- Text Size +
Chapter 62

I grabbed my wine, taking a long drink. I mean, I knew she was coming, I guess I was really hoping that when Nick said she wasn’t, and that she really wasn’t. But than again, Terri wasn’t the type to just let me take her man away.

“So, Resa, did Nick tell you I got tickets to see Demon Slayer?”

“No, he didn’t!” I slapped Nick’s arm at that. “How cold you not tell me that?”

“Who’s Demon Slayer?” I took another sip of my wine as I glanced at Nick who looked at me, a smile tugging at his lips.

“They are a rather hardcore metal group, babe,” AJ said, slipping his arm along the back of her chair. “I got an extra ticket.”

“Excuse me, AJ, do not be offering Theresa a ticket. She’s not dating Nick, you know.” Both Nick and I looked over at Terri, Nick’s brows snapping together a lot more quickly than mine.

“What the hell Terri, you don’t even like Demon Slayer.”

“That’s not true babe.”

“I play them all the time and you tell me to turn that shit off. Why would you want to go see them when you can’t stand them?”

“Because of me, Nick. Terri is well aware of how we actually hooked up. And she’s just threatened that it’s going to happen again is all.” I shrugged, feeling her ice cold blue eyes staring straight at me, and smirked to myself. I looked at her out of the corner of my eye and saw her place her hand on Nick’s thigh, which he quickly removed.

“Woah, I wanna hear this. I don’t think I have!”

“Leigh! Don’t encourage them!” Leigh just shrugged at Terri, resting her elbows on the table and her head on her hands, staring at Nick and I rather intently. I licked my lips as I caught Kristen’s smirk. Oh yeah, Terri was losing her friend.

“You see, I have been a huge fan of Demon Slayer for many years. So, they were in LA and I went to the concert with one of my friends. As were leaving the bar, Nick here totally bumped into me. The bottle of beer I was carrying for my friend totally broke. The beer poured all over him and the glass cut me, sliced my arm rather well.” Nick chuckled and I smiled. “He apologized over and over again. In order to finally shut him up, I kissed him. It didn’t last long and I ended up gagging.”

“Not because of my kiss, but because of the smell. I stunk so bad.”

“And I was bleeding. Anyway, he said I had to go back to his hotel because the group that he was with had a meeting with his management and wouldn’t believe he wasn’t drinking. And I had to get a top that would cover the slice on my arm because the people I was meeting the next morning needed to know I wasn’t a klutz and could protect their big money makers.”

“Needless to say, she stayed the night.”

“And it was my mistake.” Without thought, Nick slipped his arms around my shoulders, but Kris was the one who saw the anger flash in Terri’s eyes. “When we woke up the next morning, we realized that were both late for the meeting. So we raced downstairs and…ended up making everyone laugh.”

“You weren’t aware who he was, Resa?”

“I swear Leigh, it just never clicked in my mind. Which is odd, seeing that it’s my job to protect people.”

“So, Resa, want that ticket?” AJ smirked, glancing at Terri and cocking an eyebrow up, daring her silently to say something.

“Duh, J! I am so there!”

“And you Nick?”

“Of course dude. Hey, Kris, since I know you don’t like that type of music, would you mind watching the twins?” I looked over at Kris who shrugged.

“Actually, if my baby here can get another ticket, I wouldn’t mind going. You like them honey, and I want to help you support them. After all, that’s what you do in a relationship.” I had to cover my mouth to stop the laugh that so badly wanted to come out because I could see the anger flashing even more on Terri’s face.

“Actually, if you wanted Resa, I’ll gladly watch the twins. James would love to play with them. In fact, Kris, you can bring Joslin over too.” I had no choice but to look at Terri, her hands holding tightly to her chair, her teeth clenched.

“Actually, Leigh,” she said, through gritted teeth, “I was hoping you might want to go out, seeing as I’m free.”

“But I’m not. I think I’d rather spend some family fun time.”

“The kids aren’t family!”

“That’s not true. The twins are cousins to James and Joslin is almost right there too. It’d be great. Sorry though.” I was forced to lean back behind Nick so she couldn’t see my shaking shoulders, but that didn’t stop the snickers that came from both LeighAnne and Kris. I cleared my throat a couple times and finally looked at my menu, wanting and needed to distract myself.

“Nick, honey, do you know what I would like from here, seeing as I’ve never been.”

“I know, Terri. And, no, I really don’t know.” Nick looked at me and rolled his eyes. I shook my head, actually finding tonight to be even more enjoyable because of Terri. It was downright funny to see the many outrageous looks on her face, for she was fully washing away that standing. Granted, I couldn’t have her run off before I got everything I needed either. This meant, of course, that I had to have a talk with Leigh and how she couldn’t push Terri away so soon, no matter how upset Leigh got with her friend there. “Resa?”

“Yes Nick?”

“Do you remember what I used to get? I’m not seeing it.” I looked over the menu and than glanced through the chicken items, finally spotting it and pointed to it.

“It’s right there, Carter.” I felt a strong wind as Terri slammed her menu down and glared at Nick and I.

“Nick, Resa, I think we need to have a talk outside!” I looked up at her than at Nick.

“No, I don’t belong in that conversation.”

“I’m saying you do. So get your ass up and head outside.” I glanced around the table and threw my own menu down.

“Terri, for your sake, do not address me like that again. Or your ass will be out, in the street, put there personally by me!” With that, I stalked by her, making sure I bumped her on the way out.