- Text Size +
Chapter 67

I glanced over at Kris as Julie forced me to turn, slapping cuffs on my wrists.

“Julie…”

“Shut up! I don’t want to hear it. How could you? First you plant shit, than you blame others when all long it was you!”

“This is bull shit! I have no damn reason to what to do drugs!”

“You don’t? An ex-husband who is in love with his girlfriend and throws that in your face all the time? That your kids misbehave and ignore you? That you seem to keep having problems with your supposed friends? I don’t care why you did it. I just know you did and this is the proof that I needed. Now, let’s get you downstairs where you can wait for everyone else to show up and we can talk about what the hell we are going to do with you!” I shook my head at my kids as they both started screaming, trying to break lose from their hold and run to me.

“Watch them.” Both Julie and I turned as Nick’s door opened and he took in the scene, holding his arms out for both kids.

“Julie, what’s going on?”

“I’ll inform you later, Mr. Carter. Right now, we found our culprit.” I shook my head again, being shoved into the elevator and quickly thinking how the hell I was gonna get out of this one.

-----
I sat at the conference table, checking my watch, groaning as I realized three hours had past and it was the same bullshit questions and the same bullshit answers. They had nothing to go on, other than finding the drugs in my room and a supposed witness.

“Look, I’ll be damned if you guys are going to sit here and keep integrating me while I have five guys, six kids and a handful of wives and girlfriends heading over to the arena right now! I am head of security. I found the drugs!”

“Where?”

“For crying out loud, I TOLD you! I have found them in dressing rooms and in hotel rooms! It’s not mine! If you don’t believe me, when I get back from the arena, I’ll take a damn drug test. I have no problems about peeing in a cup or poking a damn vein!” I crossed my arms and sat back in my chair, staring at management.

This was getting way out of hand. They were totally forcing me to do my job, it was obvious. They were getting impatient and they were willing to believe other so called witnesses than me! Me, who has been with them for years and wouldn’t do anything stupid. This was a damn good paying job, why the hell would I want to screw it up?

And of all people, they believed Julie. And usually, Julie was smart, a tad bitchy, okay, rather bitchy, but back when AJ was having his problems, anyone could clearly see that Julie went into an overdrive about losing her wealth and her home and her cars and everything else she managed to buy with her lovely meal tickets. It was obvious that she was doing the same thing now. So, why listen to her? Everyone else around the table seemed calm enough to listen, but she kept repeating the same thing. Which was really making me question here. There was no name to this witness, and though I had my own enemies within the road crew and perhaps my own security team, I knew that none of them hated me enough to lie.

Which, really only left one person. What was her connection? She had to know someone on the inside? Julie? If so, Julie was making it very obvious.

I listened, with a rather keen ear as they talked amongst themselves, a very few believing Julie. With that, I stood up, slapping my hand on the table. I ignored the pain that shot up from my wrist up to my shoulder. I had enough and I was going to let them know it!

“Shut up! All of you! Because drugs, in a security members room, means nothing! I have the law on my side; I think I know it better than you! And like I said, I will test for whatever you want. Those drugs you found would have stayed in my system for up to three days! And anyone who sells drugs or buys them, knows the best time to use it, is right away! You have no right to hold me anymore and I won’t let you. I have got to meet everyone at the van. If you have any more questions, please, take a flying leap off a short cliff because I just don’t give a damn!” With that, I turned on my heel and walked out the door, my eyes seeing nothing but red! That was it! I was past the point of caring. That little no good, lying, skanky ass bitch has pushed me too damn far!

----
I clenched and unclenched my hands, my anger mounting by the second. I was praying, as I silently walked into the arena, that she wasn’t there, that she wouldn’t dare show her face because I knew that I was about ready to punch her black and blue. I didn’t need anymore proof. Well, that wasn’t true. I did NEED it, just as this point, I didn’t care, I didn’t want it. I wasn’t dumb, like how she was making me out to be. Nor was anyone else. She wasn’t that smart if she believed that.

I slammed the door open, making a couple crew members jump and turn around, quickly moving out of my way as I stalked angrily into the back part of the stage. I glanced around, not seeing her there, at least at that moment.

“Mommy, mommy!” I turned, seeing my kids come to a flying stop. I was radiating anger right now, it was oozing out of my pores and I just didn’t give a shit. I did feel bad for my kids for I knew they had never seen it, and the last thing I wanted was for them to witness how much of a bitch I could be, but at the same point, Terri was not only hurting me, she was hurting my family. If those people in upper management hadn’t believed me and did try to lock me up, my kids would have been stuck with Nick. Which was both bad and good, for than Terri would have been stuck having to take care of them.

“Where’s Terri?” I hadn’t meant to ground out my words, and I really did feel bad, but this was just too over the top.

“She’s watching the sound check.” I smiled at them, trying to lessen the blow of my anger, but I doubt they felt that. I was just walking past them when LeighAnne came around the corner with Kris. They both paused, their eyes opening wide as they took in everything around me.

“Theresa, what happened?” Kris just never called my by my first name, and in usual cases, that would have made me pause, but not now.

“Where’s Terri?” I froze, hearing that stupid little chuckle as she came around the corner, Leigh standing right next to her. My eyes narrowed and with a loud scream, I lounged at her, my fists trying to land anywhere they could!