- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Stick with me guys...i got 10 more chapters to post and then I will be where I left off at before I was stupid! Again, thank you all for rereading, or starting it. it means the world to me! I feel so very loved :)
Chapter 66

She entered the room quietly, frowning a little as she heard the shower. Nick never got up to take a shower. In fact, when she left him he was sound asleep. And nothing woke that man up! Hell, half the time, his kids alone couldn’t wake him up.

She sat her coffee down and walked into the bathroom, watching him come out of the shower and wrap the towel around his waist. Terri watched him than sighed, leaning against the doorframe. He finally glanced up and looked at her.

“What?”

“You never take a shower that quickly.”

“I heard you get up and I wanted to take one. Is that so bad?” He had to take one. For all that he was worth; he couldn’t stand to still haver her scent on or around him. And usually, he would be curled up to her and fall right to sleep after a round of sex, but he felt her leave and he just had to get up. He looked her over, wrinkling his brows a bit, wondering why the hell she was dressed. The same could be said of her, she never left his arms after sex. “And what did you go and do?”

“Oh, I went and got us some coffee and something to eat. I figured after that, you might need something.”

“Oh, thanks.” She tilted her head a little, her finger curling around one of her blonde curls as she slowly looked him over, feeling in her gut that something was wrong. And she just couldn’t afford to lose this man, not until she had what she needed to live comfortably for the next dozen years. And this last little jaunt wasn’t enough, for he went against her wishes and actually used a condom. The one damn time she took the pills! “What are you looking at?”

“Nothing, just you. Why? Is that all of a sudden wrong? To admire my very sexy and handsome boyfriend?” He smiled at her and shook his head.
“No, there is nothing wrong with that.” He walked towards her and lifted her up, spinning her around, watching as she squealed and wrapped her arms around him, finally walking into the kitchen and setting her down on the chair. “So, coffee and a doughnut? Somehow, that doesn’t roll on my diet you know?” She shrugged a bit before digging into her own snack, her mind already trying to figure out how to get him back into bed. The chances were slim though, for she had a rough idea of how his day was planning out and rounds of sex weren’t involved.

-----
She rolled over and grabbed her cell as she heard it vibrate, not wanting to wake Nick, she quickly walked out to the balcony, knowing that number that her caller ID was flashing.

“Good morning Julie.”

“Good morning Terri. Wanna tell me what’s going on?”

“Whatever do you mean?” Terri asked, sitting down on the lounge chair, unable to wipe the smirk from her face. Oh, dear Lord, she was going to enjoy this conversation.

“Oh, give me a break here. You know I turn my cell off when I’m asleep and you know that checking my voice mail is one of the first things I do. So, you think you know the person who is doing drugs, huh?”
“Oh, I more than know. I have proof!” That caused Julie to sit straight up in her bed. Finally, someone had the proof they needed. And if it was one of the guys, she would be ripping heads off and tearing them new assholes! She wasn’t going to stand for this crap again. Not her money makers. She damn near lost it once, she refused to allow them to screw themselves up again and lose her meal ticket.

“So, tell me who it is?”

“None other than Theresa!” Julie frowned, thinking that over, somehow the pieces not quite making sense.

“Okay, why would Theresa do that for? I mean, she knows that the person we are after…”

“Check her room if you don’t believe me. I saw her buying them the other night. And what better way to throw things off her scent, right?” Terri twisted her lip, knowing that she had to convince Julie. If Julie didn’t buy it, than Terri was truly down right screwed. And she be damned if that happened. Her hear pounded for those brief seconds as Julie thought that over.

“You’re right Terri, thank you, for being a good friend and informing me. I’ll look into that right away. Gotta go and get dressed.”

“Of course Julie! I’ll talk to you in a bit.” With that, Terri hung up, a huge grin on her face. “Wanna screw with me Resa, bad, bad mistake.”

-----
“And one, two, there, lift!” I swung Thomas up by his arms, swinging him around in the hotel lobby, glancing over at AJ as he did the same thing with Joslin, smiling as their squeals filled the lobby.

“Me next mommy!” I sat Thomas down and than lifted Tamara up, doing the same thing.

“Okay, okay, you two have worn mommy out. Time for a little nap and than uncle AJ and daddy are taking you to the arena later.” I covered my ears at their squeals. “Geesh, are you guys excited? Come on, nap time before you kids go.”

“But mommy…”

“I’m not joking Thomas. You guys are going to be staying up late tonight, helping the guys sing and tear down the house; you need a nap.” We finally stepped off the elevator and I froze as I looked at the door to my room, for it was wide open. I carefully stepped over, motioning for Kris and AJ to hold onto the kids. I froze again as Julie came out of my bedroom, holding the package of drugs in her hand, a smirk on her face and her eyebrow cocked. I could do nothing but drop my jaw, knowing that I was in trouble.

“You, dear Resa, are royally screwed. And under arrest!”