- Text Size +
Chapter 68

“You stupid bitch!” Terri tried to defend herself, but it was no use, I quickly knocked her back, landing a punch in her stomach and to her face. I was quite happy when I quickly saw the skin turning colors! And I was ready to strike again when someone wrapped their arms around me and pulled me back.

“Let me go!”

“Hell no. You’re out for blood! Calm down Resa.” I kicked and screamed even more, hating Nick for he wouldn’t let me go.

“Damn it Carter, let me at her. A little blood spilled never hurt anyone.” I kept my eyes glued to Terri who only stared at me in shock. I wasn’t sure if it was over the fact that I tried to hurt her or the fact that I was free, I didn’t know; I was just happy it was there.

“Stop it! You’re upsetting the kids and they are crying. This is something they don’t need to witness.”

“I don’t care!”

“Yes you do. You’re kids mean the world to you, babe. Let it go. Hurting her will only make things worse. We got a plan; you can’t screw it up now.” His whispered words did what nothing else seemed to do, they calmed me. I stopped fighting, but his arms still didn’t release me. He kept my snug against his chest, making Terri rather upset.

“You’re holding her when you should be holding me?”

“Would you like me to release her Terri? I have a feeling that she’ll just go after you the moment I let her go?” That shut her up! “Jason, Ray, take Terri back to the hotel. Make sure nothing happens, kay?” I watched out of the corner of my eye as they nodded, gently grabbed her arms and escorted her back to the hotel. When she was finally gone, Nick released me and I turned, looking at my kids’ tear stained face. I held my arms out to them, kneeled down and let them run to me, rubbing their backs.

Holy hell, I was ready to screw things up tonight for some stupid punches? Was that worth it? No. I wanted her locked up with the key tossed away. I wanted her out of Nick’s life for good! And though punching her would have been sweet, it would have only lasted for a short time. And it would have made matters worse for me. Not to say that this wouldn’t. But, I had witnesses, well, a few. They didn’t know the story.

“I am so sorry hons. I never wanted you to see mommy like that. She was just so upset!”

“Wanna explain why?” I stood up, lifting each kid and nodded at Leigh’s question.

“Let’s head into Nick’s dressing room. There won’t be lingering ears there.” They all nodded and followed Nick as he made his way there, opening the door and letting us enter. They all took various spots and I set the kids down, letting Thomas go to Nick and Tamara go to AJ. I looked at their faces and took a deep breath. “If you don’t know, I was with management these past three hours. They found the drugs that I had taken and basically accused me of using them myself.”

“What?” D’s eyes shot open as he stared at me.

“I know. I couldn’t get them to see that I had no reason to use them. They said that I had an ex with a girlfriend, kids who tended to misbehave and friends who could leave me out a wire. None of which would push me to drugs. Than they said, well not they, Julie said she had a witness who said I was buying them.”

“A witness? Who?”

“I don’t know Brian, she never said, but I have a feeling it was Terri.”

“Now, this may come as a dumb question, but why would Terri say that?”

“You mean other than trying to get me out of the picture, Leigh?” She blushed a little but nodded. “That’s the only thing I can see. How she knew I had them, I’m not sure. I’m not even 100 percent positive she’s the one using. As you know, I have my plans to catch her, but haven’t gotten anything yet.”

“So, if she’s the witness, that means she would have lied to Julie. But Terri wouldn’t have the information to contact management, let alone Julie.”

“Now see Nick, that’s what I found funny. I don’t even have Julie’s cell number.”

“No one does, Resa.”

“I know Kevin! But Julie was the one forcing the issue, calling out the questions and painting me in the worst light. I know she’s the one who was contacted by this so called witness.”

“Which would have to mean that somehow, some way, Julie and Terri know each other.” I nodded my head in agreement with LeighAnne.

“When I first explained to them who I thought it was, it was Julie who demanded that I have more proof than just a gut feeling. In fact, she sprouted a lot of the same damn information, just in a different way tonight.”

“What do you mean?”

“When I blurted out that Terri had a good motive and what not, she didn’t believe me. She said she needed proof to believe that. And than she questioned why it wouldn’t be me, Kristen. She said that I had an ex, and the kids. Just the same thing that she said tonight.” I paused and after a few moments, all heads turned to look at Nick. He stopped pacing as he felt the stares and his eyebrows shot up.

“What? Why are you all looking at me?”

“Because you’re with Terri!”

“I’m dating her Resa, that doesn’t mean…”

“Can it. She flaunted it last night that you two had sex. So, it’s obvious she still trusts you.” He visibly cringed. He had really hoped she wouldn’t spill about that. He didn’t want everyone knowing, especially since he hadn’t enjoyed it.

“So, what, you want her to confide in me or something?”

“Between you and Leigh, I think we’re bound to get a little more information. Perhaps with tonight’s spin, it wouldn’t hurt a few others to be a little warmer to her.” This time, all heads shot towards me.

“Like how?”

“I know you can’t stand her J, I’m not asking you too. I’m asking you to act, pretend, and feel sorry that she was attacked. I have a feeling that if she thinks you do feel sorry for her, that her guard might start to fall and things might start to, oh I don’t know, accidentally come out. Information that may just help us in the long run.”