- Text Size +
Chapter 69

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I stayed behind stage, listening to the guys sing and the girls scream. Even though BSB wasn’t as huge as they were in the Millennium days, they could still get a screaming arena. I leaned against the wall, my mind still not quite calming down as dozens of thoughts raced through it. Was I doing the right thing? Would I really be able to finish this damn deal once and for all? How I wanted it, but was I just pushing my luck? I sighed, feeling a little hand start tapping the back of my leg.

“Yes little one?”

“Mommy.” I turned, frowning as I saw the worried look in her eyes. God, did she look like Nick. I had seen that same abused and worried look in his eyes and it matched Tamara’s right now.

“What’s wrong honey?” I knelled down and looked at her, gently pulling her into my arms.

“I did something bad.” Oh hell, a mother never liked to hear that coming form their child.

“What did you do Tamara?” She sniffled and I could feel the sobs starting to well up in her. This was really tearing her up.

“I made you mad at Terri.” And that caused my brow to wrinkle. Nothing Tamara did would make me mad at Terri. Terri made me at Terri. “I stole her little package that that man was holding earlier.”

“You mean you stole her drugs? Tamara, why would you do that?”

“Because it looked important and I wanted Terri upset and I wanted daddy away from her and I wanted you and daddy to be together.” I tried to sort through that jumbled mess that she just uttered in one breath. Hell, with her sobs and her silent tears, I didn’t need her speaking in run on sentences.

“I see. That wasn’t right that you took it. It wasn’t yours.”

“I know mommy. And I’m sorry, I really am!”

“I know you are honey.”

“I didn’t want to get you into trouble.”

“You didn’t s…” I paused, thinking how she did actually get me into trouble, but than again, Terri knew who took her drugs. And tired to blame me for it! Oh hell no, this was just another flame to add to the already smoldering fire! “Well, no harm was done now, but you can’t do that again, okay?” She nodded her head a little, knocking it softly against my own as she laid it on my shoulder. I slowly started to smirk as I started to think. Time was really drawing to an end on her reign. The queen bitch was about to be dethroned by me.

-----
I laid Tamara down, brushing her blonde curls aside. How did she get those? For the longest time, her hair was straight. And it was becoming more of a dirty blonde than it was a straight blonde. I suppose my genes were finally starting to come through.

I glanced up as Nick walked in with Thomas and laid him down, brushing his lips over his son’s forehead. I glanced at Thomas who looked more like his dad. His hair stayed straight and his blue eyes were the brightest blue. In truth, they probably out shinned Nick’s. Not that many eyes could do that.

Nick smiled and stepped over, slipping his arm around my waist. He squeezed my side and than turned, lightly tugging me along. I followed him out to the living room, taking the seat next to him on the couch.

“What’s on your mind Carter?” I rested my elbow on the back of my couch and than rested my head on my hand, watching Nick. It amazed me how people said it was hard to read Nick. His eyes may not give him away, but his body does. That man has never learned to control that. When he gets nervous, he has a habit to lick his lips a lot and bounce his foot. When he is in deep thought, he tends to run his hands over his legs, as if that’s going to tame his thoughts. And when he’s pissed, his hands clench, a lot. Than he clenches his teeth, granted, that depends on how pissed he is. And now, what I saw was a bit of nerves and deep thoughts. And I almost laughed as he looked up at me, shocked.

“What makes you think something is up? That I wanted to talk?”

“Nick, you may be able to fool the guys, or your fans, but you can’t fool me. I know something is on your mind hon. I just want you to tell me.”

“Oh.” His brow wrinkled as if he was confused by how I would know anything.

“Nick…,” I lightly placed my free hand on his leg and lifted a brow “…you have signs. I’m only reading those signs. What’s up?”

“It’s this stuff with Terri. I…you know what happened the other night and you know I didn’t want to, but….”

“But, you have to go with the flow, Nick. As much as you may hate it, you have to. I know how close we are and I just can’t afford to let it sleep through my fingers yet.” Of course, I didn’t mention how I hated seeing him over her or hating the fact that I knew anything happened. Than again, this was only my side of thinking. He wanted away from Terri; there was never any mention about us getting back together though.

“Nick, you really don’t have to explain to me.” I gave him a smile, not wanting to voice how much that all hurt. I mean, he had to know I still cared. Not like I would dare force his hand. Well, actually, you really couldn’t. Nick wouldn’t really do anything that he didn’t want to do. And that brought me up short. So, did that mean that he really did want Terri? Or that there was just free sex and he wasn’t going to be a fool by turning it down?

Mentally, I had to shake that thought. I knew Nick better than she did. Perhaps even better than the guys. He actually had some depth to him.

“Resa?” My eyes shot to his and I crinkled my brows.

“Yeah?”

“You just grew awfully quiet.”

“Sorry. I just had a long ass day. And I’m positive that tomorrow is going to be a pain in the ass thanks to Terri and Julie.” He reached over and took my hand within his, linking our fingers.

“You have people at your back. They won’t do anything stupid.”

“They tried you know?”

“That they did. And tried is the word there. Now, we have some information and soon we will know more. And in that case, you know will catch them.” I watched his lips lift into a smirk, my eyebrow rising at that. Maybe he did want Terri to go down. I smiled at him, was about to say something when his cell went off. I rolled my eyes as I heard the ring tone, knowing that was the clue he needed to leave.

Lord, I really couldn’t be happier than when I caught her in some act. She so needed to leave, and at this point in time, the sooner, the damn better. She was really starting to ruin not just Nick’s life, but others as well. Time was no longer her friend.