- Text Size +
Chapter 65

Nick slowly walked into the room, somehow not surprised that the music was playing or that she was standing in the middle of the room with nothing more than a pink nightie on. His eyes traveled over and he recalled telling her once that that was his favorite color and his favorite nightie on her, but he felt now that the color mad her look sick. But, he could think of one female where that would have looked amazing.

“You’re late.”

“No, I’m not Terri. You weren’t even supposed to go tonight. You said you weren’t feeling good. And on top of that I told you that you weren’t invited to the dinner. And you really just like to make up your own rules or something?” He started unbuttoning his shirt, slipping both his jacket and his shirt off, laying them on the back of the couch.

“Nick, you can’t be mad at me. I wanted to spend time with you. Do you know that we haven’t even spent a whole day together in almost two months? You are ignoring me, damn it.” He watched, in morbid fascination, his lips twitching, half waiting for her to pound her feet and stick her lower lip out. Hell, Tamara was only five, actually getting ready to turn six, and she acted more mature than Terri did on Terri’s good day.

“And I told you that when you came on this tour, my job comes first. Although, at the rate you’re going, I’m going to be out of a job, thanks to you and the way you keep pissing the fans off. So, cool it.”

“Cool it? Are you serious? You’re fans hate me!”

“I don’t give a shit, Terri. They are my fans. Ask any wife, or ex-wife, no one is liked. But, if you could be a little nicer them, they would return the favor, trust me.”

“Fine. I’m sick of having this damn conversation. If you want me to be all happy and lovey dovey with your fans, like Resa, than so be it.” He cringed, that triggering the very reason why he couldn’t have Terri pissed off at him. Shit, this was not something he was going to like to do. He followed her into the room, mentally groaning.

“I’m sorry baby. I just want you to treat them with a bit more respect, is that so hard to do?” It was on the tip of her tongue to say yes, but instead, she just shook her head. She had a gut feeling that her relationship with her man was not all that it seemed and she was slowly losing that. Certainly not something she wanted, but if she was, she wasn’t leaving without a fight and she wasn’t leaving without something from him.

He followed her into the bedroom and she knew that he still wanted her, no matter what the parts of his body could say, his little him did still want her. Which was fine at this point in time because that was all she wanted, hell, all she needed to achieve her goal.

She sat down on the bed and he moved to stand in front of her. His hands cupped the back of her neck and he made her look at him. In front of him, he had to replace her face for what he had to do; he couldn’t do it with HER anymore. He was the world’s biggest fool, for he knew who his heart belonged to, yet he just kept fighting it. And he knew that if took time to rebuild that relationship, but he had a start as to how.
He lifted her up and quickly crushed his lips to hers, her arms sliding around his waist as his other than came up to hold onto her neck. He lightly clutched her hair in his fingers, tugging a little, rather enjoying the sound of her shocked gasp. He forgot for a moment that it wasn’t Terri who enjoyed that.
Her tongue ran over his lips as her nails raked over his back, knowing that moan that she heard was for her, and her alone. She fell to the bed as he lightly pushed her, their lips never parting.

-----
“What did I miss?” I lifted my head up, looking at Kris over the cup of coffee I held at my lips.

“What do you mean? What did you miss?”

“Terri just came down in the middle of the night with the hugest grin and went over to Leigh’s door than thought better of it.” I shrugged than toward my own head to the entrance as I watched Terri enter the tiny little hotel café, a smile as wide as the Grand Canyon on her face.

“I’m guessing that means she had a good night.” I turned to look at Kris and shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to think about the cause for that happiness.

“Mmhmm.” We both paused though as she came over, still smirking.

“Hey ladies, how are you two doing?” What the hell…just a few hours ago, Terri was ready to take my head off and now she was all sugar and spice? Something was very much up! “Don’t look shocked. I just wanted to say hi. Gotta go though. Hot, naked blondie upstairs waiting for me. Bye ladies.” I turned to look at Kris, whose expression matched my own.

-----
Terri walked back up to her room, rather pleased with herself. She knew that as soon as Julie called her back, Resa would be gone within a number of days. And getting rid of Kris was something that would take a little more work. Although, if she caught AJ cheating, that would certainly put a dent in their relationship. Oh, that would be prefect! And maybe if AJ was really hurting, than he would leave Nick alone, telling him to leave her. No one left Terri! She was the one to always end relationships. And with a sugar daddy like Nick, she would be a fool to leave him. No other man would support her like he did. And than, with Kris and Resa gone and AJ back to screwing every other chick, her world would once more be righted and she didn’t have to worry about anyone or anything. Which, in her book, was about damn time. She was sick of everyone screwing her world up!