- Text Size +
Chapter 64

Terri finally got into her room, her anger still blazing. She was beyond tired of dealing with a stupid ex-wife who kept putting her nose in affairs that had nothing to do with her. She was beyond the point of fed up of dealing with fans who thought they knew best for Nick and kept making a point of telling her. She knew that she couldn’t go and tell Nick that she wanted him to stop performing so the fans would stop. She, at least, was smart enough to know that he really would never give up singing. Although she wasn’t quite able to grasp the thought that the fans would ever stop.

She quickly went to her suitcase, looking for those pink and blue pills that would make sure Nick stayed hers. Than she looked for that little fine package of powder, needing a hit to calm her nerves. She searched through her whole suitcase, looking through all her clothes, starting to panic. She got up and looked through her purse, still turning up nothing. She screamed her anger and frustration burning even more.

She finally paused, her eyes narrowing as a thought came to mind. And the longer that she thought it over, the more she started to smile. For she knew that someone took it. She really didn’t think Resa would go looking through her personal items. But she already knew that there were two little runts who already messed up her things.

“Ah, now that makes my job even easier. If they have it that means it’s in their room. How funny would it be to find miss high and mighty with the drugs that she was looking for? Thank God that Julie from the guys’ management had become my only other dear friend.” She glanced at her watch and checked the time, knowing that it was way too late to call her but tomorrow morning; she would make it a high priority to make that call. But right now, she had bigger issues to worry about. She grabbed a water and took the pill than set the whole bedroom up for a romantic night and than get into his favorite nightie and leaned back on the bed, waiting for him.

-----
Nick glanced at his phone, surprised that he hadn’t gotten any phone calls about where he was. Damn, he really needed to cut the ties with her. And he was. Lately, it was just too many things that were adding up to annoy him. And everyone seemed to know this.

“If you need to go to her, go. The guys won’t miss you.” He looked over at me and smiled.

“Are you sure?”

“Nick, I need to nail her. I can’t afford you two to break up before I get the information that I need and you know that.” He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

“Thank you.”

“No need for that.” He got up and made his way out the door, every pair of eyes trained on him.

“Where is Nick going?” I turned to look at Kevin and bit my lip, doing a quick glance at Leigh.

“Don’t worry about me, Resa. Terri isn’t really my friend, so I won’t go confide in her.” I looked again at Leigh and started to shake my head. They really couldn’t just start acting all bitchy toward her, no matter how they felt. And they had to see why I needed them to act like nothing happened. Or that they knew of anything going on. And sometimes, that was a lot harder than not really knowing.

“Look, I understand how you all are feeling right now. Finding out things about her and you want her out. Believe me, I want Nick to do away with her, but there is something I want more and that’s to do my job. I have a feeling that if you were to just to kick her out so to speak, that she would find a way back in. I want her put away, in jail!”

“And how are you going to manage that? She’s not going to just give you any information about ant illegal stuff she’s doing, or not doing?” I smiled as I listened to Leigh talk and leaned back in my seat.

“You are very right Leigh. She won’t tell me anything. But, she would tell someone just so she could show off to someone. And, I might just record every little thing she had to say.”

“What do you mean, record? How are you going to do that Resa?” Howie asked, leaning forward and resting his arms on the table.

“Do you think I came into this job without any knowledge? I have friends who have microchips that are small enough to fit on the back of a pendant or pin and will never be noticed and yet it is strong enough to transmit up to 25 miles away. And since I’m the one who will be recording, we are never more than 25 miles away from each other. Even if I hate it, it does have it’s good sides.” I glanced around the table, finally stopping at Kevin as he spoke up next.

“Not that I’m doubting your word, or anyone here, but we all know Terri was the one using drugs and we all know that she planted them. Can’t you just tell management that you know that?”

“I did Kevin. They want proof. They think, let me rephrase that, Julie thinks I’m only after Terri because she stole my husband. They think I’m lying to smear her name. That I’m out for revenge. That I can’t get my husband back and she sees this as a perfect chance for me to get even.”

“Are you flipping kidding me? They honestly believe that crap?” I shrugged in response to his second question.

“You might be a lot of things Resa, but a woman who makes up lies to ruin people’s reputation is not something you would do.”

“I know Kristen. And you know that, you all know that. But you guys also know that it takes once voice in that group to make some type of comment before everyone backs it up. I’ve dealt with them for quite a while, and they haven’t changed.”

“Hell, that’s all the more reason to believe you.”

“I know Kristen, I know. I can’t change their minds though. This is why I need you guys to really act like nothing has changed. I know her type and I know that her next move is going to be big. Something that no one saw coming and that’s more than likely going to cause more pain than good.” I turned my head and looked at Leigh. “I had hoped she confided in you enough to let you on that secret.” Leigh twisted her lips, glanced at her husband and than at AJ.

“For the sake of you guys, and for the sake of our friendship here, I’ll try to help you in anyway I can, Resa.”