- Text Size +
Chapter 70

“Resa?” I glanced up from my lap top and looked up at Nick, watching him take the seat next to me. “Howie wanted to take James to the park, want to go with us?”

“You’re going?”

“Yeah. Well, I wanted to take the twins and maybe Baylee.”

“Oh. Go ahead and take the kids. I gotta wait for the package to show up. It should be coming any minute.”

“If you’re sure than.” Nick stood up, gently kissed my cheek than gathered up the kids, meeting Howie in the lobby, grinning as Baylee flew out of the restaurant to go as well. “I promise to watch him Bri!” They gathered up the guards and made their way to the park. The twins carefully picked James up and walked over to the slide while Nick and D took a swing, watching the kids in silence for a bit before Howie finally spoke up.

“What’s on your mind, Nick?” Nick jumped a little, being so lost in thought.

“Huh?” Howie chuckled, glancing at the kids and still seeing that everything was okay there.

“You have something on your mind?” Nick looked at Howie, shaking his head.

“Yeah, I do. Damn, first Resa and than you. How do you guys know that?”

“We know you man. So, wanna share?” Nick twisted his lip, looking at Howie again. Howie’s brows crinkled a bit as he saw the true agitation in Nick’s eyes. “Dude, what’s bugging you? You really have a lot on your mind.”

“I do. And a lot has to do with Resa. And Terri, of course.”

“Okay, well, what’s up with that?”

“I over heard Resa talking to Kris about her favorite song. Which is actually Back To Your Heart. I know that we don’t usually have it in our line up, but do you think we could try it?”

“You mean perform it? I don’t see why that would be a problem. Nick, what’s going on?” Nick sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, looking at Howie again.

“I want my wife’s affection back again. I was stupid to leave in the first place, I know this now. But the more I see her, the more I want her. I really do love her. And being away from her and my family, it’s eating me up. Actually, it has been, I just chose to ignore it. I miss tucking them in, miss kissing them good night, miss joking and playing around with them. And I miss holding my wife. I know you can understand how a person was made to fit against your body. Well, that’s how I feel about Resa. She has always felt right against me.” Howie couldn’t stop the grin from forming. He knew that eventually Nick would come to his senses; it was really just a matter of time. And it looked like that time was now.

“So, what exactly do you need me to do? Or what did you want me to do?”

“I just need advice. You are one of her best friends. How exactly do I get my wife back?”

-----
“It’s an interesting view, huh?” AJ stepped up behind Kris who sat on the edge of the stage, just swinging her feet.

“It is. I honestly have no clue how you guys do it. Well, I know for you it’s like a high.”

“What do you mean? Not going insane by seeing all the fans?”

“Yeah. And than not to get over whelmed.”

“We have been doing this for so long, you just get used to it. But, yeah, for me, it’s a high. I…the fans just pump me up. Always have, always will.” He offered his hand to her and helped her up, showing her around.

“Does Nick still play the drums?” She sat down on the stool and picked up the drumsticks, hitting the drum head.

“He hasn’t recently.” AJ walked up behind her and bent down to lightly nibble at her neck, smirking as she giggled.

“Alexander, what are you doing?”

“Kissing you.” His arms slid around her waist and lifted her up, quickly sitting her down on his lap, smirking as she faced him.

“You know, I was fooling around with that.”

“I know. But now you can fool around with me instead.” She glanced around and than leaned forward, quickly pressing her lips against his. She had to admit that she had always wanted to get it on, on their stage. And the fact that this was Nick’s drum set made it an even better place to get it on at. She smirked as her hands found the hem of his shirt and quickly yanked it up and tossed it to the floor, than ran her hands down over his chest as her lips yet again sought his.

He moaned, his hands slipping under the back of her shirt, roaming along her back, his nails gently scraping over the soft skin. She returned his moan, her hands flying to the back of his neck as his lips trailed over her cheek, down her jaw and over her neck. Damn, he knew that he was past the point of love when it came to this woman and he was so grateful to have found her.

His hand slipped between them and he quickly pushed her shorts aside, his fingers finding the way to her center. He moaned again at the feel of her. She gasped and quickly buried her head in his shoulder, barely hearing something.

“Alex?”

“Hm?” His lips pressed against her skin as his fingers kept slowly moving.

“Stop.” He finally heard her voice through his haze and wrinkled his brow, knowing that no one else should be in the arena. “Do you hear that?”

“Yeah.” She composed herself and got up, allowing him to get up too. “Does that sound….”

“Like Terri!” They walked to the curtain and heard her talking to some one, very clearly placing a drug order.