- Text Size +
Chapter 71

Alex quickly looked around, trying to find his damn phone so he could record what he was seeing. He slammed his hand against his jeans, finally groaning as he realized that he had left it in the dressing room, not thinking he would need it for any reason.

“Where is it Alex?”

“In the room, on the damn table. Shit, how the hell could this happen?”

“A damn good chance and we lost it.” They both finally fell silent, just listening, but both people had moved to talk in hush tones. Alex looked at Kris, smiled a little bit and than quickly ushered her backstage, hoping that they could at least see something and be asked to be witnesses or something like that. They could discount Resa’s thoughts all the wanted, but having two more people on hand…that would be foolish to not believe.

“Hey Terri, what are you doing here?” Alex asked, lifting a brow as he looked at her. Terri’s head quickly snapped up and pushed the guy away, knowing that AJ must be thinking the very worse of her right now. But than again, no one knew it was her who was getting the stuff, right? Okay, so she wanted to believe that, but Resa thought she knew. And maybe she was off spreading lies…er, yeah, whatever.

“Oh, this was the most private place to meet George. He was going to run out and get me the two latest games that Nick wanted. And, since it’s a gift, I didn’t want Nick knowing.”

“Right. You know Nick’s not around right?” Terri wrinkled her brows, looking at the couple.

“Uh, of course I know.” Terri waved her hand, grinned at them and quickly left. Kris looked at Alex, grinned and nodded.

“Resa!” Both said it at the same time and ran out of the venue.

-----
I leaned my head back, smiling as I watched the DVD of my wedding on my laptop. Nick said I was fool to record it and let the fans see it, but in all truth, that damn thing was a huge success. It raked in a lot more money than half of their other video sales. To the fans, it was part of being something special. And in this actual way, I was able to control a lot more who I let photograph and video tape what. You know those damn press people always want what you don’t give them. Besides, it wasn’t the whole thing. It had bits and pieces of that, the reception and actually the honeymoon. Well, the first part, we had two parts, yes. On the first part, we went to Disneyworld, stayed there for about five days, recorded some little things from there and that was it; than we went on a three week cruise in the Mediterranean, and that was private. And being with my husband for a month was wonderful; I mean, really, how many times would you say that you got to spend time alone with Nick? Okay, well, you know what I mean. That man is always on the go, always busy!

I sighed, smiling as he groaned about the cake that I managed to get up his nose. And no, that wasn’t the first bite. I was feeding him, got distracted and yes, totally missed his mouth. Damn Kevin! That was his fault. I chuckled, setting it aside as I heard someone knock and quickly went to open the door, smiling all the more at Kevin.

“Well, hello.”

“You seem happy to see me.”

“I am. I was just watching a video of my wedding. And I had just come to the part where you were talking to me and I got the cake up Nick’s nose.” Kevin stepped into the room, his brows wrinkled than start laughing.

“Oh yeah, I remember.”

“Thought you would have. So, what brings you by handsome?” I plopped back on the couch and patted the seat next to me. He took it and tossed me a small package.

“I was downstairs when the delivery guy dropped that off. Thought I’d come check up on your and drop that off.”

“Oh yes! Thank you. It’s what I have been waiting for. Finally!” I took one of the chips out, smiling, for it was no bigger than my finger nail. “Perfect!”
Kevin wrinkled his brow as he looked over my shoulder, finally glancing up at me.

“What exactly is that?”

“That would be that little microchip that I needed.”

“That thing!”

“I know, it’s tinny. And that makes it perfect. So now, I need to get a hold of Nick, tell him we have to go shopping.”

“He hasn’t gotten anything yet?”

“No, I told him that I didn’t want to yet; until I knew the size that I was looking at.”

“I guess that makes sense.” I grinned even more, slapping his chest gently and lifted my brow as I heard someone knock. I ran to the door, shocked to see both Kris and AJ there, knowing they had a date.

“What are you two doing here?” They both rushed in and plopped on the couch, finally catching their breath.

“We went to the venue…”

“Wait, alone Alex?”

“Yes, we were fine!”

“Don’t do it again. That’s putting my ass on the line even more, geez!”

“Okay, fine, sorry! Anyways, I was giving Kris a private tour and as were on the stage, we heard some voices.”

“Imagine our surprise when we peeked behind the curtains and saw miss pain in the ass herself placing an order,” Kris said, finishing Alex’s thoughts.

“An order?” I crossed my arms, smirking. “Did you get it recorded?”

“Uh, no. I forgot my phone.”

“Ah damn.” I smiled and placed my hand on his shoulder. “Don’t even worry about it. It’s okay. As it goes, you guys are witnesses now too.”

“But…”

“No buts Kris. Believe me, everything is okay.” I held out my hnad, showing them the little chips. “These little things will help me.” Kris wrinkled her brow and grabbed one, looking it over and than finally smiled.

“These tiny things are the chips you wanted?”

“Yup. And I figured that I would get her a little clutch and maybe some dangling earrings.”

“And being Terri, she would always love those.” AJ looked up at me, smiling. “Finally, she’s gonna be gone.”

“Geez AJ, don’t you like her?” I sat down next to him, playing with the chips and smiling. Now, I just had to wait for Nick. And I wouldn’t be able to go shopping until tomorrow. The guys had to be back soon for rehearsal and sound check was happening here pretty soon.