- Text Size +
Chapter 63

I followed Terri outside, crossing my arms as I just stared at her, smiling to myself at her pacing. I finally glanced at Nick who was looking more irritated as the seconds ticked by. I pinched his arms lightly and shook my head, reading the thoughts and feelings in his eyes. Yes, everyone wanted her gone and if Nick tossed her out, that would make everyone happy. But, that wouldn’t stop her from wiggling her way back in. Nor would that start to help with the pain she had caused everyone. So, even if Nick didn’t like it, he had to deal with her for a little bit more. Granted, that didn’t mean he had to sleep with her or even…no, he did have to show some kind of affection.

“Look, I can see you’re upset, but Terri, any problems you have with Nick, are with him, not me.” With that, Terri stopped her pacing and stared at me.

“That, Resa, is where you are wrong! This has every bit to do with you. Since you have come back, you have done everything you can to try and steal my man! He left you, you stupid whore! For me! Do you think he would honestly want you back?”

“Hold your damn horses! I am not a damn whore! And if he’s looking else where for love, than that’s on you and not me. Perhaps you should try harder to fight for your man instead of spending his money. There is more to relationships than just cash you know!”

“And who the hell are you to give me advice? You lost Nick’s baby and than you lost him!”

“At least I am willing to have his kids. What are you willing to do?”

“I would do anything to not only please my man, but keep my man!” Her eyes blazed and her hands were clenched. I took a step back, watching her, something throwing up a red flag in my mind.

“Amazing that you, of all people, would say that. You, who has slapped, pushed, and almost drowned Nick’s fans. In that sick, twist mind of yours, how do you think that makes him happy? How you think that pleases him?”

“And what, Theresa, do you think you know of him? That you being married to him for those few years makes you a Nick expert now? He’s grown, he’s changed. I’ve been there for those changes, so don’t you dare tell me about my boyfriend!”

“I am not Terri, I’m only suggesting.” I glanced at Nick who had remained quite, a look of amusement etched on his face. “People grow up, both physically and mentally and I’m not disputing that, actually. But there are things that Nick Carter loves, and those have never changed and will never change. Nick loves his fans, even the crazy ones who stalk him and hate you, or hated me. He knows that they are his EVERYTHING and nothing you say can or will change that. But, before that, Nick Carter loves his family! That means the twins included. Those people, his brothers and sisters, those are people he will always love and adore. And yet, you can’t stand them either! Tell me Terri, how can you hope to have a true and honest and loving relationship when you can’t stand those very simple factors that he loves the most?” I watched as Terri’s breath became erratic, the both of us knowing she had no answer for that. I shrugged my shoulders at her.

“You just need to leave my man alone.”

“Why Terri? You didn’t leave mine alone.” Her eyes flashed again and her arm started to rise but Nick placed his hand on hers.

“Do not lay a hand on her. She’s right Terri. How about we go back to the room and talk?” Terri glared at me before turning to Nick and sliding her hand up his arm and than around his neck, pulling him down for a kiss. I turned around, wanting to gag and yet, even knowing what was going on without seeing that still made me sick to my stomach. I stalked back into the restaurant and took my seat again, lifting a brow as Kris just looked at me.

-----
Nick finally broke the kiss, feeling relief when he would actually be done faking feelings that he no longer felt. He gazed at her; smiled somewhat, knowing the next words would upset her yet praying she understood.

“Look, I gotta stay a little long; why don’t you go back to the room, get into something nice, comfy and maybe sexy. And then I’ll be there shortly?” Terri giggle as she ducked her head and Nick almost wanted to laugh at that.

-----
Terri watched Nick walk back inside and couldn’t help but think that now really was the time to win back his heart, that she could show him that he did love her, that they did belong together; certainly way better than him and Resa. She giggled a little and than waiting for the taxi, still smiling as a group of fans made their way over.

“Excuse me.” Terri turned around; trying to remember what Nick said about talking and dealing with his fans, no matter what she like doing.

“Yes? Can I help you ladies?”

“I’m Joanna, and these are my friends, Brandi, Toni and Skylar.”

“It’s a pleasure.”

“Perhaps for you Terri,” Skylar said, lifting a brow, disdain all over her face as Skylar looked Terri over.

“Ladies, let’s not really get into any fights, huh? I’m on my way back to the hotel to enjoy a quiet night with my boyfriend.”

“And that lies the problem. You see, we just aren’t Nick Carter fans, we are Resa fans too. And the way you treated both of them has done pissed us off. But, than and you went and attacked fans.”

“Brandi here has just about summed it up, Terri. Who, in their right mind, goes and attacks fans? Honestly, are you like dumb?” Terri’s lips curled up at Joanna’s comment, but she caught sight of Nick through the window and knew that she couldn’t do anything. But saying something was something entirely different.

“Listen here you little dip shit. You all think that you can snag Nick that you can be a better a lover, friend, or girlfriend to him. But you are just daydreaming. Nick may adore his fans, but he would never date them. Furthermore, he would never glance at sleezy, slutty tramps like you guys. Nick has too much class.”

“Oh…like us? Terri, have you looked in a mirror? You are practically falling out of that dress! How the hell is that classy?” Toni asked, wanting nothing more than to punch Terri right now.

“Look here you little tramps, I don’t need you getting into the affairs of Nick and I, thank you,” Terri announced, shoving each girl in turn on the shoulder. “If Nick wanted Theresa so damn badly, than believe me, he would have stayed with her. Not leave her or cheat on her.”

“Only cause you brain washed him.”

“Hardly, Brandi. Nick needed a woman, not a damn girl who kept him acting like a little kid! He needed someone who could show him that teasing fans with his stupid hip movements or the slight tease of skin by lifting his shirt was so over played! That he needed to man up and start being the singer that he could be. Than again, he needed way better fans than what he has now. Little teenagers who think they are so smart. Or fans that con people into getting their own way!”

“Is that what you think us fans of Nick’s do? Con people? Some of us are willing to stay up for days just to catch a glimpse of him. And for your damn information, if Nick Carter thought his fans were so bad, why would he always be giving them shout outs, praising us and claiming us that he loves us?” Joanna asked, having no problem getting up in Terri’s face.

“Because,” Terri responded, shoving Joanna away from her, “Nick does need the money rolling in and the best way to get it is from people who love him so much to spend hundreds of dollars on him. Those fans who are to dumb to know that they don’t need to.” Skylar narrowed her eyes, her anger just pushed over the top. She fisted up her hand and let it swing at Terri, connecting her fist with Terri’s cheek.

“First off, Resa is actually a great woman, you can learn a thing or two from her.”

“Right Brandi, and Nick does love his fans. And people like you…that’s who he hates!” Terri growled as she clutched her cheek and her eye, knowing that in just a few hours she was going to have black eye.

“Why you bitches! You are so gonna pay for that!” Terri lunged for all four of them yet all of them gained up and shoved her hard enough to shake the taxi that she had stopped.

“If you honestly had any sense little miss than,” Toni started saying again, “you’d honestly stay away from Nick.”

“Besides, Resa will always be better than you. Remember, you’re just a fling for Nick,” Joanna wrapped it up, the ladies all turning on their heel. Terri watched them go, anger coursing through her veins. It was her turn to get even at Resa and her precious fans, and her time to win Nick’s heart once and for all.