- Text Size +
Chapter 72

I quickly changed into jeans and a tank top, slipping on my holster and my walkie talkie and than pulled the short jacket over it and walked out, seeing the twins run out of the elevator with Nick right behind them. They ran over to me and launched themselves against my legs.

“Hey munchkins. Dang, you guys make it sound as if you haven’t seen me in ages here.” I couldn’t help but chuckle at them, hugging them back. “Okay, we gotta get daddy and everyone downstairs, they gotta work tonight.” I looked up at Nick as he just shook his head. “Shut up, you love those girls screaming your name.” I rolled my eyes as Nick just shrugged and than smirked. But than paused as the door to his room opened and Terri came stumbling out.
“Terri, are you okay?”

“No, I don’t feel good. Can I just stay here tonight?” She walked over to Nick and silently pleaded with her eyes. But, I had two five year olds. Actually, almost six; wow their birthday was coming up. Of course, that was beside the point. I just meant to say that I knew to well that Terri was faking. And not to rag on my ex here, but I knew he wasn’t too smart to catch on to her little scheme. Fine, if she wanted to play that game that would be okay.

Nick finally nodded and took her back to the room while I ushered the kids into the room. I glanced over my shoulder to watch Nick and than waved one of the guards over. She wasn’t going to get away that easily! Theresa was not a fool.

“Roger, I need you to watch this floor. If she leaves, I want to know. If she gets any visitors other than room service with soup or tea, I want to know.” Roger nodded and than went back to his post. I stepped into the room, ignoring the tweet that went to my phone and watched the twins change and then grab their back packs. “Ready guys?” I took a hold of their hands and than walked back out, almost running down Baylee. I swing him up in my arms and grinned at Brian and LeighAnne.

“Baylee, you can’t just run off like that!”

“Mom is right, mister. You gotta stay with an adult. Now, hold onto the twins’ hands.” I sat him back down and than waited for D and James, seeing no Leigh.

“Terri asked her to keep her company,” Howie said, seeing my glance.

“Oh. Than I’m waiting on Nick, Kevin, and AJ.”

“Go ahead boss lady. We’ll meet you there.”

“Thanks Q.” We entered the elevator and I quickly radioed out that we were about ready to exit the hotel and out to the van. I watched the twins and Baylee, seeing them whisper. “Woah, what are you three talking about?”

“Nothing mama.” Tamara beamed at me as she looked over her shoulder and than took a hold of Baylee’s hand again and ran off the elevator and toward the exit.

“Something is going on with those three. They have something planned.” Brian glanced at Howie who only shook his head, smirking a bit.

-----
I did a quick walk around the arena, my mind drifting back to what AJ had told me about Terri, and that made my blood boil. She really just didn’t know how close she was to being gone. And if she honestly thought that she would be getting away with this, than she honestly was more stupid than I thought.

I sighed, noticing nothing and than walked back into the dressing room, looking at the twins once more in a quiet whisper with Baylee. And now I knew something was going on.

“Okay you three, what are you guys discussing so intently?”

“Do you always have to think the worst of us mom?”

“Yeah, don’t worry, they aren’t doing any harm.”

“Nick, do not help them. They don’t need you to help with their cuteness.” Nick gave me that Carter grin and than went back to playing his video game. “Fine, you three, just stay out of trouble than.” They nodded and than jumped up.

“Mom, can we go and play with James?”

“Yeah, as long as Uncle Howie doesn’t mind and he’s not busy.” They smiled and than ran out of the room. I followed them with my eyes before turning to look at Nick. I leaned against the back of the couch, watching him, the tongue caught between his teeth. “Nick? Pause the game please.” Nick threw a quick look at me but paused the game. “Thank you.” I moved to sit down next to him. “If you are serious about getting rid of your girlfriend, than tomorrow, we have to shopping. I got my package in the mail today.”

“Sure. But why do you say ‘if’. I still want to, of course I do.”

“Don’t get huffy here. I just know that, the last few days you have hung out with her and didn’t know if your feelings had changed or something.” Nick’s brows snapped together as he slowly turned to look at me.

“No. Why would you even think anything like that? You said I needed to do it, and I did. My love for that woman has so flown out the window. I know she doesn’t realize it, not sure if she will, but I honestly want nothing to do with her. I only did what you told me to do.” I winced a bit and leaned over to cup his cheek.

“I know, I know. And I’m sorry.” He nodded his head and a smile started forming.

“Don’t be. You are only doing your job.” We both turned our head as someone opened the door.

“Come on boss lady and Nick. Sound check time.” I stood up and than helped Nick up, heading out of the room, watching the kids stop just as the end of the stage. I walked down the steps, putting in my ear plugs and helped the fans in, smiling as some waved and smiled at me. They finally got seated and than within a few moments the guys came on stage. I shook my head as the screaming got worse and glanced at the stage one more time before tuning them out. Or, that was until I heard a fan make a comment. What the hell? Did that fan just state that Nick asked the fans to request a song in a tweet? I paused, as the fans started to chant a certain song title. My eyes glanced up as I saw Nick grin and they broke into ‘Back To Your Heart’.