’s still with him, yet he did make it better by telling me that she wasn’t going to dinner after all, she wasn’t feeling good.”

“True, but you know that she’s going to be leaving.” I glanced at Kris in the mirror and shook my head.

“I thought that. I even told Nick my plans and what I wanted him to do. We even have a pin she would like and wear. But, I’m not 100 percent positive that he believes me or that he’s going to go through with it.” I held Kris’s gaze before she broke it and started working on curling my hair again.

“I think Nick is way blonde.”

“He is. But you know that man is still might sexy. I won’t ever think of him any other way.”

“Eh, I guess he’s okay.”

“Oh, do not give me that.” She smiled before tilting her head.

“Can I ask you a funky question?”

“Don’t you always Kris?” I laughed even more as her mock glare. “Okay, whatcha got?”

“If you could rewind time, what’s the one point that you would go back to, with the guys?” I slowly started grinning even more.

“The Millennium days.”

“Really? Why? Wasn’t your job tougher?”

“Job wise, yes, it sucked; more screaming fans, more girls hounding them. But, Nick really stole my heart by than. Granted, listening to him sing made me wince. Actually, he still kinda does. I suppose, to me, he sounds…nasally. But, I just…his goofiness attracted me. And now that he’s older, and with her, he’s not quite the same. I can look back over his photos and see some kind of twinkle glowing in those blue depths. And now, now there’s like emptiness there. And it’s kinda scary. But, when they were at their peak, Nick really shinned. Truly, they all did.”

“That they did. I think that’s when I started crushin’ on D?”

“You too? I was with Nick but if Howie had asked…” I giggled again, watching her.

“So, can you give me a favorite song off of Millennium?” The smile slipped off my face and she watched, resting her hand on my shoulder.

“When Nick and I split, I would fall asleep, crying to ‘Back To Your Heart’. I know that’s AJ’s song, but I always picked out Nick and would think that he was singing that to me and claiming that he wanted me back. The Boys are known for their ballads, true, but that song always stole my breath, my heart, away.” Kris fixed a curl, smiling softly.

“Yeah, that it does. I think I had an orgasm the first time I heard that song.” I looked up at her and started cracking up.

-----
Nick backed way from the door, frowning as he stared at it. So, he knew that she knew he changed? And that’s what the fans mean when they said they wanted the old Nick back. Just because he hit a milestone for his birth years, he didn’t have to be so…old. It was his nature to be goofy, to be hyper, and to be full of pranks. And yet, Terri always told him to stop, to be more mature. So, he listened, because he thought he loved her. Because he wanted to really believe that she loved him. But now, now he could see the truth. She only wanted him for what he could do for her. Which was actually a lot. And no matter how he sliced it, and no matter what others told him, leaving her wasn’t so cut in dry. Especially if what he saw hiding in her suitcase was true.

He sighed, leaning his head against the wall. This whole situation sucked more than he cared to admit. And, yes, he knew he was stupid about it. Tossing Resa’s love aside for a woman that he thought was the greatest thing. He honestly didn’t need everyone telling him something he knew for quite a while.

“Hey man, what’s up? Aren’t the girls ready yet?” Nick glanced at Kevin, figured of all the people he could talk to, Kevin was the one who would probably understand, for his situation wasn’t all that different.

“Uh, I don’t think so. They were talking. Look, can you get them? I forgot something in my room.”

“Yeah, sure. Nick, are you okay?”

“Not as well as I could be. Listen, when we get back, think we can talk man?” Kevin just looked at Nick but nodded his head.

“Of course dude.” Kevin frowned as he watched Nick’s retreating back, quite shocked. The last time he saw Nick look that serious was when he was thinking of marriage. Kevin shook his head and knocked on the door, waiting for the giggling to stop.

-----
I stood up, smoothing the blue and silver dress down as I made my way to open the door, smiling at Kevin.

“Ah, they send the strong man to come get us mere women.”

“Hardly. You could whoop my ass in a second, Resa. But, you do two do look lovely. Ready to be wined and dined?”

“That depends. Are you taking us dancing afterward? You know you owe me a tango?” I grabbed my purse, linking my arm through his.

“Oh, Richardson, that is not fair. You can not tango with Resa and than leave me alone.” Kevin shook his head, but smiled all the same as he walked us down to the limo.

“What are we waiting on?” he asked, glancing at Brian.

“Nick, who else?” I looked around the limo, shrugging as I sat down, finally seeing Nick run out to the limo.

“Sorry, I forgot something.”

“As usual dude.” We all chuckled as he just rolled his eyes, shoving Brian. I watched his hand, yet again surprised to see that gold back flash in the moon light. Really, why the hell was he still wearing his band? I frowned, thinking that over, not realizing the lapse in time for we were already pulling up to the restaurant. Nick smiled as he offered me his hand and helped me out.

“By the way Resa, you look amazing. I think I need to thank your fashion coordinator here.” I rolled my eyes, but couldn’t stop my smile from getting even bigger. He lead me to the table and even held out my chair for me.

“Thank you Nick.”

“My pleasure.” He sat down next to me and it was almost like a throwback to the days of us dating.

“Excuse me, Mr. Carter?” All heads turned to the matrie’d as he stepped up beside Nick.

“Yes?”

“There’s a young woman at the entrance asking for you. She says that she’s your girlfriend.” I glanced over my shoulder to see Terri standing there than back to Kris as she rolled her eyes, than to Nick as he groaned.

“Damn it, she wasn’t feeling good. Just because I’m here with another woman.” He tossed his napkin on the table and walked over to her, arguing for several moments before finally tossing up his hands and grabbing her arm roughly, leading her to the table. She rubbed her arm as he let go.

“I don’t need the bruises.”

“I wish that would knock some sense into you actually.”

“You don’t mean that. You know you wanted me here, you even said I could come. But it’s your friends that don’t.” She rubbed along his arm, her dress barely holding her in.

“Terri, you’re about to pop out of your dress.”

“Why are you checking me out for, Theresa?”

“I’m not. I just rather not see boobs pop out in a well do place, such as this. They have class, where it’s obvious, you don’t.” She gritted her teeth, her blue eyes darkening as they stared me down. But her lips lifted up into a sneer, thinking she could get me into a corner.

“For your information, Theresa, Nick likes his woman to be half naked in public.”

“No, he doesn’t, Terri. He never has. It’s a turn off for him.” I looked at Nick, returning the smile he threw at me.

“She’s right Terri, I hate it. Now, lift your dress up.” She glared at him than at me again, quietly hissing between her teeth.